• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Checks Made Out to Pampered Chef ---Uggghhh!

I had a show today and I had to go and get a waiver because I didn't turn in my February sales. I was like, "ugh, I know this is going to be another thing I have to do" and then she tells me that I have to do it again if I submit the show on Saturday.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Well, apparently I have to be CRYSTAL CLEAR and repeat things several times to this host!

I went to a show today, picked up half a dozen orders, most with payment but some without.

She said she told the customers to make the checks out to Pampered Chef. Duh, doesn't EVERY plan tell them to make the checks out to the consultant?

So now I'm going to have to see if they will take a check written out to "Pampered Chef Diane Smith" and if not, call those customers and see if they will give me a debit card number.

Oh, and did I mention that if this show is not submitted Saturday, I will be inactive?

She has more payments she's probably putting in the mail ... so I will probably end up requesting the waiver even though I will be turning in February sales.

UGGGGGHHH!

I've had this happen too, and what I did on my bank account I put TPC after my name and if someone has made it out to Pampered Chef I can still deposit it. I've told the bank (when questioned) that TPC means The Pampered Chef and they let it go through. It may be dependant upon your bank, but it sure works for me!

Hon, I feel for you!
I just love it when the guest ask 'who do I make it out to?' (the check) and when I say Crystal Patton, they look at me like I'm trying to steal from them, even when the check is for under $25 bucks.

Hopefully when you call the host today you can tell her the problem and she can straighten out the other payments that she is supposed to be getting to you, so the same thing doesn't happen. That really stinks, but hopefully having one full week it'll allow you time to reach all the guests and get either a debit card # or a new check mailed to you. I hope it all works out! I have to add with Crystal, too--I hate when people look at me as if I'm going to take their money and run when I say to make it payable to me. I had one host triple check it, then flip it over and write "Deposit Only" on the back--right in front of me! I'm surprised she didn't kiss it first before saying goodbye to it and handing it to me! :D

I had to show the bank my business card, or something that said I was with Pampered Chef and they changed my account to The Pampered Chef with my name. Now I don't have to worry about it at.

I really don't think the banks care who it is made out to anymore. I have had the same thing happen and I just write my name next to Pampered Chef on the check. I have actually had checks go though NOT SIGNED! With the electronic process I think the only thing the bank looks at is the amount and account number.

I feel for you! What I ended up doing is writing my name on every order form under "Make Checks Payable to".

DessertDivaFL said:
I feel for you! What I ended up doing is writing my name on every order form under "Make Checks Payable to".

I do that too but people don't see it and still ask. If they question me I tell them that I have to pay for the order (except if it's paid with a debit/credit card) with a debit card that PC gave me. They get it then.

Be careful when changing checks - some banks consider that "altering" the check and that voids it. Also, many banks have charges for business accounts so it could cost you to put Pampered Chef on your account.

When I catch someone writing it to PC I ask them to add my name. If it's an outside order I contact them and get new payment. I do make it clear with the host and on all outside order forms that I can't take checks made out that way and rarely have a problem.

I have a stamp that says deposit only with my name and account number. You can deposit the check written out to someone else but you can't cash it without their signature. I have some checks right now written out to the hostess and she is an hour away so I am not getting her signature just going to stamp the back of the checks with my stamp. I have done this for 10 years and have not had a bank yet question why the check is made out to someone else and they didn't sign it over to me before I stamped it. Which is pretty scary!

I had a show on Friday and 3 guests out of 6 wrote their check to PC & I even told them to make it out to me. Luckily, I was able to get them to add my name so I could deposit them.

Di_Can_Cook said:
Well, apparently I have to be CRYSTAL CLEAR and repeat things several times to this host!

I went to a show today, picked up half a dozen orders, most with payment but some without.

She said she told the customers to make the checks out to Pampered Chef. Duh, doesn't EVERY plan tell them to make the checks out to the consultant?

So now I'm going to have to see if they will take a check written out to "Pampered Chef Diane Smith" and if not, call those customers and see if they will give me a debit card number.

Oh, and did I mention that if this show is not submitted Saturday, I will be inactive?

She has more payments she's probably putting in the mail ... so I will probably end up requesting the waiver even though I will be turning in February sales.

UGGGGGHHH!

My Princess House consultant had me to write the checks out to the company NOT to her. And I have a repeat customer who is VERY loyal to me and she can never remember to write it to me - no matter how many times I tell her. Go figure!!

To help solve the last issue (possibly going inactive), I always close all my shows over the phone. I have any outside order after the show write a check to the host or get a debit or credit card number. Then I have the host make one big payment over the phone with a debit or credit card number. This helps so that you don't have checks floating in the mail and you are not relying on your host to get them to you on time.

BethCooks4U said:
I do that too but people don't see it and still ask. If they question me I tell them that I have to pay for the order (except if it's paid with a debit/credit card) with a debit card that PC gave me. They get it then.

Be careful when changing checks - some banks consider that "altering" the check and that voids it. Also, many banks have charges for business accounts so it could cost you to put Pampered Chef on your account.

But Pampered Chef is a business for me so shouldn't my account already be a business account?

vonfirmath said:
But Pampered Chef is a business for me so shouldn't my account already be a business account?

But PC isn't your business, you are just an "independent contractor" for PC. Technically you shouldn't have PC on your bank account but some will let you.

Did I mention that the show was 40 minutes away in a snowstorm and it was essentially a book show ... I showed up to collect orders.

I did talk to her about the importance of having future checks made out to me ... she's hosted candle parties before, she should know the drill.

The way I see it, said check is already invalid if I can't deposit it ... I will talk to my bank and let them know. At least I have phone numbers for these customers and can see if they have a debit card I can use instead ....

The biggest order is from the past host ... who is a friend of mine ... that is a blessing ....

I have at least one person from every show do this! I usually just write my name after The Pampered Chef and have never had a problem with it.

I had one made out to PC a while back. I added my name after it and deposited it in the ATM - it went through the bank just fine.

I figured if I used the ATM they couldn't question it. Plus the ATM was a different bank then my credit union!

My director said she writes her name after Pampered Chef and has never had a problem.I am doing that and am going to see if the bank raises an issue. That said, there are still some unpaid orders out there and if they don't give me debit card info, I could be making a trip down there just to collect checks.The waiver is looking more and more like an option ... I've never used one, ever, and won't have that option come April ...

Can they just put them in the mail? It would save you the time and hassle of driving there to get them. It's Tuesday, so you still have time for them to put them in the mail today or tomorrow and get them in time to deposit before you have to submit it by Sat.

pkd09 said:
I really don't think the banks care who it is made out to anymore. I have had the same thing happen and I just write my name next to Pampered Chef on the check. I have actually had checks go though NOT SIGNED! With the electronic process I think the only thing the bank looks at is the amount and account number.

WHile this is a true to a point that the electronic age has missed unsigned checks etc. If the teller depositing does their job however it won't go unnoticed. I work in a bank if you couldn't tell :). Anyway another solution is to write after Pampered Chef or your name. If a check is made out to John and Jane doe both must sign but if it's made out to John or Jane Do either John or Jane can sign and cash or deposit it. That should solve your problem. I had someone write a check to me, who was my asst manager at time in bank written out to PC and she just added or Katie Mckay and it was fine. Hope that helps.

I thought the banks didn't pay attention either- Last night I put a deposit in my account through the ATM (Check was written to my dad and not me) and the bank called me this morning. They wouldn't let me write for deposit only on the back and deposit it. They said they needed his signature. I ended up having to put it in my dad's memorial fund and then writing myself a check to get the money back.

Hopefully everything works out for you Di.

I deposited them (not in the ATM) and it was fine.She said she is going to put 2 checks in the mail tomorrow ... however I am fearing they won't arrive by Friday.If they don't come until Friday I am going to apply for a waiver ... HATE the thought of it, though.

I have alot of checks that say Pamperedchef I just deposit them and it's fine

I asked my bank specifically about it, and they said as long as I put on them deposit only it is not a problem. I bought a deposit only stamp at office max just for this problem.

What is the correct way to make a check out to Pampered Chef?

The correct way to make a check out to Pampered Chef is to write "Pampered Chef" on the "pay to the order of" line. You do not need to include any additional information such as an individual's name.

Why is it important to make checks out to Pampered Chef instead of an individual?

Making checks out to Pampered Chef ensures that the payment is received by the company and not an individual. This helps to prevent any potential issues or delays in processing your payment.

Can I make a check out to Pampered Chef for any amount?

Yes, you can make a check out to Pampered Chef for any amount. However, please make sure the amount is correct and matches the total of your order to avoid any discrepancies.

Do I need to include my order number on the check made out to Pampered Chef?

No, it is not necessary to include your order number on the check. However, if you would like to, you can write it in the memo line for your own reference.

What should I do if I accidentally make the check out to an individual instead of Pampered Chef?

If you accidentally make the check out to an individual, please contact your consultant or Pampered Chef customer service for assistance. They will provide you with instructions on how to correct the payment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sk8rgrrl99
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
DebtheCook
  • Deblyn
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
raebates
  • barbara_anne