• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I make delicious Jamaican Jerk Shrimp on the grill?

In summary, a grill basket is a kitchen tool designed for cooking shrimp and other small foods on the grill. It allows for heat and smoke to circulate, giving the food a smoky flavor. To use it, simply preheat the grill and place the shrimp in the basket. Marinating is optional, but if done, excess marinade should be drained off before cooking. The number of shrimp that can fit in the basket depends on its size and the shrimp size. The basket can also be used for other types of seafood and vegetables. To clean and care for the basket, soak it in warm soapy water and use a brush or sponge to remove food particles. Dry thoroughly and lightly oil before each use to prevent rusting and sticking
WLMcCoy
How do you do it? or can you?

That's what it's for! Just toss some shrimp in it with some seasoning.

chefann said:
That's what it's for! Just toss some shrimp in it with some seasoning.

oh! haha!! I've used it for chicken and steak for fajitas... && my favorite was pierogies, bacon, green peppers, & onions!!! yummy!!

but THANKS!!

The Grill Basket has so many uses ~ it's a wonderful product!! I haven't thought about using it for fajita meant or pierogies, but we use it for shrimp and veggies all the time.

SHRIMP
Toss with Jamaican Jerk Rub and Garlic Olive Oil
Grill about 6 minutes
Serve over steak or salad

Jamaican Jerk Marinade
Jerk Shrimp Marinade (for 1 lb shrimp)
1/4 c orange juice
1/3 c olive oil
Juice from one lemon
2 T Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
splash of Tobasco Sauce

Whisk together marinade ingredients in Classic Batter Bowl.
Add shrimp and let marinade about 30 to 45 minutes; mixing occasionally.
Remove shrimp from marinade and place in Grill Basket and cook on grill.

Related to How can I make delicious Jamaican Jerk Shrimp on the grill?

What is a grill basket and how do I use it to cook shrimp?

A grill basket is a kitchen tool specifically designed for cooking shrimp and other small foods on the grill. It consists of a metal basket with small holes that allow for heat and smoke to circulate around the food, giving it a delicious smoky flavor. To use it for cooking shrimp, simply preheat your grill and place the shrimp in the basket. Cook for a few minutes on each side until they are pink and opaque.

Do I need to marinate the shrimp before cooking it in the grill basket?

It is not necessary to marinate the shrimp before cooking it in the grill basket, but it can add extra flavor. If you choose to marinate, be sure to drain off any excess marinade before placing the shrimp in the basket to prevent flare-ups on the grill.

How many shrimp can I fit in the grill basket at once?

The number of shrimp that can fit in the grill basket will depend on the size of the basket and the size of the shrimp. As a general rule, you can fit about 1 pound of shrimp in a standard-sized grill basket.

Can I use the grill basket to cook other types of seafood?

Yes, the grill basket can be used to cook a variety of seafood including fish, scallops, and vegetables. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly for each type of food.

How do I clean and care for my grill basket?

To clean your grill basket, simply soak it in warm soapy water and use a brush or sponge to remove any food particles. If there are stubborn pieces of food stuck to the basket, you can also use a grill brush to scrub it off. To prevent rusting, be sure to dry the basket thoroughly before storing it. It is also recommended to lightly oil the basket before each use to prevent sticking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mpayton
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • Dotty
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedbybarbara