• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting an Effective Auction Game at Your Party - Tips and Tricks

In summary, if you want to host a show with Pampered Chef, you'll need to get a box of 'Bucks' from the consultant and then setup with some items. At the show, participants can earn money by either picking up boxes or by answering questions. There is also the option to book a show with the consultant.
murkey
I am inspired by this idea in this thread http://www.chefsuccess.com/f2/play-pampered-chef-dollars-46074/ but the actual auction details were not really outlined.

Can someone please go into further detail as to how to run, setup and hold the auction?? I just don't have enough minutia to fully grasp how to do this and I really, really want to! LOL

thank you!

I'm really excited to start using this at my shows! I'm still working out the details but this is what I understood so far and how I've tweaked it to make me happy: Also attaching labels I made up for my hostess who is having an adult only kids in the kitchen show. She will put the labels on the front of the postcards.

Setup: little box's from dollar store with different things in each: notes saying things like: You host a show, get half off shipping, $2 off your order, pick 4 twixit clips, free seasons best cookbook etc. I may also add: earn an extra $5 off when you hold your show... plus each box will have an extra amount of auction bucks.

I will set boxes on a table off to the side.

I will let them know we will be auctioning off 4 products: My safe cutter, Seasons best cookbook and bamboo spoon set, citrus peeler.

I will also explain in the beg. how they can earn more points:
Ask a question: $1,000
Answer a question about a product: $5,000
Share with us your favorite pampered Chef Product $1,000
Book a show: $10,000
Place an order: $10,000

At the end of the show each participant gets to pick a box but not open it. Each person will then get a chance to book a show, if they book before opening they get to double what is in their box. If their box says book a show they will also get a product that I've not decided on yet.

Everyone opens their box and we start the auction. I will auction off each of the 4 products and then we are done.

Attachments

• lables.doc
    54 KB · Views: 402
awesome! thank you!

I'm the one who started the thread. I went to another company's show this week and was inspired when she booked 4 shows with only 6 in attendance! The invitation came in the mail with $ amounts listed for things. I make full-size invitations for my hosts (I can't make it attach, but I'd be glad to email it to anyone that would like to see) I modified my $ to be worth:

You’ll learn how to make a delicious Appetizer that is perfect for any holiday celebration. And see some creative ways to make gift giving easier than ever before!
Earn Lockhart Bucks for an auction. Earn more $ at the show
$1000 RSVP
$3000 For each outside order you bring or for each friend you bring
$5000 Call consultant before show and schedule your own cooking or catalog show
$10,000 start your own PC business
$1000 Be on time to show
$1000 bring your invitation with you

Hand out the $ as they enter. Start the show and show what you will be auctioning off: I'm doing the pink 1 cup measure all, an old season's best, and a goody bag with orange peeler, pan scrapers and a whip cancer pin. (The show I went to had a candle, a name brand airfreshener and a notepad) Believe it or not, women were eager to answer questions, be the first with a question, etc. to earn these simple things. Throughout my show I'm giving dollars for asking questions about the business (not product), when they can answer recall questions about things like the covered baker (microwave, oven, fridge- 30 min. chiken, 60% off for hosts this month), finding products I demo in the catalog, etc.

The consultant (other company) had us all fill out our order form and then pick a pretty box but couldn't open it. She told us that all the boxes had her $bucks in them and 1 or 2 other things: free product, dollars off your order or 50% of them said "you're having a show with me". You would then be scheduling a show with her. You had the option of taking a chance and opening your box (one at a time), putting the box back and passing, or if you knew you already wanted a home show, you could double what was inside (no you don't have to do 2 shows!). Out of 6 guests, 1 doubled hers (and it didn't even end up saying do a show), 2 said "you're having a show" and booked, and one chanced it and "you're doing a show" was in it. I chanced it and got $3000 bucks and $2 off my order. I've modified this by putting in a slip taped in the lid that say $ amounts on all of them "you're having a show", free spice of your choice, free cookbook, free gift. I'm trying this out this Saturday. I was amazed at how simple an idea worked so well. People could have said no, but they didn't! (Catalog shows didn't count for this consultant unless you also booked a home show in January) I'm using this box idea to book my January full. I'm excited to share the results. I hope this answers the question.
At the end of the show have someone start the bidding off "I'll bid $5,000 for the pink measure all, I'll do $7,000 etc. going once, twice, you got it" No combining $ with each other you are all working for yourself.

This consultant with the other company had everyone fill out the order form

awesome!! Thank you sooo much for spending the time to clarify! I got those purse gift bags at the dollar store today, along with some cool notepads and organic cleaning mitts that I want to use in addition to the PC items. I am so excited!!! Thank you!!

1. What is the "Auction Game in Party"?

The "Auction Game in Party" is a fun and interactive game designed by Pampered Chef to add excitement to your party. It involves bidding on various kitchen tools and gadgets, with the highest bidder winning the item at a discounted price.

2. How do I participate in the "Auction Game in Party"?

To participate in the "Auction Game in Party", simply attend a Pampered Chef party and let the consultant know that you would like to join the game. They will provide you with a bidding paddle and explain the rules of the game.

3. What types of items are typically auctioned in the game?

The items auctioned in the game can vary, but they are typically popular kitchen tools and gadgets from the Pampered Chef catalog. This can include items such as cookware, bakeware, utensils, and kitchen appliances.

4. How much do the items usually sell for in the auction?

The items in the auction are sold at a discounted price, usually ranging from 10-50% off the retail price. The final price depends on the bids from the participants.

5. Is there a limit to how many items I can bid on in the "Auction Game in Party"?

There is no limit to how many items you can bid on in the game. However, keep in mind that you are responsible for paying for the items you win in the auction, so bid wisely!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jendill
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Sk8Mom209