• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Organize a Pampered Chef Fundraiser for Help Whip Cancer?

In summary, the office worker is considering how to fundraise for her team for Relay For Life. She has heard that donating all of one's commission is a good idea, but she's not sure how to go about doing this. She has also heard that doing a show or having the team collect orders is an option. She is looking for advice on how to choose between these two options.
SMOORE
I work at a high school in the office. Our school nurse loves Pampered Chef and is involved with Relay For Life. She has said that her team would be interested in doing a PC fundraiser. I could really use some advice as to how to do this because unfortunately I have never done a fundraiser before! I would donate all of my commission. I am very excited to do this but don't even know where to start. Do I do a show or have them collect there own orders? I am just not sure how it works.:confused:

Thanks for any suggestions!
Susan Moore
Living "The American Dream" through Pampered Chef

Susan - the one tip is not to donate all of your commission because you will be putting money into this. Catalogs and order forms take money. I suggest that you stay with what HO has until they get to $1000. Then add another 5% and at $5000 add another 5% and so on. Make sure you cover your expenses!!!

Have them do it just like a catalog show. Give a few catties and outside order forms to each team member and have them collect orders. They usually have team meetings and stuff. You can have a kick off meeting with them where you bring a recipe or do a short demo and then another closing meeting to collect all orders and money.

Good luck!! I'm working on Relay leads right now myself!

I am doing a HWC-Relay for Life fundraiser show too. It should be BIG. It will be my first one of this size. It will be for a team at a local hospital. I am looking for a flyer if any of you have gotten this far.

I have a question...
I'm the team leader for my Relay for Life team. If I do a fundraiser with HWC in May. How does that work? How does my team get credit for the fundraiser? Probably a silly question, I'm just not familiar with fundraisers but would love to do this help raise money for my team this year. Thanks!!

You'll need to do a fundraiser with your team as the organization. It won't count as an HWC fundraiser (those have to go straight to the ACS fromHO). But by doing it in May, people will be able to get the pink products.

You'll receive a check from HO for the benefit amount around the same time that the products ship.

Thanks Ann!
So it will just be the 10-15% like a regular fundraiser?

That's right. Pass out catalogs and order forms to everyone on the team, and encourage them each to collect a certain number of orders. Do they have a particular goal in mind? That can help when you are setting goals for each memeber to collect $xx in orders, and then you can break that down into approximate number of orders.

I have a fundraiser that I'm about to do and instead of donating my commission, I'm going to add things on to people's orders when they get to certain levels...I had this set up for last fall, so I'm going to have to update it, but here's what I have if you want to get the basic idea...(clearly I won't be putting MY cost on there...) I figure I will give them the smaller prizes from the supply/order, and the others, I will just add on to their order. That way, I add to the fundraiser total, and my commission rate as well.

Attachments

• PL Fundraiser.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 456
Another way to submit a fundraiser would be to have a show, donate your 20% and take it as a write off. I time it when my commission check will be in (8th or 22nd) to give each Host the their check. It can be for a Relay, from a specific person or anyone other fundraiser!

You'll process it as a Cooking Show. Treat it the same as the regular show. Gather the Outside Orders, use one of the handy special HWC pre-orders forms that we've seen here to gather more Orders. You can do a pre-fundraiser type show, before your deadline to give everyone a heads up and some tips to use the catalog and the order forms.

I usually either draw for a Mystery Host OR I'm the Host myself. That way I take the FREE products and get items I want &/or prizes I need for my monthly BINGO. It's a WIN WIN situation!

What is the "Help Whip Cancer Fundraiser"?

The "Help Whip Cancer Fundraiser" is a national campaign by Pampered Chef that aims to raise funds for cancer research, education, and support. It is held annually during the month of October, which is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

How does the "Help Whip Cancer Fundraiser" work?

During the month of October, Pampered Chef donates a portion of the sales from designated "pink" products to the American Cancer Society. Customers can also choose to round up their orders or make a direct donation at checkout to contribute to the fundraiser.

Can I host a "Help Whip Cancer Fundraiser" party?

Absolutely! As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can host a party during the month of October and donate a portion of your sales to the campaign. Your guests can also choose to make a direct donation at the party. Contact your consultant or visit our website for more information on hosting a fundraiser party.

How can I get involved in the "Help Whip Cancer Fundraiser"?

There are several ways to get involved in the "Help Whip Cancer Fundraiser". You can purchase designated "pink" products, round up your order, make a direct donation at checkout, or host a fundraiser party. You can also spread the word and raise awareness about the campaign among your friends and family.

Where does the money raised from the "Help Whip Cancer Fundraiser" go?

All funds raised from the "Help Whip Cancer Fundraiser" go to the American Cancer Society to support their efforts in cancer research, education, and support. The American Cancer Society uses the funds to provide resources and services for cancer patients and their families, as well as to fund groundbreaking research to find a cure for cancer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• talkintrac
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PWoods
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
  • Brenda K.