• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using Nuts & Chocolate Chips with Microplane Grater

In summary, a Microplane grater is a kitchen tool with small, sharp blades used for grating small ingredients like nuts and chocolate chips. It can also be used for other ingredients like citrus zest, ginger, garlic, and hard cheeses. It is best to use firm ingredients and to wash the grater before and after each use to maintain its sharpness and prevent cross-contamination. To clean and maintain the grater, it is recommended to wash it with warm soapy water and avoid using a dishwasher or metal brush.
amya
OK. I guess I'm having an un-bright moment, but how exactly do you use nuts or chocolate chips in the Microplane Adjustable Grater? Each time I try to fill the food holder with nuts and then try to put it on the grater, the nuts go all over the counter. I have looked at the instructions, but I'm not seeing how to do this. Any suggestions?

Well...Well, my suggestion would be to put the food holder onto the Microplane BEFORE you put the food in. That's what I do, and I have never had a problem. :D

HTH

Duh..... Thanks Nicole. Some days I just want to go back to bed:p

What is a Microplane grater and how does it work?

A Microplane grater is a kitchen tool used for grating small ingredients, such as nuts and chocolate chips. The grater has small, sharp blades that are designed to finely grate the ingredients. To use, simply slide the ingredient along the grater in a back and forth motion.

Can I use any type of nut or chocolate chip with the Microplane grater?

Yes, you can use any type of nut or chocolate chip with the Microplane grater. However, it is best to use ingredients that are firm and not too soft, as they can become messy and difficult to grate.

Do I need to wash the Microplane grater before and after using it?

It is recommended to wash the Microplane grater before and after each use. This will ensure that any food particles or oils are removed, preventing cross-contamination and maintaining the grater's sharpness.

Can I use the Microplane grater for other ingredients besides nuts and chocolate chips?

Yes, the Microplane grater can be used for a variety of ingredients, such as citrus zest, ginger, garlic, and hard cheeses. Just be sure to use caution and follow the manufacturer's instructions to prevent injury.

How do I clean and maintain my Microplane grater?

To clean the Microplane grater, simply wash it with warm soapy water and a brush or sponge. Make sure to dry it thoroughly before storing. To maintain the sharpness of the blades, avoid washing it in the dishwasher and never use a metal brush or scrubber on the grater.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
JennLizFran
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views