• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Hosting a Pampered Chef Themed Birthday Party Be Profitable?

In summary, a 9 year old girl is having a birthday party in February and the party planner wants to know if anyone has any experience with this type of party. Some people suggest a Tea Party theme, while another person suggests a "PC Party" theme with mini barbie cakes and finger sandwiches. It is unclear if the parents will be staying for the party or if it will be a children's party only. It is also unclear how much profit the party planner expects to make.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
I've been approached by a "good" customer to do a birthday party for her 9 year old daughter in February. I would like to do it. Does anyone have experience with anything like this? I could do a "Tea Party " theme. However, I don't quite know how to make this profitable for my business. There will be approx 6 girls invited to the party. How do I set this up as a Pamp Chef party? It is quite a bit to have the Mom pay $200 for a party...how else could it work profitably?? All suggestions and thoughts appreciated.:) I definitely need brainstorming on this idea!! I'm probably missing a really simple solution...

OOh, sounds fun! You could bake some mini barbie cakes in the prep bowls and have the girls frost and decorate them, that would be fun. What is the age group? Fun, fun, fun!

The Silicone Floral Cupcake pan would be perfect! You can use the small SA squares for plates.

The girls can also make some finger sandwiches (cucumber canapes).

Will the parents be staying? You can make a "Parent Goodie Bag" with a business card, recipe card, mini catalog & coupon.

Since it is a little girl birthday party you may not get very many sales, if any at all, but you can try for the bookings!

Unless you have been EXTREMELY clear with the Mom about this being a PC Party, and she has a host packet, and is collecting orders, you need to understand that you are most likely being asked to be a party planner and caterer. Most people don't go to a child's party expecting to buy kitchen tools.......

I am doing two of these......one Sunday, one in Nov. The hosts are treating it like a catalog show, gathering orders. We will then do a slightly modified Kids in the Kitchen show. Will not be a big money maker, but it is for people I love to work with and have or will host again.

Robin

stacywhitlow said:
The Silicone Floral Cupcake pan would be perfect! You can use the small SA squares for plates.

The girls can also make some finger sandwiches (cucumber canapes).

Will the parents be staying? You can make a "Parent Goodie Bag" with a business card, recipe card, mini catalog & coupon.

Since it is a little girl birthday party you may not get very many sales, if any at all, but you can try for the bookings!
I was also thinking of a "Tea Party" theme...floral cupcakes, tea, girls wearing hats and/or boas...this could be really fun! Maybe even have a decorate your own cupcake contest for a game.

ChefBeckyD said:
Unless you have been EXTREMELY clear with the Mom about this being a PC Party, and she has a host packet, and is collecting orders, you need to understand that you are most likely being asked to be a party planner and caterer. Most people don't go to a child's party expecting to buy kitchen tools.......
That's exactly what I was thinking...

I would suggest that if you are charging mom for the party you could offer that each girl recieves a prep bowl or two to take home with them and each girl can make their very own barbie cake. This way you are selling the product and each girl gets to take something home. I would charge a little extra for the costs of the cake mix and decorations.

When my daughter was 9 we had a PC Birthday Party (prior to me being a consultant). I made my own invitation and made it clear that the mom's were asked to stay but they would have their own time to relax and visit. My consultant and I and one of my older daughters helped the kids with the pita pizzas in the kids cookbook. The mom's popped their heads in a watched a bit but mostly just had some time for fellowhshipping and looking through the catalog. I suggested to them at the beginning that they share with one another their favorite product and why ... and they had some nice time to look through the catalog. I had gotten a couple of outside orders and the mom's ordered some things they wanted and some things their daughters asked for. It wasn't much over $200 I don't think but it showed the kids that they were special and the mom's that they were special enough to give them some adult time as well. As a consultant... I know that this wasn't a strong show at all as far as sales were concerned but because of her fabulous conduct with the party... I ended up signing up later on so... it was worth it!

RossDeb2 said:
I've been approached by a "good" customer to do a birthday party for her 9 year old daughter in February. I would like to do it. Does anyone have experience with anything like this? I could do a "Tea Party " theme. However, I don't quite know how to make this profitable for my business. There will be approx 6 girls invited to the party. How do I set this up as a Pamp Chef party? It is quite a bit to have the Mom pay $200 for a party...how else could it work profitably?? All suggestions and thoughts appreciated.:) I definitely need brainstorming on this idea!! I'm probably missing a really simple solution...

My daughter is 8. I've been doing cooking classes for her classmates for 2 years, charging $20 per child for 2 hours. Don't forget, not only are you doing a cooking class of sorts, you are entertaining them so she doesn't have to. 6x$20= $120 - I would charge at least $150. If she collects a few orders (treats it as a catalog show - make it clear to her that on a regular "work night" you earn $____). You can use the $$ to submit orders to give to your teachers, mail person, hair salon, and family - - enter the names as the gift recipient. You save the $$ youd spend for gifts and get paid a commission on that money. :)

What type of products do you recommend for a Little Girl Birthday Party?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that are perfect for a Little Girl Birthday Party. Some popular options include our Fun Shapes Cookie Cutters, Kid's Cookie Baking Set, and Ice Cream Maker. You can also check out our selection of themed party supplies such as our Princess Cupcake Stand or Unicorn Cake Pan.

What are some fun recipe ideas for a Little Girl Birthday Party?

We have many delicious and kid-friendly recipes that are perfect for a Little Girl Birthday Party. Some popular options include our Rainbow Fruit Salad, Mini Pizzas, and Rainbow Swirl Cupcakes. You can also get creative with our Fun Shapes Cookie Cutters and make unique shaped sandwiches or cookies.

Do you have any party planning tips for a Little Girl Birthday Party?

Absolutely! For a stress-free and successful party, we recommend planning ahead and involving the birthday girl in the party planning process. You can also save time by prepping food and decorations the day before. And don't forget to have fun and enjoy the celebration with your little one!

What are some easy and budget-friendly decorations for a Little Girl Birthday Party?

We have a variety of affordable and cute decorations that are perfect for a Little Girl Birthday Party. Some popular options include our Confetti Balloons, Happy Birthday Banner, and Cupcake Toppers. You can also get creative and make your own decorations using our Fun Shapes Cookie Cutters or Kid's Cookie Baking Set.

Do you offer any special promotions or discounts for Little Girl Birthday Parties?

Yes, we often have special promotions and discounts available for our customers, especially during popular party seasons. We also offer a host of exclusive deals for our Pampered Chef consultants, so make sure to check with your consultant for any current promotions. You can also sign up for our newsletter to stay updated on the latest deals and offers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
baychef
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • pamperedchef88
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies