• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I make a perfect Mexican Fiesta with Pampered Chef?

In summary, the Mexican Fiesta show that Linda hosted used the taco ring, strawberry margarita squares, and salad choppers to make salsa. She also had a recipe for the whipped topping, but forgot to include it in her post. Linda also recommends the Apple Berry salsa from All the Best.
silly@hrt
I'm a fairly new consultant and I have a Host requesting a Mexican Fiesta... Any advise out there on really good recipes, invitations or ideas? Thanks!!!

I did a Mexican Fiesta for one of my friends and we had the taco ring, strawberry margarita squares (these I made ahead because of the time they needed to set up in the fridge), and used the salad choppers to make fresh salsa. I sold several of the choppers that night because we passed the bowl and choppers around so everyone was able to help make the salsa. Linda

Chicken Enchilada Ring
Pass Around Salsa
and Sangria or Margarita type of drink in the QSP

Attached you'll find all the recipes/flyers I have on my hard drive for a Mexican theme show. I am sorry I don't have any drink recipes but I am sure someone else will have some.

Attachments

• Chicken Enchilada Ring Recipe.doc
    25 KB · Views: 321
  • Southwest Salsa - pass around.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 297
  • Mexican Fiesta Flyer Invitation.doc
    60 KB · Views: 394
  • Mexican Fiesta Invite.doc
    106.5 KB · Views: 287
Thank you - thank you - thank you!!! :D

My last Mexican Fiesta show we made the taco ring (I gave her options...that's the one she chose)

Here is the invite I used (borrowed from someone on here!!)

ETA- she (host) made her own margaritas!

Attachments

• Mexican Fiesta Invite.doc
    102 KB · Views: 346
strawberry margarita squares sound delicious to add...

Do you have a recipe for those?

I just looked in my files and on joycesfinecooking.com website and I can't find a copy for you, sorry!

BTW- my host made those too...I forgot about that! They were VERY YUMMY!

Don't make it too hard on yourself...if you want to forward that recipe to her so she can make it ahead of time, that is very nice. Don't feel like you have to do more than one recipe unless that's what YOU want to do! OK, I will quit acting like a Mom now...

Strawberry Margarita Squares
Crust
2 c fat-free mini-twist pretzels (1 c crushed)
1/2 c butter, melted
1/4 c sugar
Filling
2 pkg (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 c thawed, frozen margarita mix concentrate (non-alcoholic)
2 containers (8 oz ea) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 pkg (3 oz) strawberry gelatin
1/2 c boiling water
1 pkg (10 oz) frozen sliced strawberries in syrup1. Preheat oven to 350. For crust, finely crush pretzels in resealable plastic bag with Baker*s Roller. Melt butter in Small Micro-Cooker on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted. Add crushed pretzels and sugar; mix well. Press mixture onto bottom of Rectangular Baker. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely.2. For filling, beat cream cheese and margarita mix in Classic batter Bowl until well blended. Fold in 2 cups of the whipped topping. Using large Spreader, carefully spread cream cheese mixture evenly over crust. Refrigerate while preparing strawberry layer.3. Place gelatin in Small Batter Bowl. Stir in boiling water; stir until completely dissolved. Add frozen strawberries and stir until strawberries separate and gelatin is thickened (a spoon drawn through the mixture will leave an impression). Whisk in 3 cups of the whipped topping using Stainless Steel Whisk. Pour over cream cheese layer, spreading to edges. Refrigerate 3 hours to set.4. Cut dessert into 15 squares. Garnish with remaining whipped topping using Easy Accent Decorator.I made them at home and then let the guests use the EAD to put some Whipped topping on their own piece. They all loved it. Linda

Apple/Berry Salsa from 'All the Best' is a good add-on recipe too! Love the taco ring, & the family size baked burrito is good too!

Thank you for posting the recipe! I saved it this time!

Taco calzone, a family favorite around here!

You guys are awesome ~
and thanks Kelly for the advice - being new to this I found I have been over-doing it a bit! It's always nice to have more "seasoned" chef's share what they have found to work/not work. That is why I JUST LOVE THIS SITE!!!

The Apple Berry salsa is one of my all time PC favorites! I forgot about that one... Do you make some tortilla chips in advance so you have enough?

Arizona Mexican Slow cooked pork...I was a banquet chef at a resort here in Mesa Arizona before PC. Here is a recipe we used from a real Mexican Fiesta Mama who worked with me. She was/is an amazing woman who was raised in Mexico. No taco seaoning. Sorry back easterners. This is by and far the real deal...with a lot of PC added to make it impossible to live without the seasoning!!
Slow Cooked Spanish Pork
6 lbs boneless pork roast chopped into 1 inch chunks
2T PC southwestern seasoning
2T PC smoky BBQ rub
1/4 cup fresh lime juice and zest
1 T ground cumin
6 oz can tomato paste
1/2 cup orange juice concentrate

Place all ingredients in a slow cooker on high 3-4 hours. Serves 12-24 depending on how hearty the servings. Can be cooled and divided into freezer bags if using for a power cooking session. Best of wishes from the skortching hot dessert of AZ. Yea. No snow here baby!

1. How do I make a delicious homemade guacamole for my Mexican fiesta?

To make a tasty guacamole, mash 3 ripe avocados with a fork. Add 1 diced tomato, 1 diced onion, 1 minced garlic clove, 1 diced jalapeno, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, and the juice of 1 lime. Mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy with tortilla chips or as a topping for tacos!

2. What is the best way to heat up tortillas for my fiesta?

To heat up tortillas, wrap them in a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds. Alternatively, heat them on a skillet over medium heat for about 30 seconds on each side. You can also wrap them in foil and heat them in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

3. Can I use pre-made taco seasoning for my fiesta or should I make my own?

You can use pre-made taco seasoning for convenience, but making your own can be more flavorful and healthier. To make your own, mix together 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, 1 teaspoon sea salt, and 1 teaspoon black pepper.

4. How can I make vegetarian options for my fiesta?

There are many delicious vegetarian options for a Mexican fiesta! You can make vegetarian tacos with beans, sautéed vegetables, and toppings like salsa, guacamole, and cheese. You can also make vegetarian enchiladas with a filling of black beans, corn, and bell peppers. Another option is to make a vegetarian burrito bowl with rice, beans, grilled vegetables, and toppings.

5. What are some fun and unique decorations for a Mexican fiesta?

For a fun and unique decoration, you can create a papel picado banner by cutting colorful tissue paper into festive designs and hanging them on a string. You can also use cactus or chili pepper shaped piñatas as centerpieces. Another idea is to display mini sombreros or maracas as table decorations. And don't forget to use bright and colorful tablecloths and plates to add to the fiesta atmosphere!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• trisigma730
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
bsaxman
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies