• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Made the Caramel Pecan Pull Apart Bread

In summary, the recipe for the caramel pull apart bread calls for melting butter and adding the caramel to it. It is then put into the oven and the biscuits are added. The recipe was a disaster and the kitchen filled with smoke.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
I want to do this for a show this weekend, but wanted to know of anyone why made it, how you and your guest liked it??

Are we talking the 'typical' smuckers size for the caramel? Anyone use any other type of caramel?

Caramel Pecan

1/2 stick butter
1 jar caramel ice cream topping
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 package Pillsbury Grands Biscuits

I have not tried this yet, but Goodness it sounds GREAT! The Caramel sauce they are asking for is in a jar, the size of a jar of jelly, but found right next to the syrups....could you tell me the rest of the recipe, so I can try it...;) TIA

What I have been doing at my shows this month is the pull apart bread with the Sweet Caramel Sprinkles - I have people waiting for them!

Kate
what have you been doing exactly?
pls share
tia

smilesarepriceless said:
I want to do this for a show this weekend, but wanted to know of anyone why made it, how you and your guest liked it??

Are we talking the 'typical' smuckers size for the caramel? Anyone use any other type of caramel?

Caramel Pecan

1/2 stick butter
1 cup pecans, chopped

Please come back and tell us the rest of the recipe. I just went out and bought the caramel, and want to make this tonight!!!!

bump :cry:

cutie pie
Smashie said:
bump :cry:
Yes! I see your adorable puppy and he is beautiful!

I too have been toying on doing this recipe so when someone does it please share!:p

Directions are probably the same as for all the pull aparts - you can search the files for Caramel and find a word document that has several pull apart recipes with one set of instructions for all of them - and that includes the one listed here.

Thanks!! Didn't think of that.

Here it is :

Caramel Pecan

1 stick butter
1 cup pecans, chopped

Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter in Small Sauté Pan on stovetop, over medium heat—add ingredients, except biscuits, and sauté until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Using Utility Knife, cut biscuits into quarters. Add all the biscuits to the pan, toss with butter mixture, immediately put in oven and bake 18-20 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It seems that a whole jar of that caramel would be a little much. I will try it though and let ya'll know how it turns out!

I will try it though and let ya'll know how it turns out!

well? are you going to share?
lol

Sorry.. I went to dinner for a mom's night out, and looks like this thread was in some serious need of directions.I too am craving this.
I don't have the sprinkles yet myself, and since I wanted to do this for 2 upcoming shows this weekend, I'm curious about the caramel turn out..Please share what happens when you do indeed use a whole bottle!

I'm not Kate...but here is a thread I started about making the caramel or cinnamon sprinkle bites! Beating a dead horse? Another update to use saute pan to make cinnamon bites

since your not kate i dont know if i can accept this reply:D

thanks kelly
i remember it being very long and not getting a chance to read it after our conference:cry:

DO NOT use a whole jar. It will bubble over and burn on the bottom of your hosts oven. The kitchen will be filled with smoke and the smoke alarms will go off.

Ask me how I know. :balloon:

Just use enough to make sure all the biscuit pieces are coated.

DebbieJ said:
DO NOT use a whole jar. It will bubble over and burn on the bottom of your hosts oven. The kitchen will be filled with smoke and the smoke alarms will go off.

Ask me how I know. :balloon:

Just use enough to make sure all the biscuit pieces are coated.

Hmmm, I bet you know because this happened to "someone you know"!:eek: ;)

ChefBeckyD said:
Hmmm, I bet you know because this happened to "someone you know"!:eek: ;)

Yeah, Yeah, it was someone I know. Uh ha..that's it! :angel:

I made this at one show, and sold 3 saute pans! Everyone loved it, but I only use about 2 tbsp of butter, and enough caramel to put a nice layer on the bottom. I also use the 5 biscuit size of biscuits. Yum!

I happened to make the caramel pecan pull apart bread Thursday night (experimenting at home before a Friday demo...thankfully). I followed the above recipe as directed. It was a disaster!!!! What a mess it made of my stove and oven!!!!!!!! And yep, it started smoking. And the pull apart bread itself was mostly just a soggy/soupy blob (few pieces on top could be saved, and they were delicious. heehee). Anyway, just have to agree that the ingredients as listed are WAY to much for the 8" saute pan.

Thank God I read this before I tried to make it today. I knew that a whole jar was too much, but I tend to follow directions when making a recipe. I hope someone can come up with an accurate recipe because it sounds delicious!

Okay, made these last night and they were pretty good.

I used:

3 Tablespoons of Butter
1/3 cup of caramel
1/3 cup of pecans
1 package of Pillsbury Biscuits

rolled the cut up pieces in the butter/caramel/pecan mixture, and baked about 20 minutes @350.

DH loved it!! I think if I used any more ingredients it would have made a huge mess. A little of the caramel stuck to the pan after I flipped it over, but just used our rubber spoonatula to get it out and spread it on top. It was good.

What ingredients are needed to make the Caramel Pecan Pull Apart Bread?

The ingredients needed for this recipe are refrigerated biscuits, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, pecans, and caramel sauce.

Can I use a different type of nuts besides pecans?

Yes, you can use any type of nuts that you prefer or have on hand. Almonds, walnuts, or hazelnuts would all work well in this recipe.

How long does it take to make the Caramel Pecan Pull Apart Bread?

The total time for this recipe is about 45 minutes. This includes preparation, baking, and cooling time.

Do I need any special equipment to make this recipe?

No, this recipe can be made with just basic kitchen equipment such as a baking pan, mixing bowl, and measuring cups and spoons.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the Caramel Pecan Pull Apart Bread the night before and bake it in the morning for a fresh and delicious treat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
AJPratt
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • lacychef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies