• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosts Who Have "Done Shows Before".

In summary, the host coach tells the host that he knows what to do and that the host should just listen to him. The host tells the host coach that he has hosted shows before and knows what to do. The host coach says that the hosts should pass out a flyer that tells the guests about the new benefits that PC has to offer.
AJPratt
Silver Member
What do you say to host coach hosts who tell you "I know what to do, I've had shows before." I give these ladies the benefit of the doubt and the funny thing is... these people have the worst attendance.

I ask them if I can "practice" my host coaching on them and could they give me their honest opinion on how to make my coaching better. That way it gets the information to them without offending them and you could end up with a tip or two!

I usually say "As you know, okay...just humor me and hear me out..." then give my coaching speach, I find that by saying "as you know" that it will give the host a little chest puffer because I have told them that they are so smart in the begining ;) . Most of my hosts have choosen to host a show again because they like the way I do things and they know that I am different when they book the show so...I usually don't have a problem. I also do a lot of "I have found that calling the guests who haven't RSVP'd two days before the show and calling the guests who have one day before the show works best for attendance"...when I use the "I have found" statement, they seem to take my advice better than without saying that.

I am having brain issues so I hope that didn't sound to jumbled...having one of those days!

Great Opportunity Here!!Sounds like a great way to talk to her about becoming a consultant! I would say something like this "Wow, Sally! How many shows have you hosted? You probably could do my job blindfolded! Have you ever thought of becoming a consultant rather than a host? That way you could earn even more free product!" I'd maybe share with her the different types of consultants and how some people do it as a hobby, some do it part-time and some do it as a full-time career -- there's a great flyer on here called "Recipe for Success" that talks about that.

Beth in PA

Don't believe them!!I never believe anyone who says this. Oh I'm sure they have hosted a show before but I don't believe they know every single benefit by heart. And I don't know how long ago they hosted a show, now we have 4 half price items, and the booking benefit.
So I just say:
"Well that's great! You know how much fun the shows are and how yummy the food is, but we have some new benefits to offer our hosts, so let me just quickly share those with you so you're aware of all PC has to offer you."

It's very rare you will have a host say "I already knew that!" :rolleyes:

But if you do just say
"Well I have a host trivia sheet I give out to my hosts who say they already know all the benefits. If you can answer all the questions right before the show (3 minutes), without any help from the catalogs or notes, I will give you a FREE prize from my goody bag!"

Hope you enjoy the trivia sheet!! I have never had a host who told me they knew all the benefits get them all right! I have only done this trivia with 3 hosts. It was fun when they handed me the sheet and said
Host #1 "Ok now I'll listen and be quiet!"
Host #2 "Was this in my packet?"
Host #3 "Well thank you for going over this with me even after I told you I knew it, because I still don't remember half of what you said!"

LOL :p :p
Debbie :D

Attachments

• HOST BENEFIT QUIZ.doc
    59 KB · Views: 537
DebbieSAChef said:
I never believe anyone who says this. Oh I'm sure they have hosted a show before but I don't believe they know every single benefit by heart..."Well that's great! You know how much fun the shows are and how yummy the food is, but we have some new benefits to offer our hosts, so let me just quickly share those with you so you're aware of all PC has to offer you."

I like that advice. The problem isn't with people who have had PC shows before, just any kind of home show. I usually get, "Yes, yes I've done lost of parties before. I know what to do." That kind of comment is hard for me to respond to.

I hope I'm not stepping on toes but.....

That flyer is awesome! And as I was reading it I got the thought that maybe it could be used at shows as an open book test game. I'm thinking I may use it by passing it out to guests at the beginning of the show and let them know that I'll be giving the answers to each question and if they pay attention they they can get them all right. Whoever gets 100% will recieve a prize!
I think it will help with getting bookings as the idea and understanding of all the rewards is right there and stays with them throughout the show.
Thanks for sharing it!:D

barbchan said:
I hope I'm not stepping on toes but.....

That flyer is awesome! And as I was reading it I got the thought that maybe it could be used at shows as an open book test game. I'm thinking I may use it by passing it out to guests at the beginning of the show and let them know that I'll be giving the answers to each question and if they pay attention they they can get them all right. Whoever gets 100% will recieve a prize!
I think it will help with getting bookings as the idea and understanding of all the rewards is right there and stays with them throughout the show.
Thanks for sharing it!:D

What an awesome idea! Sometimes I feel like a robot when I go over host benefits - this will make it fun!

It will make it fun. I think I might do it in my show Thursday.

Great idea!That's a great idea to share host benefits with everyone.
I also do this at my show while I am doing my demo.
I ask everyone to write 3 products with prices on the back of their order form that they would order today if money were no object!
Then after my demo they are usually done and we go over the benefits while the food is cooking.
I ask them to total up their products!
I have women shouting $110, another shouts $400, another shouts $85, another shouts $500, etc
Well then you can now ask them to flip their catalogs to page 47 and run through the benefits with them.
"Ok I know some of you picked some cookware sets that's why I heard $400 or $500 totals, and as you can we have a GREAT special on the back just for hosts. Getting all 12 pieces of cookware for $285 is cheaper than just paying full price!! Think lifetime guarantee! What a smart investment!

Our husband's can buy a tool for hundreds of dollars to fix a window or something in the house one time, surely we can invest in our kitchen where we find ourselves almost everyday!!!

Now depending on sales you can get all your items FREE! Someone shouted $85, all you would have to do is gather $500 in orders and at your show to get $90 FREE and 2 half price items with a 25 percent discount. Another shouted $125 all you would have to do is gather $700 to get $140 in FREE product value, with 3 half price items, and 25 percent off. Considering an average order is $35 that would only be 15-20 orders. How many of us know that many people we could ask to order from us? We know so many people if we really think about it. Think about friends and family first. Then think co-workers, your husband's co-workers, parents at your children's school, parents at little league, parents at PTA, neighbors, and don't forget about staff at the doctor's office and dentist office.
Pampered Chef gives great benefits to our hosts so please take advantage of them for yourself. I have these dates available for a show (I point to a sheet I print out from my computer.) Please come put your name by the date you would like. Then I will get you a host packet. Your job is to invite the guests and select your FREE and half price items, the rest is up to me! Doesn't that sound fun and easy? Then I get questions and talk about catalog shows also! It seems long written down but it only takes about 10 minutes to go through. My wreath takes about 20-25 minutes to bake.

Now let's play a quick game!! Then I play the auction game which is them trying to earn play money to win prizes! A big part of earning money is falling under one or more of my qualifications:
Host a show earn $500 today!
Host a catalog show earn $400 today!
Hosted a show before, earn $200 today!
Become a consultant today earn $700!
Place an order today earn $100!

Whatever else you would like to add!! But make it more beneficial for those placing orders and hosting shows!!
Then auction off the prizes! Here is the first prize bag, do I hear $100? Ok $100, do I hear $200!!! And so on until they are all gone!!
Have fun and remember it's their loss if they don't want to host a show, or to hear about the great benefits!!
Debbie

I forgot somethingI forgot to add that since they are writing these products on the back of their order form.
I can refer back to them whenever we have something as a host special for a certain month that they wanted.
Makes a great incentive to host a show!!
Debbie

So, I am disappointed to say that my philosophy rang true last night. Had a host who even though she said she had done shows before, gave her a packet and went over it. She had FOUR people attend. Total is at $300, and I'm sure there are outside orders, but more important than the money, is getting in front of people and getting additional bookings and recruits.

What a bummer, hopefully it will turn out better and you will get some more orders or bookings.

I am having a show tomorrow with a former host and it sounds like she has followed my advice and she has 18 confirmed, yikes! Her last show she held was 3 years ago and was $1800...so, we will see what happens.

I have a show this weekend that only has 4-5 attending but the host gathered 14 outside orders. Yay!

I like the idea of doing the pop quiz at shows! I just had a creative memories party and I picked out what I wanted in the catalog, and found that I needed to have a $1200 show to get what I wanted. With CM it is a LOT harder to get that large of a show because everything is so inexpensive. So I just gave up and had a whopping $99 show.
I think I am going to give everyone this pop quiz, then have them fill out the 50 in 5. Then you could say "You know what you get, and you have the list of people to invite, so all you have to do is pick which monthly special you want at 60 percent off!" If I had a list of people to invite to my CM get-together maybe my sales would have been better, plus we are at another advantage in that everyone cooks, not everyone scrapbooks.

Well my host who has hosted before came through for me!! We are currently at $890 and will more than likely crack $1000 (this will be my 13th $1000 show if we do!) and I got 4 bookings, actually on the calendar bookings, 2 registries, 1 bridal shower and another booking lead and a fundraiser lead and 2 recruit leads...now that is what I call a great show!!! Woohoo, yeah me!!

Oh, and 2 of the bookings are for June, now I have 4 shows for June and it's the most that I have had in one month since I moved to MO over 18 months ago!!!

Andrea, all I can say is:

Yeah You!!!:D

That is amazing!!! I just came back from a 4-H event and I have 3 yes's to do a show, 8 maybe's, and I have a prize sheet "on a scale of 1-10" about earning $20 an hour to start and I have 3 10's on it! I am so excited!

Yeah You Too!!!

Doesn't it feel great?!?!?!

Anne,

That's great. What kind of sheet do you use to get this information from your guests? Do you have a copy that you could possibly post that I could see and maybe use?

That's such a positive response, it's actually encouraging.

Thanks

Andrea-- you're so funny!

What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef show if I've done one before?

Hosting a show with Pampered Chef is always a fun and rewarding experience! If you've done a show before, you already know the benefits. You can earn free and discounted products, get exclusive discounts as a host, and have a great time with your friends and family while learning new recipes and kitchen tips.

Do I have to invite the same guests if I've hosted a Pampered Chef show before?

No, you don't have to invite the same guests if you've hosted a show before. It's always a good idea to invite new people, as they might be interested in trying out Pampered Chef products or hosting a show themselves. Plus, it's a great opportunity to introduce your friends and family to new recipes and kitchen tools.

Can I still earn rewards if I've hosted a show before?

Yes, you can still earn rewards if you've hosted a show before. Our host rewards program is designed to reward our hosts for their hard work, regardless of how many times they've hosted a show. You can earn free and discounted products based on your show's sales, as well as exclusive discounts on our products.

What can I do to make my second Pampered Chef show different from the first one?

There are many ways to make your second Pampered Chef show different and exciting! You can choose a different theme, try out new recipes, or invite different guests. You can also ask your consultant for new tips and ideas to make your show unique and fun for everyone.

Do I have to use the same consultant if I've hosted a show before?

No, you don't have to use the same consultant if you've hosted a show before. While it's always great to work with a consultant you know and trust, you can also try working with a different consultant for a fresh perspective. Our consultants are all trained and knowledgeable about our products, so you can expect a great experience no matter who you work with.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampchef.angel