• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Gift to Consultant From Guests

In summary, the woman is more than an acquaintance but not quite a full-blooded friend to the speaker. She had to split the kitchen with her ex and is going to replace some cookware with the host special. Two of her friends bought her gift certificates for $30 apiece. She wants to know if she can use the $60 now (show is not closed yet) towards her host bonus and half price items. The speaker told her she may miss out on $25 in free products but she may not care if she gets to utilize the $60 now. If the customers paid the speaker by check, the speaker would just apply the payments to the host order. If the customers purchased the gift certificates off the speaker's show, the show
Kathy's_Kitchen
Gold Member
I had a show on Saturday for a recently divorced woman who is more than an acquaintance but not quite a full-blooded friend to me. She had to split the kitchen with her ex and is going to replace some cookware with the host special. Here is the issue: two of her friends bought her gift certificates for $30 apiece. She wants to know if she can use the $60 now (show is not closed yet) towards her host bonus and half price items....she emailed me that "I don't really have many other needs so it would be way better than me just finding something to buy (that I don't really need) after the certificates arrive." I told her I have to do some research (that's where all of you come in :) ) and let her know.

Right now the show sales are at $598.25 and she was planning on trying to collect some more outside orders. So unless she gets over $61.75 in outside orders, she will get $90 in free products versus the $115, plus I lose the commission on the $60 (which isn't much, but still....and the customers both paid by check so I don't have to worry about credit card issues). She was also out of work for about 6 weeks and has just started a new job today so money is a bit tight for her.

I would like other people's opinions on what to do...I am going to tell her she may miss out on $25 in free products but she may not care if she gets to utilize the $60 now....

TIA for any help!

if the customers paid you by check and this is what she wants to do, I would just apply those payments to the host order. To redeem the gc's later on, she has to go through HO and pay direct shipping--it's a real PITA.

If they purchased the gift certificates off her show - her show hasn't been submitted and then the gift certificates aren't valid yet.

I would let her use it toward her cookware (I am reading that they "bought" gift certificates at her show so they haven't been submitted to HO yet and instead of ordering the GC's you would use their money toward the host special - right?). Helping her out at this time will give you a satisfied customer who will come back to you for additional shows and orders when things are better for her. She'll also recommend you if someone asks her if she knows a PC consultant.

DebbieJ said:
if the customers paid you by check and this is what she wants to do, I would just apply those payments to the host order. To redeem the gc's later on, she has to go through HO and pay direct shipping--it's a real PITA.

I agree with Debbie. Make the host happy and let her get what she wants...it will bless you in the long run, I promise!

That's pretty much what I was leaning towards but am glad to have concurrence. Thanks, everyone!

What is the typical gift amount for a consultant from guests?

The typical gift amount for a consultant from guests can vary, but a good rule of thumb is to give a gift that is equivalent to the cost of hosting a party. This could range from $20 to $100 depending on the size and type of party.

Can I give a gift to my consultant even if I did not attend the party?

Yes, you can still give a gift to your consultant even if you did not attend the party. Many guests choose to do this as a way to thank their consultant for their hard work and to show their appreciation for the products.

What are some popular gift options for consultants?

Some popular gift options for consultants include kitchen gadgets, cookware, and other Pampered Chef products. You could also consider giving a gift card to the consultant's favorite restaurant or store.

Should I give the gift directly to my consultant or to the host of the party?

You can choose to give the gift directly to your consultant or to the host of the party. If you are attending the party, it is appropriate to give the gift directly to the consultant. If you are unable to attend, you can give the gift to the host to pass along to the consultant.

Is it necessary to give a gift to my consultant?

No, it is not necessary to give a gift to your consultant. It is always appreciated, but not expected. If you are unable to give a gift, a thoughtful thank-you note or positive review of the consultant's services is also a great way to show your appreciation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lexif424
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Lifeat50
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • 2crazyboys