• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Check Says Pampered Chef Instead of My Name

So now I review the check to ensure that the date is correct, that it's my name, that the two amounts match and that there's a signature. Then I hand the customer their receipt. It saves a lot of hassle later. ;)If it's at a show I ask the guest to cross out PC and write in my name and initial it. If it's an outside order I ask the host to add my name. Usually it's not a problem at the bank - I do most of my deposits at an ATM. But I have been refused and told they can't cash an altered check.
jesusluvsu2005
I am trying to close an order out tonight but one of the checks is written to Pampered Chef instead of me. What should I do? Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

Try to write "or Amanda...." Or, ask your bank, tomorrow. Or see if the host will give you her credit/debit card to pay for it and get reimbursed by the person.

I have crossed out PC and wrote my name in before and the bank has not said anything.

I put a dash and then my name. The bank has never questioned it.

Barb

Depending on the bank, they can refuse to cash it. Heck, I had a bank almost refuse to cash one on which a guest herself had added "or Ann S." after "The Pampered Chef" because the teller misread the Ann as "And" and though there should be 2 signatures on it. You're going to be safest if you can get a new check from the guest.

flemings99 said:
I put a dash and then my name. The bank has never questioned it.

Barb

I do this too...have been for almost 8 years ~ never questioned

Kitchen2u said:

Me too! Did one today in fact!

Kitchen2u said:
My old bank never questioned me b/c they knew me. I knew all the tellers by name. Then I moved and changed banks and last time I did this they gave me a warning that they wouldn't cash it next time.

A good friend of mine used to work in a bank, and she said I should make the deposit using a bank card, not at the drive up windowbut using the bank machine. I have made a few questionable deposits like this and have never been called on it.

DebbieJ said:
My old bank never questioned me b/c they knew me. I knew all the tellers by name. Then I moved and changed banks and last time I did this they gave me a warning that they wouldn't cash it next time.

Me too, never had a problem with that adding my name to it after a dash!

I got a lecture on forgery from a teller once after handing her a check w/ PC Lauri...
Now I make sure to avoid her.

When I opened up a new separate account, my banker made me open it up as a business account and had them name the account my name with PC after it. He said it would help to avoid problems like this. But I guess this isn't really too helpful now since everyone here probably already has their accounts established. :blushing:

When I opened my account, I labeled it with my name (obviously) but then put TPC next to it - that way when I've had a few made out to Pampered Chef, they allow it to go through. And actually, banks aren't supposed to allow checks to go through that have been altered, unless the signer initials next to the alteration, i.e., crossing through or adding to the original "pay to".

Before I started PC, I had someone accidentally post date a check by mistake & had a hard time cashing it. Since starting PC, I had a guest write the check to the host. I just had the host sign the check over to me on the back so that I could cash it.

So now I review the check to ensure that the date is correct, that it's my name, that the two amounts match and that there's a signature. Then I hand the customer their receipt. It saves a lot of hassle later. ;)

If it's at a show I ask the guest to cross out PC and write in my name and initial it. If it's an outside order I ask the host to add my name. Usually it's not a problem at the bank - I do most of my deposits at an ATM. But I have been refused and told they can't cash an altered check.

I now mark all OOF's and show order forms with my name where it says "make checks out to". I never skip that anymore and I have VERY VERY few written to PC anymore. I also SAY that I can't accept checks written to PC to the host in host coaching and also at the show.

My bank said I should just endorse it on the back "The Pampered Chef" and then sign my name under it.

In this situation I always add "or Elizabeth F." if there is room on the front of the check. Then on the back I sign "The Pampered Chef" and then my name. NEVER had a problem cashing them like this, and my bank is usually really picky about stuff. Go figure...

gaddischef said:
My bank said I should just endorse it on the back "The Pampered Chef" and then sign my name under it.

This is what my bank told me as well and haven't had any problems doing it this way.

I have actually processed a check NOT SIGNED! No question from the bank. Everything is processed electronically and I think the only thing that is read is the amount and account number on the check.

What does it mean when my check says "Pampered Chef" instead of my name?

This means that the check is coming from Pampered Chef as your employer, rather than from a specific person or customer.

Why does Pampered Chef use their name on employee paychecks?

Pampered Chef uses their name on employee paychecks for consistency and clarity. This helps prevent confusion and ensures that all employees receive the correct pay.

Can I request to have my name on my paycheck instead of "Pampered Chef"?

No, unfortunately, this is not possible. As an employee of Pampered Chef, all paychecks will come from the company rather than from individual customers.

Do I need to do anything differently when depositing a paycheck from Pampered Chef?

No, you can deposit the check as you would any other paycheck. Just make sure to endorse the check with your signature on the back.

Is there a way to view my paycheck online instead of receiving a physical check?

Yes, you can view your paycheck through the Pampered Chef employee portal. You can also opt to receive direct deposit instead of a physical check.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• WestCoastPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ccmahaffey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • AJPratt