• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Cost-Effective is Mass Mailing Mini Catalogs?

The success rate with people ordering varies depending on the product. For some, like the jewelry, the success rate is pretty high. For others, like the candles, the success rate is lower. Overall, the success rate is about 50%.
heat123
Silver Member
Has anyone done this and how much does it cost (39c stamp or postcard price)? Do you get a discount to mail in bulk?

thanks in advance!

I don't believe that you get a discount. I've always paid the regular post stamp fee of $.39 per mini.

If anyone does get a discount, please let us know. I do believe that pamperedbecky knows a way but her whole cluster pays the bulk mailing fee. She can give more information on this topic!;)

Hi, Heather:

The cost for mailing the mini catalog is $.39. Make sure to tape the booklet closed on the edge (no staples). I don't know what the cost would be for bulk, but you might need a license for that (check with the PO). My final word of advice is don't send out more catalogs than you can follow up with, or you will be wasting your money in most cases.

Good luck!

Mary

Good advice! I am going to mail mini's to everyone on my contact list that doesn't attend my Fall Sneak Peek so that all my customers see the new products and hopefully want to book!

That's exactly what I wanted to do. Send to those who did not attend my Preview show, then follow up to see if they wanted to order anything or book a show!

I would mail them 10-15 at a time so you can follow up with them in a timely manner. Like a previous poster said, if you don't follow up, you've wasted all that time and money in sending them out.

I agree...don't send ANY out if you won't follow up with the recipients!! I've way scaled back on what I've sent out in previous years because I was fooling myself thinking I'd follow up with all those people.

As for bulk mailing.....I go in with some other directors and purchase a bulk mail permit. It's good for a year I believe. There's a cost to it (I'm not sure what because another director takes care of the actual purchse of it), but the discount on postage is huge. Usually it's what $1.25-$1.40 to send a catalog in an envelope with a flyer or note or two, right? When we've done this in the past, it ends up being about the cost of a regular letter! It's huge. There are rules though. There have to be AT LEAST 200 of the same exact item being mailed. That's why it's helpful when multiple clusters get together. WE've done both the big catalogs and the mini catalogs, as long as there are at least 200 of each. Another stipulation is that every item has to be identical (in each category...big catalog or mini catalog), including flyers that are inserted. The ONLY thing that can be different is your contact information on the flyer and catalog, as well as the return address. You're not even allowed to write a little personal note on a particular person's flyer. I don't know how they'd check, but you get your permit revoked if you don't follow the rules. Everything is dropped off at the PO all at once and everything has to be filed in zip code order.

hope this all makes sense! It's definitely a huge difference in postage if you can get enough people involved. Since it's for a year, you'd cover two catalog introductions if you time it right. Good luck! :D

DebbieJ said:
I would mail them 10-15 at a time so you can follow up with them in a timely manner. Like a previous poster said, if you don't follow up, you've wasted all that time and money in sending them out.

Okay, for those of you who are suggesting to follow up (Great Idea!), how long do you wait from your mail date to call them? I don't want to call to early or too late:rolleyes:

rayday said:
Okay, for those of you who are suggesting to follow up (Great Idea!), how long do you wait from your mail date to call them? I don't want to call to early or too late:rolleyes:
If you're sending out a big batch, send one to yourself or a close friend so you'll know when it arrives. If they're all pretty close by to you, then you'll know they will all have been received around the same time. Then call within a day or two.:)

After mailing them out...What has been your success rate with people ordering?

1. How can I request a mass mailing of mini catalogs?

To request a mass mailing of mini catalogs, you can contact your Pampered Chef consultant or reach out to our customer service team. They will be able to assist you in placing an order for the desired quantity of mini catalogs.

2. Is there a minimum number of mini catalogs that I have to order for a mass mailing?

Yes, there is a minimum order quantity of 50 mini catalogs for a mass mailing. This ensures that the mailing is cost-effective and reaches a wide audience. However, you can always request more than 50 if needed.

3. Can I customize the mini catalogs for my mass mailing?

Yes, you can customize the front cover of the mini catalogs with your contact information and a personalized message. This will help recipients to easily get in touch with you and also make the mailing more personal.

4. How long does it take for the mini catalogs to be delivered for a mass mailing?

The delivery time for mini catalogs for a mass mailing may vary depending on your location and the quantity ordered. It typically takes 7-10 business days for the mini catalogs to be printed and shipped out, and then an additional 3-5 business days for delivery.

5. Can I track the delivery of my mass mailing mini catalogs?

Yes, you can track the delivery of your mini catalogs by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant or our customer service team. They will be able to provide you with a tracking number and information on the status of your delivery.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cookingpcmom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Cookingpcmom
  • tashayoung
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Melissa78