• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About the Rotary Grater

In summary, the Rotary Grater can be cleaned by hand with warm soapy water and dried before storing. It is suitable for grating cheese, as well as other foods like vegetables, chocolate, and nuts. The grater is dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended for longevity. The size of the grating blades is not adjustable, but the grater comes with two different blade options. To safely use the grater, hold the handle firmly and turn the crank clockwise while keeping fingers away from the blades and using the food holder for added safety.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
I like using the Rotary Grater, I just have a question about it. Is it just me or does everyone have this problem? When I grate with it, the cheese stays in a really long strand and then they all just twist around themselves. Is there a way around that??

Thank you in advance for your answers.

I do a half turn one way, then back it around the other way a half turn.

IMO, it depends on the cheese because I've noticed that it does it a lot when I shred Vermont extra sharp cheddar.

Yes, like Amy suggested, harder cheeses (like parmesan) grate easier, and, like Heidi said, turning the handle back and forth for softer cheeses seems to work better.

This sounds strange but try it - microwave the cheese so it's just 'warm' NOT melted - (approx 7-12seconds) - it makes it SO much easier to use the grater. A friend told me that and I've been doing it ever since! Good luck~!

Cut the block of cheese in 1/2 before you put it in the grater. If the strands are too long cut the block of cheese into more pieces.

floccies said:
Cut the block of cheese in 1/2 before you put it in the grater. If the strands are too long cut the block of cheese into more pieces.

I do cut it pretty small..I don't think it will work too great if I cut it any smaller..idk..my bf doesn't seem to care..so..I guess I am just a spaz..LOL

Hello! Thank you for your question about the Rotary Grater. I'm glad to hear that you enjoy using it. To address your concern about the cheese strands twisting around, I recommend trying to grate the cheese at a slight angle instead of straight down. This will help prevent the strands from tangling together. You can also try grating smaller amounts of cheese at a time to prevent the strands from getting too long. I hope this helps and happy grating!

1. How do I clean the Rotary Grater?

Clean the Rotary Grater by hand using warm soapy water and a brush or sponge. Make sure to dry the grater thoroughly before storing it.

2. Can the Rotary Grater be used for grating cheese?

Yes, the Rotary Grater is perfect for grating cheese, as well as a variety of other foods such as vegetables, chocolate, and nuts.

3. Is the Rotary Grater dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Rotary Grater is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing to prolong the life of the grater.

4. Can I change the size of the grating blades on the Rotary Grater?

No, the size of the grating blades on the Rotary Grater is not adjustable. However, the grater comes with two different blade options for fine and coarse grating.

5. How do I safely use the Rotary Grater?

To use the Rotary Grater, hold the handle firmly and turn the crank clockwise to grate your food. Make sure to keep your fingers away from the blades and always use the food holder for added safety.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jjaastef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Jillmami
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • cookingwithdot