• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Did I Achieve My First $1,000 Show?

In summary, Jason had his first $1,000 show last night with a total of $1,114 in sales. Despite not getting any bookings or selling any HWC items, the show was a success with lots of laughter and jokes. Other consultants chimed in with their experiences of not getting bookings from big shows. Jason's host was very supportive and even helped sell more products by telling everyone to host a show. One customer even bought both the 5 and 7 piece Executive Set. Jason's secret to this success was the host turning to the guest and expressing interest in the products, leading the guest to purchase them at full price. Overall, everyone congratulated Jason on his great start to the month.
jasonmva
Silver Member
FINALLY!!!!! I had my first $1,000 show last night (currently at $1,114 and growing...she has quite a few more outside orders). The show was a hoot...I don't think I ever cracked so many jokes and make people laugh at a show like that. Unfortunately there were no bookings from it and no HWC items were sold (yet) but we will see.

:D :D :D WOO HOOO!!!!:D :D Great job!! I am so happy for you!!

Way to go, Jason!

I hear ya on the bookings--happens at my big shows, too--but I can't believe no one bought HWC stuff! Maybe they don't like pink. *shrug*

Great Job Jason!! That's fantastic!!!

I'm happy for you. Love those fun shows.

Congratulations!!!!!! Great Job!

I seem to always have the problem with no one booking from my larger shows too so dont feel bad.

I think sometimes with bigger shows, you REALLY need the hosts help there. I had a bigger show and the host literally told everyone twice "I want the Ultimate Mandoline & Carafe and wouldn't mind more stones. So who is booking in March & April?". Two people left with host packets (Feb & March) and my host called later that a friend wanted to do a show and she informed her it would be in April. It doesn't always work, but it was amazing b/c the two at the show came up with their orders and told ME that they wanted to do a show. I didn't have to ask!

I always make sure to mention that they can book a catalog show too -- and talk up the host bonus items. In April I got three catalog shows from people who otherwise wouldn't have hosted because they wanted the trifle bowl or carafe... they weren't huge shows (in the $200-300 range) but they got the host what they wanted and I rebooked future catalog shows with two and a cooking show with the third for later this summer (easy once they saw how easy it was to do

Jason, that's FABULOUS!!! Go you!

Way to go Jason! Congrats!

Definitely talk up catalog shows. People think that they HAVE to do a home show and if you have 3 smaller catalog shows, you make the same as a good home show! I do that too and tell them if they want a host special, just collect $150 in orders. It's amazing how many times they end up being $600-$1000 shows!! Oh and great job, Jason. $1000 shows are so exciting! I've only just started having more of them and I swear I do a little dance each time. People don't part with money easily in my area, but outside orders can make a HUGE difference!

My host was cracking me up...she kept telling EVERYBODY they should have a show. There were some PC veteran customers there who already have almost everything but still ended up buying something. What helped make this show huge is I had a customer by BOTH the 5 & 7 pc Executive Set. You should have seen my eyes pop out of my head when she told me to add it to her already exisiting order.

Jealous. Very jealous. But, I'm also incredibly happy for you.

Jason that is awesome! Isn't it shows like those that make all the other frustrations worth it?!?! CONGRATS!!! :)

jasonmva said:
My host was cracking me up...she kept telling EVERYBODY they should have a show. There were some PC veteran customers there who already have almost everything but still ended up buying something. What helped make this show huge is I had a customer by BOTH the 5 & 7 pc Executive Set. You should have seen my eyes pop out of my head when she told me to add it to her already exisiting order.

:eek: :eek: Were you wearing your pink thong backwards again?!?!? How did you manage to sell BOTH sets to one person FULL PRICE?!?!?

I am sooooo jealous - BUT soooo happy for you!!:D :D :D

amy07 said:
:eek: :eek: Were you wearing your pink thong backwards again?!?!? How did you manage to sell BOTH sets to one person FULL PRICE?!?!?

I am sooooo jealous - BUT soooo happy for you!!:D :D :D

Here is my secret...the guest was originally talking to the host trying to work out a deal with her so the guest could pay for the half price combo of the pan set....BUT the host turned to her and said "Wow I didn't even see those and I need some new pots too!" So the guest said ok and bought them outright for herself

too cool Jason. That is an awesome start to the month!!

amy07 said:
too cool Jason. That is an awesome start to the month!!

and maybe the end of it too. My other May show needed to postpone. Guess I will try making some calls.

jasonmva said:
and maybe the end of it too. My other May show needed to postpone. Guess I will try making some calls.

Well, on the positive side, if your host reschedules for June or July it will help with the sell-a-thon!!:)

But I hear ya, things are SUPER slow for me too - and my phone phobia is picking up. But I have been trying..........

Whoooo-hoooo for you! You'll love your paycheck!

Way to go Jason.. keep it up... I hope I can follow in your footsteps this weekend at my FIRST show

ChltNCRenee said:
Way to go Jason.. keep it up... I hope I can follow in your footsteps this weekend at my FIRST show

Best wishes on your first show! Be sure to let us know how it goes.

Congratulations, Jason!!!!!!! So very happy for you!!!!!!!!

ChltNCRenee said:

Just relax, have fun and feel out your crowd. If you make a mistake, make a joke out of it....tell them you are not perfect but you are pampered. You will be fine.

Wait...did I just hijack my own thread?!? :D

Congrats! You are going to feel really good when your commjission check comes in....cha-ching$$$$$!!

Holy cow!!!!I am still getting orders for this party. I think (unofficial totals) I am now currently at $1,200! $50 more and 24% commission here I come.

Woo hoo! That's great.

jasonmva said:
I am still getting orders for this party. I think (unofficial totals) I am now currently at $1,200! $50 more and 24% commission here I come.

Awesome!!:D :D

Hey Jason - that is great. Those shows 1K+ shows really feel good - don't they.

Good for you, Jason. Once you get that first $1K show under your belt, they keep coming. Maybe not every month, but you will have them. I use my $1K hosts as examples to my other hosts on how to have a great show. I'll ask my $1K hosts how they invited, followed-up, etc., and pass on those tips.

Great job...keep it up!

Related to How Did I Achieve My First $1,000 Show?

1. How can I increase my chances of having a successful $1,000 show?

In order to have a successful $1,000 show, it is important to focus on building relationships with your guests and creating a fun and engaging atmosphere. This can be achieved through using humor, offering interactive demonstrations, and providing personalized customer service. Additionally, promoting the show through social media and reaching out to potential customers can also help increase attendance and sales.

2. What are some effective ways to drive outside orders after a show?

One effective way to drive outside orders after a show is to offer a discount or special promotion for guests who refer their friends and family to place orders. You can also encourage guests to host their own parties and offer incentives for bookings made at the show. Another strategy is to follow up with guests after the show and remind them of any limited-time offers or new products available.

3. How important is it to sell HWC items at a show?

Selling HWC (Hostess With the Mostess) items at a show can greatly impact your sales and overall success. These items are typically higher-priced and can significantly increase your average order total. It is important to promote these items and explain their benefits to your guests, and offer incentives for those who choose to purchase them.

4. What are some ways to encourage bookings at a show?

To encourage bookings at a show, it is important to emphasize the benefits and rewards of hosting a party. This can include free products, discounts, and the opportunity to try out new products. You can also offer a special promotion for guests who book a party at the show, such as a free gift or additional discount.

5. What should I do if I don't get any bookings from a $1,000 show?

If you don't get any bookings from a $1,000 show, don't be discouraged. It is important to continue following up with guests and offering them incentives to host their own parties. You can also reach out to potential customers who were unable to attend the show and offer them a personal demonstration or special promotion. Additionally, continue to focus on building relationships with your guests and providing exceptional customer service to increase the likelihood of future bookings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jane the PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef