• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hotmail Question: How to Un-Trash?

In summary, my friend sold PartyLite and I accidentally zapped her in hotmail. Now I am not seeing anything she sends. I'm miffed about losing the December event, but wondering what is going on that I can't see her messages even in the JUNK file in hotmail. Ideas?
scottcooks
Gold Member
A friend sells PartyLite and I mistakenly zapped her in hotmail "to trash" and now am not seeing anything she sends.

Not a huge problem, but it cost me one of my best December sales events--she had been trying to reach me for her annual open house, but I received nothing from her. The parts I don't understand were that I was trying to contact her and gave her several emails (she gets mine, I don't get hers) and at least 2 phone calls. I had even placed an order but never heard back from her what the total was, when it would arrive, anything.

I'm miffed about losing the December event, but wondering what is going on that I can't see her messages even in the JUNK file in hotmail. Ideas?:confused:

Do they have an FAQ section you can search? I don't have hotmail- so not sure, but I'd bet you aren't the first person to have this problem. Seems pretty strange that deleting an email would put it on some sort of block-list. You'd never be able to delete email from people then! Maybe if they don't have the specific question in the FAQ, you can email cust-support?

I use hotmail and just deleting a message shouldn't totally block a sender! Even mistakenly marking it as "junk" should simply move it to the junk folder when a new message arrives. You can move it out of the junk folder back to the inbox if you catch it in time - I think the junk folder gets emptied weekly. Is this person in your hotmail contacts? Are they on the blocked senders list? The blocked senders get auto-deleted.

I'll check if they're on a blocked senders list.

scottcooks said:
I'll check if they're on a blocked senders list.

Don't have Hotmail...but with Yahoo, you go to "options" and then go through your "blocked addresses". I once blocked my Hospitality Director and couldn't understand why I was suddenly no longer receiving her emails!!!

Check it out....

do you know what email provider she has? I have been having a problem with my mom's bluemarble account. she sends me emails but I don't see them. She contacted bluemarble and they said it was hotmail having very strict spam regulations. it doesn't make sense to me b/c i was getting her emails just find before. i have slowly been getting emails from her as they are trying to work out the glitch.

Found it!Options - More options - Safe and Blocked Senders - Blocked Senders.Thanks, all!

1. How can I retrieve an email that I accidentally deleted and then emptied from my Hotmail trash folder?

To un-trash an email in Hotmail, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Hotmail account.
2. Click on the "Deleted" folder on the left side of the screen.
3. Locate the email you want to retrieve.
4. Select the email by clicking the checkbox next to it.
5. Click on the "Move to" button at the top of the screen.
6. Choose which folder you want to move the email to, or select "Inbox" to move it back to your main inbox.
7. The email will now be moved out of the trash folder and back to its designated folder.

2. Can I recover emails that have been in my Hotmail trash folder for more than 30 days?

Unfortunately, emails that have been in the Hotmail trash folder for longer than 30 days cannot be recovered. Hotmail automatically deletes emails in the trash folder after 30 days to free up storage space. It is recommended to regularly check and empty your trash folder to avoid losing important emails.

3. Why can't I find the email I am looking for in my Hotmail trash folder?

If you are unable to find the email in your Hotmail trash folder, it is possible that it was permanently deleted. Hotmail automatically deletes emails in the trash folder after 30 days, but users also have the option to manually empty their trash folder. If you did not empty your trash folder manually, the email may have been permanently deleted due to a spam filter or other technical issue.

4. Can I retrieve an email that was marked as spam and then deleted from my Hotmail trash folder?

If an email was marked as spam and then deleted from the Hotmail trash folder, it cannot be retrieved. Hotmail automatically deletes emails in the trash folder after 30 days, and emails marked as spam are also permanently deleted. It is recommended to regularly check and un-mark any important emails that may have been mistakenly marked as spam.

5. Is there a way to automatically delete emails in my Hotmail trash folder after a certain amount of time?

Hotmail does not have a feature to automatically delete emails in the trash folder after a certain amount of time. However, you can manually set a time for your trash folder to be emptied by following these steps:
1. Log in to your Hotmail account.
2. Click on the gear icon in the top right corner.
3. Select "Options" from the drop-down menu.
4. In the left menu, click on "Mail" and then "Delete and Junk Email".
5. Under the "Automatic deletion" section, choose the time frame for when you want your trash folder to be emptied.
6. Click "Save" at the top of the page.
7. Your trash folder will now be automatically emptied after the selected time frame.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedberry
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedberry
  • mmilus
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pcjenkunkel