• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I create a perfect bow like the ones on marthastewart.com?

In summary, the flowers in the Trifle bowls at conference and in the new catalog inspired the author to create a fall themed arrangement. The arrangement is worth carting around to shows.
mhrivera
I was really inspired by the flowers in the Trifle bowls at conference and in our new catalog. I decided to make a fall themed one to take to my shows in the next couple of months. Do you think it will be worth carting it around?

Thanks!

Attachments

• P1030151.JPG
    P1030151.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 699
mhrivera said:
I was really inspired by the flowers in the Trifle bowls at conference and in our new catalog. I decided to make a fall themed one to take to my shows in the next couple of months. Do you think it will be worth carting it around?

Thanks!

I think that you did a great job. That looks beautiful.

Very nice! :)

I think it looks great. I wonder how many Trifle Bowls you will sell with that arrangement? Might help get you some bookings for December.

That looks great, and the picture even looks good, almost professional. If you don't want to cart it around, you could print a really good copy of that picutre.

That does look beautiful!! .....I might have to stop at the $ store today to pick up some fall flowers to attempt to match yours! (I don't have a lot of autumn decorations, this would be perfect!)

Thanks for all the nice comments! I'm not too good with flowers, but I like how this turned out. I did get the flowers at the $1 store, and I bought the flower styrofoam and ribbon at Michaels. I had the raffia on hand, so it only cost about $10 to do. I'll also take it to display at a fair I am doing early Oct. Thanks again for the encouragement!

jenniferknapp said:
That does look beautiful!! .....I might have to stop at the $ store today to pick up some fall flowers to attempt to match yours! (I don't have a lot of autumn decorations, this would be perfect!)

Good thinking!!! Love it!

....Now to figure out how the heck you tie a beautiful bow like that! I always have my mom tie bows....but she lives over an hour away :(

My trick is to make the loops separate, and then tie them together. I don't know if that makes any sense without seeing it, but you can search for bows on marthastewart.com for pictures.

http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.3a0656639de62ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=401ed0f19132f010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&autonomy_kw=bows&rsc=ns2006_m1

Martha's Favorite Bow How-To
1. Shape two evenly sized loops, one in each side of the ribbon.
2. Cross right loop over left one.
3. Knot loops by threading right loop behind left one, under, and up through the hole; make sure ribbon is not twisted or bunched.
4. Pull loops into a smooth knot. Adjust loops; trim tails to be slightly longer than loops.

I'll have to practice! Thanks :)

Super cute! For my open house, I had put christmas tree ornaments (the bulb kind) in mine and sold 2 bowls. I may have to go to Hobby Lobby this weekend and experiment. Wonder if I can convince my DH that I need two triffle bowls (one for decoration and one for food). ;)

Looks great to me! I would love to do the one in the book!

And Leigh, I did get two for that reason!! I put food in one and then I keep fake fruit in the other one. I got one at 60% off and I think I got the other half price from samples.

Yeah, I got mine free from hosting 2 shows in December (or whatever incentive we had). Hmmmm.....maybe i can use one of my hosts' half price items when they don't use up all of them. lol - my DH would kill me, as our kitchen is bursting at the seems. ;)

Well you can always use the 2nd one as a drink one (when it isn't a decoration!) ....that way you have a margarita (glass/tub) or punch bowl, and food in the 2nd one!

Looks fabulous! It may be easier just to bring a photo of the arrangement rather than hauling it to all your shows.

That looks beautiful!

I know what the flower foam is....did you do something (other than the ribbon) to hide it...or can you see it through the bowl? I can't tell from the picture....

I would like to do something like this...it is super! I think that a picture of it is nice, but I really think if people were able to see it IN PERSON you would sell a lot more bowls and get more bookings from those who want to get it!

I would even think about taking it out of the bowl for a "quick assembly" to show them how easy it is.....because something like that is something that I would say "yeah, martha stewart can do that!" but the fact that you did it yourself, and if you show them how easy.....

I think I am going to bring the whole thing to my show tonight and Saturday, and see the response. I wrapped raffia around the flower foam to hide it, and give it that fall flair. I could pull it out and show everybody what's inside, but I am not graceful enough to put it all back in the bowl quickly and still have it look nice. There is no glue or anything. I could always suggest that people buy an arrangment already in a pot, and just put the whole pot inside. Why didn't I think of that earlier...

Beautiful, great bouquet!

Looks Wonderful!!

That is gorgeous! :thumbup:

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone else happen to have pics of alternative uses for their Trifle Bowl? I thought about making up some sort of flyer for December since it's a special. TIA!

I don't have a picture of mine, but I put rocks in the bottom and put fresh seasonal flowers in it for each of my shows.

mhrivera said:
My trick is to make the loops separate, and then tie them together.

That's how my mom does it! I always wondered how she made such beautiful bows; then I "caught" her one day! :p Your arrangement looks great! :thumbup:

That is a beautiful arrangement good job!!

Very pretty!

Melissa,
I borrowed your idea and attempted an arrangement myself! I also included the top shelf of my baker's rack in the photo, I love the way it is set up with all PC stuff!!http://www.jlknapp.com/pamperedchef/trifle.jpg

Jennifer - It looks great! I have been wanting the rectangle woven piece for a while, for things just like that! So far I haven't sold any additional trifle bowls, but I do have 2 bookings for December! Good luck!

I absolutely love it ;) I was also thinking of making some kind of centerpiece with it because it is so beautiful when dressed up! I think you did an awesome job, it looks professional!

mhrivera said:
My trick is to make the loops separate, and then tie them together. I don't know if that makes any sense without seeing it, but you can search for bows on marthastewart.com for pictures.

http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.3a0656639de62ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=401ed0f19132f010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&autonomy_kw=bows&rsc=ns2006_m1

Martha's Favorite Bow How-To
1. Shape two evenly sized loops, one in each side of the ribbon.
2. Cross right loop over left one.
3. Knot loops by threading right loop behind left one, under, and up through the hole; make sure ribbon is not twisted or bunched.
4. Pull loops into a smooth knot. Adjust loops; trim tails to be slightly longer than loops.

Thank you so much for posting that! I have been wondering for the longest time how those bows look so perfect!

Related to How do I create a perfect bow like the ones on marthastewart.com?

1. What is a trifle bowl flower arrangement?

A trifle bowl flower arrangement is a type of floral centerpiece that is created using flowers, greenery, and other decorative elements arranged in a trifle bowl. The bowl is typically clear and has a wide, shallow shape, making it the perfect vessel for showcasing beautiful flowers.

2. What inspired you to make a fall themed trifle bowl flower arrangement?

I was inspired by the flowers I saw in trifle bowls at a conference and in our new catalog. The colors and textures of the fall flowers and foliage were so beautiful and I wanted to create my own arrangement to showcase them in a unique way.

3. Is it worth the effort to cart a trifle bowl flower arrangement around to shows?

It ultimately depends on the size and weight of your arrangement and how far you will be traveling. If it is manageable and you have a way to safely transport it, then it could definitely be worth it. A trifle bowl arrangement is a visually stunning and eye-catching centerpiece that can help draw attention to your booth or display.

4. How do you create a trifle bowl flower arrangement?

To create a trifle bowl flower arrangement, start by choosing a selection of flowers and greenery in complementary colors and textures. Cut the stems to the desired length and arrange them in the trifle bowl, starting with the tallest flowers in the center and working your way outwards. Fill in any gaps with smaller flowers or foliage. You can also add decorative elements like berries or branches for added interest.

5. Can I use any type of flowers in a trifle bowl arrangement?

Yes, you can use a variety of flowers in a trifle bowl arrangement. However, it is important to choose flowers that are sturdy and can withstand being out of water for an extended period of time. Some good options for trifle bowl arrangements include roses, sunflowers, dahlias, and chrysanthemums.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • cactus_flower
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies