• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I handle checks made out to Pampered Chef instead of my name as the host?

checks payable to me. I usually either sign the back or have the guest do it. After the show, I always have the checks written out to the host and the host gives me one large payment.
candiejayne
Host not getting checks made out to me. I have told them, the order form says so, and I still get checks made out to Pampered Chef. How do you guys deal with this one? It took me 2 weeks to get a couple checks corrected, and I was not going to front the money for them. I don't know what else I can do to get the Hosts to get the checks written out right!

I've never really had a problem with this but when it has happened, I usually call the guest and just get a debit card from them. That way you aren't holding a show up for 2 weeks waiting. After the show, I always have the checks wrote out to the host and the host gives me one large payment.My outside order forms also say "Make checks payable to..."

If the check isn't too big, I just deposit it as is. The bank has never had an issue. I've also seen some others say that they just write their own name in after "Pampered Chef."

NooraK said:
If the check isn't too big, I just deposit it as is. The bank has never had an issue. I've also seen some others say that they just write their own name in after "Pampered Chef."

My bank won't they check all my checks and have returned some to me that were wrote out as Pampered Chef.

I have never had a problem at the bank. If it is made to PC then I just sign the back and deposit with the other checks and no one has every said anything.

Honestly, I simply write "or" and my name after Pampered Chef or I have the guest do it if I catch it before she leaves or I have the host do it. The hosts never have had a problem doing that for me and their friends won't have anything to say to them about it - usually. I've never really had a problem that one of these things didn't fix.

this is part of host coaching. All outside orders are either paid by CC/DC or checks made TO THE HOST.

I've hyphanated my name to it and consultant after my name or the host has added my name also.

For each new month, I download a copy of the OOF from Consultant's Corner. I write in the appropriate numbers for taxes in my area.

When I'm making up a Host Packet (which I do only after I get the guest list), I use my label maker to print out the Host's name. I stick this on the order form where it says "make checks payable to" and make copies. I change the label (just cover over) for each different Host.

nicki25 said:
I have never had a problem at the bank. If it is made to PC then I just sign the back and deposit with the other checks and no one has every said anything.

I'm feeling like we are pretty lucky after hearing the problems others are having. I have my account solely for PC and I guessed that is why my bank will take checks made out to PC as all my debits for shows and my commission comes to that account. Or it could be that "small town thing" as our bank is locally owned and not a big corprate company.

Some banks will not take the check if you've modified it by adding your name, since it's not in the same handwriting as the account holder. It's fraud to do that, too.

I have been a banker for almost 20 yrs and Anne's right-that is fraud to alter a check. Having said that.....I wouldn't have a problem depositing a check made out to PC instead of the counsultant for a known customer. Get to know your friendly bank tellers and their supervisors and they will take care of you!:chef:

1) If they come at the party - simply hand them back to the host. And tell her why.
2) If they are mailed to you. Call the host immediately and tell her you can not close her party because the checks were made out wrong and ask if she can use a credit card to close the party then collect the checks from her guests.
As long as you have told her several times, all checks need to be made to out you, she can not argue it.

I got this from another cheffer, but below the writing I put in RED pen,

Make checks payable to: ___MY NAME______

and now i don't get this problem anymore

Attachments

• host post-it.jpg
    host post-it.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 371
Thank you guys! I'll keep trying! Maybe I'm just not being convincing enough, and or they are just airheaded host LOL!

My bank has never had an issue if someone makes it out to PC. Of course that may be due to the fact they see all the credits and debits coming from PC and know it's a home based business. They probably have seen it happen a lot before. Plus with other checks that have Pampered Chef in the memo it just makes sense. It has only happend to me 3 times and one was for over $200 but I have never had an issue with it. But I can't help but wonder if there might be a problem if one was to cash the check instead of deposit it. That I would not know :)

If I get some that say's pampered chef I write "or" and then write name and the bank never says a word or even have a problem with that. They were the ones who suggested to me to do so.

Related to How do I handle checks made out to Pampered Chef instead of my name as the host?

1. How do I use my Pampered Chef product to solve the problem of tough meat?

Our meat tenderizer tool is specifically designed to help tenderize tough cuts of meat. Simply use the textured side to create small holes in the meat, allowing for marinades and seasonings to penetrate deeper for a more tender result.

2. What Pampered Chef product can I use to make meal prep easier?

Our food chopper is the perfect tool for quickly chopping and dicing vegetables, fruits, and herbs. It saves time and effort in the kitchen, making meal prep a breeze.

3. How can I keep my baked goods from sticking to the pan?

Our non-stick baking mats are the ideal solution for preventing sticking and burning on your baking sheets. They are reusable and easy to clean, making baking and clean-up a breeze.

4. What is the best way to clean my Pampered Chef stoneware?

We recommend using our nylon pan scraper to gently remove any food debris from the stoneware. Then, wash with warm water and mild soap. Avoid using metal utensils or harsh cleaners, as they can damage the stoneware's non-stick surface.

5. Can I use my Pampered Chef cookware on an induction cooktop?

Yes, our stainless steel and non-stick cookware collections are compatible with induction cooktops. Look for the induction symbol on the bottom of the cookware to ensure compatibility.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • SVanHout
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
Replies