• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I measure the pecans for Pecan Tassies?

In summary, the host experienced difficulty with getting the invitations sent out, had 4 guests, and thought she was going to be more nervous than she was. The show went well, and the host enjoyed talking about the products.
kam
Staff member
I am making some Pecan Tassies tonight for a show tomorrow (a little something extra).

The recipe calls for 1 cup pecan halves, finely chopped

I take this to mean that I measure the Pecans first, then chop. ???? Has anyone made them - and do you measure the pecan halves first or the chopped nuts to make 1 cup?

Thank you!

Yep, that's what you do.If the recipe had said 1 cup chopped pecans, you'd chop first, measure second.

Yes - measure them first, and then chop them.

As a rule of thumb, when measuring nuts - if it calls for 1/2 Cup halved or whole nuts, chopped - you measure first and then chop. If it calls for 1/2 cup of chopped nuts - you chop first and then measure!:thumbup:

Thank you!! I knew that's what it said, but I was doubting myself since I don't believe I have ever made a recipe that called for the nuts to be measured BEFORE chopping.

And I drew a blank on what it would have said...

VERY first show tomorrow - so my mind is gone now.

Thanks!

kam said:
Thank you!! I knew that's what it said, but I was doubting myself since I don't believe I have ever made a recipe that called for the nuts to be measured BEFORE chopping.

And I drew a blank on what it would have said...

VERY first show tomorrow - so my mind is gone now.

Thanks!
Good luck!

Let us know how it goes!

off topic host vent!I go through the same thing with sifted flour.
1 cup sifted flour
1 cup flour, sifted

I always have to read those twice!

Good luck!
Let us know how it goes!

Yes, I will definitely post. I am actually dreading it a little now.
VENT off topic:
The host is a friend, and she started out being very excited. She spent too much time getting the invites together than actually making sure they got delivered. She was going to invite the whole neighborhood (we are neighbors), 50-60 houses. Instead of mailing them, she was going to hand deliver them. The first day, she only got 1 street done. You know, stopping and talking to everyone. Then it was several days later and I heard from other friends they had not gotten an invite. So I called her. She does not have time to hand them out now. So she sent an email - from a group email she had received. She had no idea who she even emailed. I had to tell her. It goes on and on like this. She has been a huge time drainer these past 2 weeks that I should have spent more time on the training videos - but didn't.

Then to top it off, she calls last night and asks what time I was planning on getting there. The show is at noon, and being my first show, I told her 11am (which I had told her several times in the past - and it is in her host packet). Well, now she needs to be somewhere else until 11:20!! Ugh! At least her husband will be there so I can get ready.

I am drained before I even get there. But bottom line, she needed extra invites (that she never even sent), really has no idea who was really invited, and we are expecting 3-4 people. Those are good friends of mine from the neighborhood and are probably coming to show support...

After the invite debacle, I even offered to input everyone she had invited various ways into the website and send out the reminder email - but I could not even get a list of who was invited!!!!

OK, vent over. Thanks for listening.

We've all been there. The good news is that you'll have hosts who go above and beyond in every way. :)

Show updateWell, my first show was yesterday. I was exhausted!! For weeks all I have been doing is Pampered Chef related things. Well, after the show, I loaded the dishwasher and didn't even think Pampered Chef for the rest of the night - I was too tired!

I am relieved it is over. There were 4 guests, but one brought her college aged daughter and daughter's friend. (The great news is that the daughter's friend said her mom could quite possibly be interested in having a show!! - this takes it out of "my" circle!).

Anyway, the guests were good friends of mine, so I was not as nervous as I could have been. My director was also there. It was a tremendous help that she came. It was so nice that she gave her (Saturday!) afternoon to be there.

I thought I was going to be much more nervous. Once I got into the recipe and talking about the products - it went fine! I love the products so it is easy for me to offer suggestions and say how much I love the products. I targeted Prep Bowls and sold 3 sets (out of 4 guests!).

Right now we are at a little over $300, and I think the host has to get 4 more outside orders yet. These are 4 orders that she did not have to work at - they called her, so I think we will make it to $400. Maybe even $500.

I know everyone says to have 4 shows right away - but I am actually a little relieved that my next show isn't until mid-Oct. I feel like I can focus on and "close" this show and then move onto the next one!!

Thanks!

Related to How do I measure the pecans for Pecan Tassies?

1. How do I make Pecan Tassies?

To make Pecan Tassies, you will need to gather ingredients such as butter, cream cheese, flour, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and chopped pecans. First, make the dough by mixing the butter, cream cheese, and flour together. Press the dough into mini muffin tins and bake for 10 minutes. Then, mix together the brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract to make the filling. Pour the filling into the baked crusts and top with chopped pecans. Bake for an additional 20 minutes and let cool before serving.

2. Can I use a different type of nut for Pecan Tassies?

Yes, you can use different types of nuts for Pecan Tassies. Some popular alternatives include walnuts, almonds, or hazelnuts. You can also mix different types of nuts together for a unique flavor.

3. How should I store Pecan Tassies?

Pecan Tassies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days. If you want to store them longer, you can freeze them for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, thaw them in the fridge overnight and bring to room temperature before serving.

4. Can I make Pecan Tassies in advance?

Yes, you can make Pecan Tassies in advance. You can make the dough and filling ahead of time and store them separately in the fridge for up to 2 days. When you are ready to bake, assemble the tassies and bake as directed. You can also freeze the assembled tassies and bake them at a later time.

5. Can I use a pre-made pie crust for Pecan Tassies?

Yes, you can use a pre-made pie crust for Pecan Tassies. Simply roll out the pie crust and cut it into small circles to fit into the mini muffin tin. You can also use pre-made tart shells if you prefer. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pattikake
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies