• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How About a "Don't Make Anything With This" Show?

In summary, the caller was considering hosting a show where there would be no sweet, no chocolate, and no desserts. Shelby provided a list of seven suggested demos that could be made using Power Cooking tools. The caller mentioned that she usually eats meatloaf, which is not a recommended demo. Shelby suggested a Potato and Lime Salad as an appropriate demo.
RMDave
Gold Member
Just got a call from a prospective host.

"Can do you a show that doesn't make anything sweet, nothing with chocolate, no desserts, oh and no garlic or spicy stuff?"

"Of course I can!"

Now what do I prepare?

macaroni and cheese :D

No garlic?!? Oh I don't know if I could contain myself! Yikes! Have a good time with that one!:eek:

ShelbyMichalek said:
macaroni and cheese :D

Shelby, I forgot. Cheese was also on the "no no" list.

How about the 10 min pork tend salad? The BBQ rub isn't spicy and you can leave the onion off....

oh wow
Ummm...... pizza? If you had the pizza and roll mix you could let everyone make thier own mini pizza?
Then you could use the large stone, the cheese grater, the batter bowl, spatula, pizza cutter....

MUD Pies??

Oh my word!!! I would say the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder, but that has cheese. What about fajitas?

oops, missed the cheese part
I'd go with the chicken or the tenderloin

30 Minute chicken in the DCB

Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco. Just leave out the Parm. cheese or have guests grate and top their own with it. Same with the loaded bak. pot chowder. Cheese is a topping anyway.

She might think the fajitas are "spicy." How about the new Warm Lemon Pepper Chicken Salad? Nothin' spicy in there, nor chocolate, nor sweetness, nor cheese.You can also do the 30- minute chicken with the biscuit bites. Just omit the garlic and parm cheese. They'll still be good with the butter and our Italian seasoning.BBQ Beef Sloppy Joes from the Power Cooking are delicious too, though too simple for a main demo, unless you did the whole Power Cooking she-bang.Sounds like she's wanting a main dish for sure. You can kick it old skool Pampered Chef with a ring or braid too, though I think you'll be hard-pressed to find any of those without cheese, so scratch that. I'm thinking as I type.Oh! Strawberry Spinach Salad is delicious, as is the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad, and the Chicken Avocado & Grapefruit salad.See Dave, I'm giving you 7 awesome suggestions in this reply alone. Let me keep thinking....Harvest Chicken Salad is delicious as well, and always well-received. Plus, it can show off a heck of a lot of tools. I believe I have a nice breakdown of that recipe somewhere in my files because I did it for a show once. There's eight. Let's see if I can come up with 10.She doesn't sound that "adventurous", so I'd rule out anything Moroccan-inspired, like the Casbah Chicken & Couscous. That's not a ninth suggestion, so I gotta keep thinkin.You could also do a simple stir-fry. I have a friend who is successful with these a lot. Prep the veggies with a bunch of tools, then use one of the sauces. Plus, you'll show off cookware too! Woohoo that's nine. Or if you wanna do that with a "real" recipe. You can do the Sweet & Sour Pineapple Pork Stir Fry from S/S 2009 SBRC.One more....Well, after all that...I don't have a tenth. Sorry to fail you!

What about meatloaf?

30 Minute Chicken w/ Strawberry Spinach Salad.

Thanks for all your ideas. 30 Minute Chicken with Strawberry Spinach Salad. I can here the host now "I told you now FRUIT of any type."Bitch!

Ask her what she usually eats and then just prepare it using PC stuff to show how it might make her life easier using our products.

What does she eat? That's just crazy.

I'd do a Potato And Lime Show!

(where you take a potato, and a lime, and you show all kinds of different tools and what they can do...without actually cooking anything.)

This is a really old document, and some of the tools referenced have been updated or discontinued...and we have some new tools that you could use too - like the citrus press - but this will give you an idea of what I'm talking about!

Attachments

• The Amazing Potato Demo.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 548
RMDave said:
Shelby, I forgot. Cheese was also on the "no no" list.

Sounds like my Dad's girlfriend. Oh, but add that I can't have candles burning and I caught her eating something with dairy. When I said that it had milk she said she isn't really allergic to milk she just avoids it to maintain her weight.

The other day my father said Shirley mentioned that they haven't been out to Elaine's home for dinner in over 2 years.

I see my dad all the time, but dealing with Shirley is getting to me. At Christmas we were all horrified to see that she made my dad put a clear plastic table covering over the tablecloth...that is another story and off topic. Sorry.

How about making a salad. I got a great recipe off of the Food Network thaat Paula Dean did. The dressing was cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and a dash of tabasco. The salad had frozen (thawed) corn, black beans, cherry tomatoes, romaine lettuce, avacado and pepper jack cheese which you could easily substitute chicken made in the DCB . This salad is so good and could show a few or tons of our products. I made this and really dried the lettuce with the salad spinner. I only added dressing to what I was eating and it stayed fresh looking for days.

Thai chicken Stir-fry...over rice...not spicy and I don't think it has any garlic in it. If it does, you could probably leave it out without anyone noticing.Good luck with this one...sounds like a peach!

I think even the name of some of these recipes is going to scare her away. :DI'd just do the 30 min chicken and a regular salad. Do you have the salad spinner and MMP? You can make one of the dressings listed on there. Is she concerned about her guests, or is this just her picky taste?

Keith, you are the bomb! I love your suggestions!

Yeah but the Italian Seasoning has garlic in it. You could always do a pork loin in the DCB and coleslaw made only with an apple cider vinaigrette. Wash and peel 4 potatoes and cube into 1" cubes. Peel and cut 6 carrots into 1" to 2" pieces. Nuke these first for about 5 minutes in the DCB. Lightly salt the pork loin. Place it on top of the veggies. Put all of them in the DCB and nuke it on high with the cover for 12 minutes. Test it with the Digital Thermometer until it reaches 155 for medium the 165 for well done. Let it stand about 10 minutes until it reaches 165 to 170 degrees. Slice and serve. I did this at a party I had in January for a bunch of ladies and they loved the simplicity of it. The coleslaw is as easy as buying the coleslaw mix already done. 1 part cider vinegar to three parts oil. I used 1/4 cup vinegar to 3/4 cups oil. Mix the coleslaw up though before you start the party so it has time to sit.

Last edited:
ChefBeckyD said:
What does she eat? That's just crazy.

I'd do a Potato And Lime Show!

(where you take a potato, and a lime, and you show all kinds of different tools and what they can do...without actually cooking anything.)

This is a really old document, and some of the tools referenced have been updated or discontinued...and we have some new tools that you could use too - like the citrus press - but this will give you an idea of what I'm talking about!

I think I like this idea PLUS the idea of asking her what she eats.
If you can't come up with anything to make then let her provide something for the guests to eat and just do the potato and lime thingy.
Sounds like she is on a diet - if she has a real dairy issue - she can replace the real dairy products with the soy or vegan products - that's what I do for myself personally. She can get the vegan cheese, sour cream, cream cheese all found at publix (tofuttii brand)..

these are the hardest to please - but once you get her figured out - the most appreciative :eek:

Related to How About a "Don't Make Anything With This" Show?

1. Can I still attend the "Don't Make Anything With This" show if I don't own any Pampered Chef products?

Yes! The "Don't Make Anything With This" show is open to everyone, regardless of whether you own Pampered Chef products or not. We encourage you to come and see the amazing things our products can do, but you are not required to bring anything with you.

2. Will I be able to purchase Pampered Chef products at the "Don't Make Anything With This" show?

Yes! Our consultants will have a variety of Pampered Chef products available for purchase at the show. You can also place an order for any products you are interested in and have them shipped directly to your home.

3. What types of recipes will be demonstrated at the "Don't Make Anything With This" show?

The recipes demonstrated at the "Don't Make Anything With This" show will vary depending on the consultant hosting the show. However, they will all showcase the versatility and functionality of Pampered Chef products. You can expect to see a variety of dishes, from appetizers to desserts.

4. Is the "Don't Make Anything With This" show free to attend?

Yes! The "Don't Make Anything With This" show is completely free to attend. There is no cost or obligation to purchase anything. We simply want to share the amazing benefits of our products with you.

5. Can I bring a friend or family member with me to the "Don't Make Anything With This" show?

Of course! We encourage you to bring friends, family, and anyone else who might be interested in learning more about Pampered Chef products. The more, the merrier!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • tinaglotzbach
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Candice
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies