• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Conquering My Fear: How I Spoke at the Executive Banquet and Achieved My Dream

I think my husband had a good time but was disappointed that he had to walk forever just to find a bathroom outside of general session. They had guards right in front of the men's room and wouldn't let men even go in to use it for a moment. Needless to say he was NOT happy!He did huh? HMMM. Well, wasn't thinking too much of Chef Success then so it didn't register. Oh Well.
smspamperedchef
Silver Member
Oh my goodness! I so wanted to mention this before but actually kept a secret. Not that anyone asked me to but if I spilled it would have made me more nervous.

Carol Radu called me up personally and asked me if I would speak at the Executive Banquet! I so wanted to tell her "NO"! but I did not. She was asking a few different people to speak about their dreams and how they achieved them. Mine was achieving Directorship. She asked me to speak about Why I wanted to be a Director, What motivated me? What action steps I took to achieve it and how did it feel to finally reach my goal? Plus I had to do it in 3 minutes!!! Speaking in front of people at my shows is easy but getting up in front of my pears (even at a sales meeting) is nerve racking. There were about 170 people in attendance and believe it went well. If you were one of the ones that attended Carol's banquet I do hope you got something out of it and the few others that spoke as well! Just wanted to share! It was an exciting and frightening experience but I'm glad I did it!

Congrats!! How exciting! Good for you for getting over your fear and doing this. What an experience!

I don't know if I actually GOT OVER MY FEAR! but it was pretty neat (once I was done) :)

That's awesome! What a neat honor!:)

How exciting Sharon!

How Awesome Sharon!

What an honor! Especially from a NED!!!

Kudos to yudos!!

Wow! I am proud of you for doing it even though you were scared!

Isn't it funny how it is so much HARDER to do something like that in front of our peers?!?

PampMomof3 said:
How Awesome Sharon!

What an honor! Especially from a NED!!!
Hey! I looked for you but never found ya! I suppose I should have brought my phone # list or something. Would have been great to meet up.

I was there and you were great!!!!!

I read somewhere that public speaking is one of life's greatest fears.

Congratulatios on meking a good choice that was successfull!:)

dannyzmom said:
I was there and you were great!!!!!
I would have so liked to meet you!!!

Sharon, you didn't look one bit nervous so do not worry about that. Did your husband enjoy conference? It is funny that you did not meet Carolyn since she stood right in front of your table when Carol announced the top ten in sales.

Congratulations Carolyn!!!! You are our Yoda here at Chef Success--LOL!

MGG said:
Sharon, you didn't look one bit nervous so do not worry about that. Did your husband enjoy conference? It is funny that you did not meet Carolyn since she stood right in front of your table when Carol announced the top ten in sales.

I'm your Yoda - LOLOL
You crack me up!! :)

MGG said:

She did huh? HMMM. Well, wasn't thinking too much of Chef Success then so it didn't register. Oh Well.
I think my husband had a good time but was disappointed that he had to walk forever just to find a bathroom outside of general session. They had guards right in front of the men's room and wouldn't let men even go in to use it for a moment. Needless to say he was NOT happy!

1. What are some tips for overcoming nerves before giving a speech?

One way to calm your nerves before giving a speech is to practice, practice, practice. This will help you feel more confident and prepared. Also, try some relaxation techniques such as deep breathing or visualization. Remember to focus on your message and the audience, rather than your nerves.

2. How do I know what to include in my speech?

Start by identifying your main message or purpose for the speech. Then, create an outline with key points and supporting details. Make sure to also consider your audience and what information will be most relevant and interesting to them.

3. Should I use visual aids in my speech?

Visual aids can be a helpful tool in engaging your audience and reinforcing your message. However, they should not be relied on too heavily and should always support and enhance your speech rather than distract from it. Make sure any visual aids used are clear and easy to understand.

4. How can I keep my audience engaged during my speech?

One way to keep your audience engaged is to use storytelling or real-life examples to illustrate your points. Also, try to involve the audience by asking questions or encouraging participation. Varying your tone and pace, and using humor can also help keep your audience interested.

5. What should I do if I make a mistake during my speech?

Mistakes happen, and it's important to stay calm and composed if you make one during your speech. If possible, acknowledge the mistake and move on. You can also use humor to diffuse the situation. Remember to stay focused on your message and continue with the speech as planned.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• StacieB
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
StacieB
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
raebates