• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How About That Microplane Adj Coarse Grater!

In summary, the person likes the product, but has heard complaints about the grater. They like that it is interchangeable and easy to use.
pkd09
Silver Member
OMG I luv that product! So smooth and easy to use. I keep breaking the rotary grater because I keep pressing down to hard.

LOVE IT! :D So glad they made one. I'm so much happier with this. So much better than a box grater, too, because it can store in a drawer!

I love it. I did hear someone complain that it doesn't have a food holder, but the one from the other grater does fit it if you are really concerned. I love it the way it is and don't want to go to the trouble to have to cut the cheese (hahaha).

Love, Love, Love!!

lesliec said:
I love it. I did hear someone complain that it doesn't have a food holder, but the one from the other grater does fit it if you are really concerned. I love it the way it is and don't want to go to the trouble to have to cut the cheese (hahaha).

Wasn't a complaint just an observation.

Barry Carlton said:
Wasn't a complaint just an observation.

Yay!!! I just got my samples today and don't have any cheese to grate to play with but I'm glad the holder from microplane will fit!!!! WaHoo!!! Now I can go back to grating Mozzarella! I've been lazy with mozz because I didn't like how any graters did it!!!!

i used it last night and was grateful it could stand up since i have a sprained wrist! I love it too!

kcmckay said:
Yay!!! I just got my samples today and don't have any cheese to grate to play with but I'm glad the holder from microplane will fit!!!! WaHoo!!! Now I can go back to grating Mozzarella! I've been lazy with mozz because I didn't like how any graters did it!!!!

...also Katie, put your mozzarella in the freezer for 10 min prior to grating, makes it a lot easier when it's a little more firm! <3

I love it!!! So much nicer than grating on the Mandoline.

wow, I just got my samples yesterday and haven't had the chance to try it out yet!! Now I cannot wait!!

Hmm, I might try this coarse grater, now that I know the fine grater's attachment fits it.

I keep breaking the rotary grater because I keep pressing down to hard.
I got rid of the newer rotary grater because no matter how hard I pressed, it never worked well. Went back to the old style when they had it on the outlet. That newer design is horrid.

I like the fact it's interchangeable...doh, it's pretty obvious from the picture it should fit but I didn't think about it.

ShellBeach said:
Hmm, I might try this coarse grater, now that I know the fine grater's attachment fits it.

I got rid of the newer rotary grater because no matter how hard I pressed, it never worked well. Went back to the old style when they had it on the outlet. That newer design is horrid.

I like the fact it's interchangeable...doh, it's pretty obvious from the picture it should fit but I didn't think about it.

I totally agree, I've never liked the new style and always used my old style at home. For shows I just stopped encouraging hosts to get block cheese and let them get what they wanted.

I have not used my coarse grater yet though, cannot wait!

I have taken it to my last 2 shows as a "tease" and everyone loves it. So easy to grate an 8 oz block of cheese in no time. They can't believe how much cheese comes out of a block instead of buying it already shredded in the bag.

I called the product folks at HO to ask if the guard from the fine grater can be used on the course grater and they told me "No". I love the course grater but I did cut myself when I got close to the end of a piece of block cheese. Just out of concern, I wanted to check on the guard.

HO told me to just let customers know to be careful and grate slowly because this is much sharper then a box grater.

sharpechef said:
i used it last night and was grateful it could stand up since i have a sprained wrist! I love it too!

I am so glad too cuz I had a softball injury years ago (shattered my thumb and wrist) and have never had the ability to use the rotary grater. I've always used the fine grater, now have this one too. So glad.

evk1972 said:
I called the product folks at HO to ask if the guard from the fine grater can be used on the course grater and they told me "No". I love the course grater but I did cut myself when I got close to the end of a piece of block cheese. Just out of concern, I wanted to check on the guard.

HO told me to just let customers know to be careful and grate slowly because this is much sharper then a box grater.

hmm....wonder why? You mean the little box that holds the food, right? It fits.

evk1972 said:

Weather or not they say it works, it does. I tried it and it worked, but you have to cut the cheese in to small cubes and then it grates down really fast.
I wouldn't demo it this way. I did use it as a teaser at a show this weekend. We were doing a pizza and I don't like the other graters, so pulled it out. One of the girls who tried it did knick her knuckle, but I don't think she ever bled. They were all pretty impressed.

1. What is the difference between a Microplane Adj Coarse Grater and a regular grater?

The Microplane Adj Coarse Grater has a unique adjustable blade that allows for customizable grating thickness. This allows for more precise grating and greater control over the texture of your ingredients.

2. Can the Microplane Adj Coarse Grater be used for both soft and hard ingredients?

Yes, the Microplane Adj Coarse Grater is designed to grate both soft and hard ingredients with ease. The adjustable blade allows you to switch between fine and coarse grating, making it perfect for a wide range of ingredients.

3. Is the Microplane Adj Coarse Grater dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Microplane Adj Coarse Grater is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing for best results and to prolong the lifespan of the grater.

4. How sharp is the blade on the Microplane Adj Coarse Grater?

The blade on the Microplane Adj Coarse Grater is made of high-quality stainless steel and is extremely sharp. It is designed to easily grate through even the toughest ingredients, while still being safe to use.

5. Can the Microplane Adj Coarse Grater be used for grating cheese?

Yes, the Microplane Adj Coarse Grater is great for grating cheese. The adjustable blade allows you to choose the perfect grating thickness for your desired cheese texture. It is also great for grating other ingredients such as chocolate, vegetables, and fruits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jholmes0904
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • Jillmami
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies