• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Find Trade Shows, Etc. for Booths?

In summary, the conversation discusses different methods for finding trade shows and events to rent a booth and the importance of having a sales tax license for vendors. Participants suggest using Google, websites like Craftlister, and local resources like newspapers, radio stations, and the Chamber of Commerce. There is also a discussion about non-juried crafts and the process for obtaining a sales tax license through Pampered Chef. Overall, the conversation provides useful tips for those looking to participate in trade shows and events.
kjledford
Hi There!

How do I begin looking for different trade shows, etc, in my area so I can try renting a booth? I'm now sure where to start - what terms to search for...

Thanks!

Kristina

Good question! I participated in a "how to run a booth" tele-class with my cluster a couple of nights ago, and that's one question I didn't think to ask!

You could google "trade shows" and the name of your city or county

Thank you, dannyzmom! I google EVERYTHING and for some reason, THIS time never even thought of it. Oops!And Debbie, I found a couple of good ones to look into through there - THANKS!

I googled Bridal Expos and found some great leads.

Craftlister is very good. Also your local newspaper. I always look under Boutiques / craft sales. The smaller local free papers we have arround here seem to be the best. Also Call your local Chamber of Comerce. See if your town has a "Women Of Today" group. They do alot of craftshow/fundraisers. Call your local churches and all civic organizations (Lions, VFW, Moose club) lots of these do fall festivals.

In my experience if you want to find these events bad enough you will!

HTH

Sales tax license?I was looking up a few fairs at craftlister and noticed that some say "vendors must have a state sales tax license." Anyone know if this is something PC provides?

Non-Juried CraftsOk, I was looking at some of the craft show's too and what does "Non-Juried Crafts" mean? anyone?:rolleyes:

Trade ShowsI don't know if pampered chef has a license or not. But I have my own which I got from the state and it didn't cost me anything.
Be aware that if you don't have one they may not let you in that show. I've been doing these type of shows for over 11 years.
If you don't have one and the tax guy comes to check and they do they will give you a number to get one and believe me once they have your name they will be checking on you if they see you at a show. We had someone next to us at a show who was retired and didn't do it and they lost almost everything they had. :)

Go to the website of your local radio stations - lots of times they have trade shows & expos listed. Also your local newspaper - they usually sponsor expos in your area. Call you chamber of commerce too. I have all of those bookmarked and check them weekly.

Thanks for the craftlister website - thats awesome!

Last edited:
mary k said:
I don't know if pampered chef has a license or not. But I have my own which I got from the state and it didn't cost me anything.
Be aware that if you don't have one they may not let you in that show. I've been doing these type of shows for over 11 years.
If you don't have one and the tax guy comes to check and they do they will give you a number to get one and believe me once they have your name they will be checking on you if they see you at a show. We had someone next to us at a show who was retired and didn't do it and they lost almost everything they had. :)

I didn't get a tax liscense & did a craft show last fall. A few months later I got a letter from the state asking if I'd sold things, the amount, & to pay in if I did. Or there was a box to mark if it was just an informational booth; which I marked. I only took a few orders, & the tax was collected & sent to PC.

I have done many types of Shows. All sizes I have never gotten my own Tax liscense. It is taken care of thru PC. I have never gotten anything from the state.....
Some of the larger more professional shows will ask you right on the Application if you are a direct sales co. Or just write it in. I always include a copy of the Insurance info form PC puts in the Con. News in the summer. That will take care of alot of issues as well.

Jurried shows are more for crafters. They have to send in samples or pictures of their crafts to see if they are nice enough to be included. Many larger "high end" shows do this so it doesn't look like the same old church bazzar stuff.

Last edited:
etteluap70PC said:
I have done many types of Shows. All sizes I have never gotten my own Tax liscense. It is taken care of thru PC. I have never gotten anything from the state.....
Some of the larger more professional shows will ask you right on the Application if you are a direct sales co. Or just write it in. I always include a copy of the Insurance info form PC puts in the Con. News in the summer. That will take care of alot of issues as well.

Jurried shows are more for crafters. They have to send in samples or pictures of their crafts to see if they are nice enough to be included. Many larger "high end" shows do this so it doesn't look like the same old church bazzar stuff.

I just called someone and they asked what I will be selling and she was nasty to me "only crafts that are hand made" not kitchen stuff. Oh Well!:p

Thank You!!!!

Letscook04: You'll find that every now and then, but for the most part people are happy to have the vendor. I went to a flea market last weekend where there were nice craft tables, professional things, and there were the "cleaned out my basement, sorry it stinks" vendors.

letscook04 said:
I just called someone and they asked what I will be selling and she was nasty to me "only crafts that are hand made" not kitchen stuff. Oh Well!:p

Thank You!!!!

Most craft artists do not want to compete with Buy and Resell that is why they have those restrictions. They are worried about competing with the cheap made in Taiwan products. When looking for shows ask if they accept direct sales companies or in their terms "buy and re-sell" products. We do not really fit this category but it is the closest to what we are.

In addition to what had been suggested, try your local chamber of commerce and any business associations you might have in your area. These types of organizations usually promote shows to let the community know what type of business's are out there.

Good Luck!
Lori

Thank you all for the suggestions... I'm actually meeting with a local business group Wednesday morning and am quite terrified! I don't even have my starter kit yet! :eek:

YOU'LL BE FINE! Your enthusiasm is contageous!

I look in the local newspaper under Bazzars and I have landed a great lead for Home Improvement Shows. Thye have welcomed Me as their permanant PC Consultant as they really love my booth. I get a ton of leads and shows and recruit a few here and there. I find them rewarding but you have to pull them in with a drawing of some sort and have a nice display of cookware, stoneware and I kill them with the Wedding Registry and kindness and do not forget Simple Additions and the New Fall products they are to Scream for!!!

carrdinal said:
I look in the local newspaper under Bazzars and I have landed a great lead for Home Improvement Shows. Thye have welcomed Me as their permanant PC Consultant as they really love my booth. I get a ton of leads and shows and recruit a few here and there. I find them rewarding but you have to pull them in with a drawing of some sort and have a nice display of cookware, stoneware and I kill them with the Wedding Registry and kindness and do not forget Simple Additions and the New Fall products they are to Scream for!!!
If you set out to succeed then you WILL!

Related to How Do I Find Trade Shows, Etc. for Booths?

1. How do I find trade shows or events to participate in for my Pampered Chef booth?

One way to find trade shows and events is to research industry-specific trade associations and organizations. These organizations often hold annual conferences and trade shows where you can showcase your products. Additionally, you can search for local or regional events through online event directories or by connecting with local business networks.

2. What are some popular trade shows or events that Pampered Chef participates in?

Pampered Chef regularly participates in large national trade shows such as the International Home and Housewares Show and the National Restaurant Association Show. They also attend smaller regional events and fairs that cater to specific industries or demographics.

3. How far in advance should I start planning for a trade show or event?

It is recommended to start planning at least 6 months in advance for larger trade shows and events. This will give you enough time to secure a booth, plan your display and marketing materials, and make any necessary travel arrangements. For smaller events, a few months of planning may be sufficient.

4. How can I make my Pampered Chef booth stand out at a trade show or event?

To make your booth stand out, you can have interactive demonstrations of your products, offer samples or giveaways, and have eye-catching displays and signage. You can also create a welcoming and inviting atmosphere by having friendly and knowledgeable staff members at your booth.

5. How can I measure the success of my booth at a trade show or event?

One way to measure the success of your booth is by tracking the number of leads or sales generated from the event. You can also collect feedback from attendees through surveys or social media. Additionally, networking and making connections with other vendors and industry professionals can also be a measure of success for future collaborations and partnerships.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• richardson3
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • zmkelly1
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
zmkelly1
  • richardson3