• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I use the Pampered Chef grill basket to make delicious shrimp dishes?

I made Jerk Chicken Nachos last night and one of the guests confessed afterwards that she thought 2 whole tablespoons of the seasoning would be overpowering as we made them. But after she tried the nachos she said that it had a really great flavor.
jrstephens
That shrimp in the new grill basket in the CN looks WONDERFUL! Anyone know the recipe yet by chance?

I just got a good deal on some shrimp thas was delivered today!

By the way I bet the grill basket could double as a bread basket on the table just from looking at it! What 'cha think? Of course, I haven't held it yet, ha!

I'm wondering how easy it is to clean.

Christ Follower said:
I'm wondering how easy it is to clean.

I think it will depend on how much I burn the food on the grill! HAHA!:D Hopefully, it will not be too bad. I had thought about lining it with tinfoil for easy clean up.

I had a show one time where the host took shrimp in tin foil. She did one batch with butter and garlic and the other batch with BBW sauce. They were de-lish as Rachel Ray would say!!!!

I dont eat shrimp and I have never cooked veggies on the BBQ but I really want that grill basket.

I got my Grill Basket today and just happen to have some skrimp in the freezer. Has anone found this recipe yet? I need to look on CC and see if they have the recipes for the new catalog on there yet.

nope, i was wondering the same thing. They look delicoious! Maybe if you email ho they may have an answer.

I had been wondering the same thing and asked before on here, no one could come up with an actual recipe. HO usually posts the catalog recipes but they don't have the current one up. Maybe you could email the test kitchens and ask them.

I just sent them an email. I wish they would tell me today b/c I have the shrimp thawing!! I will post it if they send it to me. I am sure it is one of our new spices.

Not sure what it is but you are right - it looks awesome -

If all else fails for tonights shrimp Jennifer - whisk together some garlic oil and jerk rub - coat on the shrimp and grill away - YUMMY!!!!!

Here's the response I got:

Hello, Jennifer!

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef Test Kitchen hotline! The
shrimp recipe shown in our BBQ Grill Basket is simply shrimp, a bit of
olive or vegetable oil and a seasoning mix or rub for flavor. Feel free
to experiment and discover your favorite!

I hope this helps! Have a great day!
Sincerely,
Joanne

Wonder what seasonings would taste good? I do not have the Citrus Rub that says seafood. That is one of the few I do not have. I hate to experiment on shrimp since they do not come cheap around here!:chef:

That's interesting! You would think it was some special recipe! The BBQ rub would be good, give it a BBQ flavoring.

Why not try a few spices on a couple and keep them seperate in the basket.

As someone mentioned earlier, I made shrimp all last summer by coating it with the garlic infused canola oil and then adding a liberal amount of the jerk rub. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. My inlaws just got back from S. Padre Island and brought us back some fresh shrimp. I wish I had my grill basket already.

straitfan said:
As someone mentioned earlier, I made shrimp all last summer by coating it with the garlic infused canola oil and then adding a liberal amount of the jerk rub. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. My inlaws just got back from S. Padre Island and brought us back some fresh shrimp. I wish I had my grill basket already.

Yup I love the Jerk Rub with shrimp!!!!! I make it all the time - And for my son who doesn't like shrimp - I make it with Chicken cutlets -

straitfan said:

I made Jerk Chicken Nachos last night and one of the guests confessed afterwards that she thought 2 whole tablespoons of the seasoning would be overpowering as we made them. But after she tried the nachos she said that it had a really great flavor.

1. How do I properly season the shrimp before grilling?

To season the shrimp, simply toss them in a bowl with your desired seasonings, such as garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. Let them sit for about 15 minutes before placing them in the grill basket.

2. Can I use frozen shrimp in the grill basket?

Yes, you can use frozen shrimp in the grill basket. Just make sure to thaw them before seasoning and grilling to ensure even cooking.

3. How long should I grill the shrimp in the basket?

The cooking time for shrimp in the grill basket will vary depending on the size of the shrimp. Generally, medium-sized shrimp will take about 3-4 minutes per side, while larger shrimp may take up to 6 minutes per side.

4. Do I need to use any oil or cooking spray in the grill basket?

No, the grill basket is designed for non-stick cooking, so you do not need to use oil or cooking spray. However, you can lightly brush the shrimp with oil for added flavor if desired.

5. Can I use the grill basket for other types of seafood?

Yes, the grill basket can be used for a variety of seafood, such as scallops, fish fillets, and even vegetables. Just make sure to adjust the grilling time accordingly for different types of seafood.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• timbimac
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MissChef