• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Make My Fundraiser Packs Successful for 450 Elementary School Kids?

only 2 sold. Sounds like you have everything covered. Good Luck!LOL Diane!!!! Am I crazy? That was determined LONG AGO! You know that saying "You don't have to be crazy to work here... we'll train you"..... well, I'm the one that trains the non-crazies :wink:
soccermama
OK.... so maybe a LOT!!! In 3 weeks I have to have fundraiser packs for about 450 kids at the elementary school!!!!!! I am beginning to freak a little about this...... I'm already doing the math on it, and unless they have huge sales, I'll not make any money after printing flyers, etc..... I *am* printing them on my own, because the ink will be cheaper than paying for color copies... But OMG!!!!! What have I gotten myself into?

::::deep breaths:::: breathe in... breathe out....... still freakin' out! HELP!!!!!! Thankfully my sister is being generous and has offered to help me off-set some of the cost by purchasing some of the supplies (she feels guilty not helping at the school as much as she used to, so is helping out here, instead) I also have a good group of friends who are willing to come over for an assembly party (as long as I provide the wine! lol)

OK.... but I'm still freakin' a little ;) Once I get my commission on the 8th, I'll buy the ink and paper.... but I still have to figure out what kind of incentive to offer the kiddos so they'll actually SELL!

Oh.... and I think I'm going to challenge the TEACHERS to sell, too! I'll offer them $100 (?) PC products for the highest seller (I'll even add that onto the fundraiser to up their profit a bit, too)

:::::::deep breaths::::::: breathe in... breathe out...... breathe in..... breathe out........

You need to get these packets shrunk down as much as possible!!What are you planning to put in each packet?I think that the teacher thing is great. As for the kids, I would offer the ice cream sandwich maker to the top 5 sellers maybe?

I think that the 30 minute chicken is a GREAT idea, and will actually be easier than most of the other recipes. Then just do the spread when you first put the chicken in. That should be enough!Edited - oops, wrong thread!!

The packets are going to simply be:
A big envelope (I found a box of 100 for $10, so that's not too bad)
To the front of the envelope will be glued a letter to parents
1 sheet of order forms (2 to a page, front and back, so 4 total)
Product flyer (cookbooks, spices & gift sets)
Incentive flyer (this may be cut down and included with the parent letter, though..... most likely)

I forgot about the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker!!!! I was going to offer the Kids' cookbook...... I'm also wanting to offer something for any child who participates (this will probably be a goofy little gift that is cheap from Oriental Trading... or I'll try to get the local Dairy Queen to donate some incentive prizes.... I better get going on that, if I'm gonna ask, huh?)

That doesn't sound bad, not sure how you could cut it down any more than that. I would also make sure to open up your website to view the entire catalog (I am sure you are already planning that!)

The ice cream maker is a good idea. I was thinking on the lines of free pizza or something. I like the dairy queen prize. I've dealt with DQ better get to them now. You have to call the owner and things must be approved could take a week or more.

450 kids? :eek: are you crazy???? just kidding, I want your commission check net month :D

LOL Diane!!!! Am I crazy? That was determined LONG AGO! You know that saying "You don't have to be crazy to work here... we'll train you"..... well, I'm the one that trains the non-crazies :wink:

I am just hoping we get decent participation, ya know? We're closing it in April, so the dishcloths will be advertised as the freebie with $60 purchase.

Catalogs will be available for any kids that want them, teachers will have a couple and I'll leave some with the secretary and in the staff lounge......

Oh, and YES, it will be set up on my website, too! Hoping that generates some outside orders from out-of-town friends and family!!!!!!

sounds like you have everything covered. Good Luck!

soccermama said:
LOL Diane!!!! Am I crazy? That was determined LONG AGO! You know that saying "You don't have to be crazy to work here... we'll train you"..... well, I'm the one that trains the non-crazies :wink:

I am just hoping we get decent participation, ya know? We're closing it in April, so the dishcloths will be advertised as the freebie with $60 purchase.

Catalogs will be available for any kids that want them, teachers will have a couple and I'll leave some with the secretary and in the staff lounge......
First off Congrats on the Fundraiser.
Now to be realistic don't count on more than 1/4 of the students participating. I had a school with 463 students and 23 students do most of the work. The teacher promo is great(many teacher's either buy PC OR recruit to BE PC). For the students the DQ is a great idea. I offered the top seller a Special Edition Game Boy(it was cool at the time) with a minimum of 15 orders. Then smaller prizes like 2nd a Gift Certificate to something in the Mall and for every student that brought in (1)+ orders an OTrading item. DO NOT put a ton of money into this you might get disappointed. Do offer an Incentive for any bookings generated (this will benefit YOU in the long run. I too did the envelopes with an order form(products on it) stapled to the outside. That was it. websites weren't around then. First and Foremost HAVE FUN and Don't Stress it. It will be what it will be. You will have Supersellers and ......... Just be visible if possible at school around Kid pick-up time it really helps for the additional sales. Good Luck:)

I definitely know there will be low participation (always is... our school sucks that way!).... but what I'm thinking is that it will be different people participating, since it's high-quality items (unlike the junk in the fall fundraiser :rolleyes: )

Oh yeah.... and the school is doing the BOGO Book Fair at the same time, and they want me to have catalogs and order forms there for them, too... those who are tired of the same ol', same ol' fundraisers are really excited.

At least half the teachers at the school have bought PC from me, so I know they all love the stuff. Now to motivate them, huh??? And most of them also have kids in the school district, so will want the fundraiser to go well :) I guess I should decide what kind of incentive I'll offer for any new consultants to sign up (and qualify).... maybe an additional $25 to the school? Is that too much?

Ok..... I'm feeling a little less stressed...... I'm just not planning on actually MAKING money from this, just getting my name out there and hopefully some bookings, too!!!!

soccermama said:
I definitely know there will be low participation (always is... our school sucks that way!).... but what I'm thinking is that it will be different people participating, since it's high-quality items (unlike the junk in the fall fundraiser :rolleyes: )

Oh yeah.... and the school is doing the BOGO Book Fair at the same time, and they want me to have catalogs and order forms there for them, too... those who are tired of the same ol', same ol' fundraisers are really excited.

At least half the teachers at the school have bought PC from me, so I know they all love the stuff. Now to motivate them, huh??? And most of them also have kids in the school district, so will want the fundraiser to go well :) I guess I should decide what kind of incentive I'll offer for any new consultants to sign up (and qualify).... maybe an additional $25 to the school? Is that too much?

Ok..... I'm feeling a little less stressed...... I'm just not planning on actually MAKING money from this, just getting my name out there and hopefully some bookings, too!!!!

Don't stress it just have fun! $25 is not bad at all. I had some business cards made up (vista Print FREE) that say $50 CASH if you sign and qualify with in 90 days. I figure it's worth it to me for them to sigh and qualify. If they stay you have some great recruits. If they don't then at least you have some new leads for your customer base:) You can view them in the photos' section. The wording is on the back of a business card

I like that idea!

I made up a little thing this evening before going out to dinner... I took the Your Life, Your Way flyer and put a recipe card and the new product flyer inside. Then I taped a pack of Extra gum to the cover and on the back of my business card I wrote "Looking for something EXTRA in your life? Let me help you find it" ..... soooooo corny, but I'm gonna start leaving this when I eat out..... can't hurt, huh?

soccermama said:
I like that idea!

I made up a little thing this evening before going out to dinner... I took the Your Life, Your Way flyer and put a recipe card and the new product flyer inside. Then I taped a pack of Extra gum to the cover and on the back of my business card I wrote "Looking for something EXTRA in your life? Let me help you find it" ..... soooooo corny, but I'm gonna start leaving this when I eat out..... can't hurt, huh?
Sounds like a great idea. I might borrow that too.
I'm actually going to the mall parking lot tomorrow and put these bus. cards on driver's side windows above the door handle. Wish me luck, I have to be careful cuz there is a No Bills ordinance (you no no flyers etc.) yet I have seen MANY bus. cards on cars.;)

Good Luck!

Ok... I finished my flyer, which I think is what was really stressing me out!!! It was just soooo much to think about to figure out what to put on it, etc.... I'm attaching a copy.... PLEASE give me feedback (especially if I need to make major changes!!!!!)

Attachments

• Cook Books & Spices.doc
    367.5 KB · Views: 366
soccermama said:
Good Luck!

Ok... I finished my flyer, which I think is what was really stressing me out!!! It was just soooo much to think about to figure out what to put on it, etc.... I'm attaching a copy.... PLEASE give me feedback (especially if I need to make major changes!!!!!)
You need to separate your e-mail addy and your website addy. It won't let you click on it.
Flyer is cute! I like how you broke the groups down. If you can cut it down it might save you some time and money tho. Say to 2 pages.:) HTH

It's only 2 pages when I bring it up on my computer (don't ya love how things don't come across the same from one system to the next? :rollseyes:

Thanks about the email/website.... of course, this will be printed up, so won't be a clickable link, anyway.... but I'll change it for future use, too!!!! I hope to use this A LOT!!!!

Thanks for your help and support! I appreciate it. I'm feeling much more calm now!!!!! lol

soccermama said:
It's only 2 pages when I bring it up on my computer (don't ya love how things don't come across the same from one system to the next? :rollseyes:

Thanks about the email/website.... of course, this will be printed up, so won't be a clickable link, anyway.... but I'll change it for future use, too!!!! I hope to use this A LOT!!!!

Thanks for your help and support! I appreciate it. I'm feeling much more calm now!!!!! lol
It will be great :D don't worry:) Good luck and keep us Posted.

Thanks! I certainly will.... I bet I go over my cell phone minutes during this time!!!! lol Oh well.....

Now I have a request out (on the Flyers forum) for a 2 to-a-page April OOF..... hoping someone is up to that challenge, because I can't figure out how to do it!!!! lol I suck at flyers..... I'm surprised I finally got the product flyer done ;)

soccermama said:
Thanks! I certainly will.... I bet I go over my cell phone minutes during this time!!!! lol Oh well.....

Now I have a request out (on the Flyers forum) for a 2 to-a-page April OOF..... hoping someone is up to that challenge, because I can't figure out how to do it!!!! lol I suck at flyers..... I'm surprised I finally got the product flyer done ;)
You can make a copy(full size) then on a copy machine reduce it to 50% of page-make copy. Put two in window(smaller size of course) get a NEW Original and copy away. HTH

I want the color, though.... I have a copy machine in my office, but it's black & white.... I want color with those beautiful dishcloths we have for April (any other special I would go B&W.... I'm pathetic, I know! lol)

Of course, if nobody comes up with anything, I'm gonna give it a try!!!! lol

soccermama said:
I want the color, though.... I have a copy machine in my office, but it's black & white.... I want color with those beautiful dishcloths we have for April (any other special I would go B&W.... I'm pathetic, I know! lol)
Can you hit office depot. They are .39 cents with our PC discount/per copy. But the B/W look great too. Just give the host the color one. Or if you use a USB key then do the forementioned at o/depot or wherever to get an original copy then ask if they can save it to your key where you can print at home for the cost of ink. Before I got my printer working I lived at Office depot brining in my USB key for copies. HTH

.39 a copy.... for 450+ packets is a lot of $$$!!!!! lol I'll deal with B&W if I have to ;)

Maybe I can get my awesome PAC prez friend to make some flyers for around the school...... I love having connections ;) LOL

soccermama said:
.39 a copy.... for 450+ packets is a lot of $$$!!!!! lol I'll deal with B&W if I have to ;)

Maybe I can get my awesome PAC prez friend to make some flyers for around the school...... I love having connections ;) LOL
Yikes:eek: Go Black & White girl:D

LOL Yikes is right!!!!! I'm already thinking YIKES with all the ink cartridges I'm gonna have to buy......

soccermama said:
LOL Yikes is right!!!!! I'm already thinking YIKES with all the ink cartridges I'm gonna have to buy......
some times its cheaper to get the copies done and use your ink for all the little thing. I know that the price goes down if you get 100+ then it's 250+ and I think 500+ (O/D) what i do is get the special pricing then swipe my card and it is usually 3 cents/copy (single sided).

Are you not offering the whole catalog of products?

I would get rid of the color flyer idea and go for a catalog. I realize that they're .39 each, but you can post a disclaimer on the letter that you'd like your packets back if they choose not to participate and at the end of the fundraiser for participants. You can re-use them all season.

I priced cartridges today... and I can get about 300-400 pages out of each one, and they are $20 & $36 (B&W and Color)..... so I'll get a few of each, hope that I don't go through ALL the ink and I'll have some left. If I print in Fast Draft, it will use less ink (and the color is still fine for sending out in the packets, too! lol)

I ordered 300!!!!!!!! catalogs yesterday..... that was scary to me! But I want to have plenty on hand, on the off-chance that there is great participation or lots of interest in shows! And since it's only March, I'll have all season to use them up if the FUNdraiser is a flop ;) (but there's a LOT of my PC customers involved with the school, so I should do pretty well with it. lol)

soccermama said:
I priced cartridges today... and I can get about 300-400 pages out of each one, and they are $20 & $36 (B&W and Color)..... so I'll get a few of each, hope that I don't go through ALL the ink and I'll have some left. If I print in Fast Draft, it will use less ink (and the color is still fine for sending out in the packets, too! lol)

I ordered 300!!!!!!!! catalogs yesterday..... that was scary to me! But I want to have plenty on hand, on the off-chance that there is great participation or lots of interest in shows! And since it's only March, I'll have all season to use them up if the FUNdraiser is a flop ;) (but there's a LOT of my PC customers involved with the school, so I should do pretty well with it. lol)
well it sounds as tho you have done your Homework and it is going to be a Huge Success:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D So go with it and Enjoy!

I'm not handing out catalogs because our school traditionally does not have high participation in fundraisers. I am still offering the full catalog, and will have them available for anyone who asks (I can think of about 10 who will be calling me the DAY they get their packets to get the full catalog! lol) and will also have them at the office, a couple with each teacher and in the staff lounge.

If this is a big hit, I'll consider giving the full catalog to start off with next year. But I think that for a lot of the kids, they'll want to earn the item they get for participating, so their parents will choose something from the flyer. It's less overwhelming for someone who isn't familiar with TPC......

OY! It's late....... my table is covered in flyers and catalogs.... and I am having a girls' night out here tomorrow...... I better go get some sleep so I can have fun tomorrow :)

soccermama said:
OY! It's late....... my table is covered in flyers and catalogs.... and I am having a girls' night out here tomorrow...... I better go get some sleep so I can have fun tomorrow :)
Good night and have a fun day Tomorrow:)

If you still want to do the flyers ask the school if you can do your coppies there?

If you end up with lots of leftover catalogs make up a list of places arround your town to leave some. I had 100 catys left over one season from a FR. It had gone fairly well b ut like was said before the work is done by maybee 20% of the students and parents.

soccermama said:
OK.... so maybe a LOT!!! In 3 weeks I have to have fundraiser packs for about 450 kids at the elementary school!!!!!! I am beginning to freak a little about this...... I'm already doing the math on it, and unless they have huge sales, I'll not make any money after printing flyers, etc..... I *am* printing them on my own, because the ink will be cheaper than paying for color copies... But OMG!!!!! What have I gotten myself into?

::::deep breaths:::: breathe in... breathe out....... still freakin' out! HELP!!!!!! Thankfully my sister is being generous and has offered to help me off-set some of the cost by purchasing some of the supplies (she feels guilty not helping at the school as much as she used to, so is helping out here, instead) I also have a good group of friends who are willing to come over for an assembly party (as long as I provide the wine! lol)

OK.... but I'm still freakin' a little ;) Once I get my commission on the 8th, I'll buy the ink and paper.... but I still have to figure out what kind of incentive to offer the kiddos so they'll actually SELL!

Oh.... and I think I'm going to challenge the TEACHERS to sell, too! I'll offer them $100 (?) PC products for the highest seller (I'll even add that onto the fundraiser to up their profit a bit, too)

:::::::deep breaths::::::: breathe in... breathe out...... breathe in..... breathe out........

Not sure if this has been said, but after watching Cookie at our regional conference, I am offering ALL students who collect $400 in sales a $10 ToysRUs giftcard, and a $50 giftcard to highest seller that collects over $500. I plan to give each student 2 catalogs with the attached suggested people to share with. 8 order forms (double sided printed). I have given them the website a few times in bold red, and suggested they email the link to ALL of their relatives all over the US.

Good luck!!! It is daunting!

Last edited:
soccermama said:
Good Luck!

It's looks great, but I'm not sure you need it unless you aren't giving them a full catalog?

How did you get this fabulous fundraiser???? Did you send a letter/proposal?

soccermama said:
I'm not handing out catalogs because our school traditionally does not have high participation in fundraisers. I am still offering the full catalog, and will have them available for anyone who asks (I can think of about 10 who will be calling me the DAY they get their packets to get the full catalog! lol) and will also have them at the office, a couple with each teacher and in the staff lounge.

If this is a big hit, I'll consider giving the full catalog to start off with next year. But I think that for a lot of the kids, they'll want to earn the item they get for participating, so their parents will choose something from the flyer. It's less overwhelming for someone who isn't familiar with TPC......

I would send packets home with every child. Not many here would "volunteer" for a fundraiser. Why not hit the PTO up for a "round robin" of shows in one week's time, to boost the amount earned for the school. Tell them that if 3-5 would have their own school PC fundraiser parties, at their home... making it clear that you do NOT want all the members to attend every party, that you want each host to invite DIFFERENT people to the parties (especially those not known - neighbors, co-workers, family, friends).... say that all the sales will be added to the fundraiser sales. Maybe one host will have a traditional party-like fundraiser - - she can take the products (an entire set of cookware???) to be raffled off at the next school function. You can even book parties at the last minute.

I got these ideas at regional conference by the way. Wow, you have such a GREAT fundraising opportunity. GOOD LUCK!!!!

etteluap70PC said:
If you still want to do the flyers ask the school if you can do your coppies there?

If you end up with lots of leftover catalogs make up a list of places arround your town to leave some. I had 100 catys left over one season from a FR. It had gone fairly well b ut like was said before the work is done by maybee 20% of the students and parents.

Where did you leave the catalogs? What was the response?

You can also offer them to your potential recruits and/or downline. Just place white labels over your info.

Can you tell you've gotten me excited? LOL

I am involved with the school and the PAC (Parent Action Council), and when the fundraising chair person changed, I jumped on it and asked her to consider PC. So I printed up some info and took it to a meeting and they all said "Go for it"!

They all agreed that the full-line catalog would be very overwhelming to most of the kids participating in the fundraiser. They loved the idea of Cookbooks & Spices, and I threw in some gift sets, too, just because they are a little higher-priced ;)

Doing the copies at the school might be an option if they had color copies available, but they don't. Printing from my own printer won't be too bad, and I'll print a little at a time and can be cooking/cleaning/reading with kids, etc while things are printing off.

And now to figure out when to invite the girls up to help me assemble the packs! I guess the weekend before it starts....

I'm not concerned about catalogs being leftover.... I'll be able to use them up before they are done. It's the beginning of the selling season, so there's plenty of time. lol

Thanks everyone for input and advice :)

1. What are the best ways to promote the fundraiser packs to 450 elementary school kids?

Promoting the fundraiser packs can be done through various methods such as sending flyers home with students, posting on the school's website or social media pages, creating a fun and eye-catching display at the school's entrance, and involving teachers and staff to spread the word to students and their families.

2. How can I ensure that the fundraiser packs are successful and profitable?

One of the best ways to ensure success is by setting a clear and achievable goal for the fundraiser. This will motivate students and their families to participate and reach the goal. Offering incentives, such as prizes for the top sellers or a percentage of sales going back to the school, can also increase participation and profitability.

3. Is there a recommended way to handle printing costs for the fundraiser packs?

Printing costs can add up quickly, so it's important to find ways to keep them low. One option is to print the flyers and materials on your own using a printer with affordable ink and paper. Another option is to reach out to local businesses and see if they would be willing to sponsor the printing costs in exchange for advertising on the materials.

4. How can I encourage and motivate students to sell the fundraiser packs?

Providing incentives for top sellers is a great way to motivate students. You can also create friendly competition by offering prizes for the class or grade level that sells the most. Consider involving teachers and staff by offering a prize for the teacher with the most sales or giving them a percentage of sales to go towards classroom supplies.

5. How can I involve the teachers in the fundraiser and increase their participation?

As mentioned before, involving teachers and staff in the fundraiser can be beneficial. Consider offering them a reward for the top seller, providing them with a fundraising pack to sell themselves, or even hosting a friendly competition between teachers to see who can sell the most. Additionally, you can provide them with resources and support to help them promote the fundraiser to their students and their families.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• soccermama
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
soccermama
  • PCCHeather0506
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • starrmarie