• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting a Demo/Purse Party: Tips for Success!

I did one the other day that was more of an open house. The host had her own business, a puse/wallet lady and me. She ad a spot in the living room, I had the kitchen counters and table, and the purse wallet person had the entry way and living room. It worked out well. Noone took a time to do a big demo, we did mini demos for the people that visited the tables. I had food out for sampling and then discussed some of the products, and answered any questions. I did the clubhouse chicken squares, because I was able to make them and let them chill first. I love them when they are cold. I
mpkegley
I have a show coming up where it will be a combo show with a purse party. I have been to a purse party and I know that they will scatter purses, wallets, etc anywhere that is bare (all over the floor, etc). Where in the world am I going to put my stuff and do my demo? I know that this could either be a great show or be a big flop, but I am not going to tell the host that I will not do it and then she just find someone else. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can pull this off?

Be sure your get there early, bring a table OR TWO with you, and stake a claim to the space that you'll need.

Doesn't sound like a prime opportunity to demo so you may want to concentrate on having a pretty display. Think holiday entertaining and/or gift giving. Don't forget to bring a stone (or two -- do you have the Deep Covered Baker) to get folks interested in having a January show where they and their guests can save on stones.

Were there plans for food? If so, I'd have it ready when people arrive so you can draw them to your display with something tasty. By the way, the Cranberry-Fizz in the current Season's Best is wonderful and festive. It could provide an easy draw to your area.

Yes, she has picked the Jerk Chicken Nachos for her recipe. So, I was already planning on having them ready before the show starts. That is a good idea to make the Cranberry-fizz too. That way they can come by my table and get food and drink. Not to mention, having a pretty display! Thanks for your ideas.

Mary~

Make sure you have discussed it with the host and see what her ideas are about the party.

Can you get the other consultant's phone number? That way you and she can talk a bit and have a "plan" of who talks first, etc. Hopefully going about it that way will help so you aren't stepping on each others toes!

Good luck!

I did one the other day that was more of an open house. The host had her own business, a puse/wallet lady and me. She ad a spot in the living room, I had the kitchen counters and table, and the purse wallet person had the entry way and living room. It worked out well. Noone took a time to do a big demo, we did mini demos for the people that visited the tables. I had food out for sampling and then discussed some of the products, and answered any questions. I did the clubhouse chicken squares, because I was able to make them and let them chill first. I love them when they are cold.
Definitely talk to the host and see what she is expecting or planning and go from their. It can work.
Have fun!

Keri-Lyn,

Do you mind if I ask what you sales were? I have something similar coming up and I don't know if I can expect much in sales or if I should concentrate mainly on getting some bookings from the event.

pcrae said:
Keri-Lyn,

Do you mind if I ask what you sales were? I have something similar coming up and I don't know if I can expect much in sales or if I should concentrate mainly on getting some bookings from the event.

That is what I am wondering too. If I end up doing no demo, I am worried that the sales won't be very good. I only have 2 shows in December, so I would like to have really good sales at these shows.

Related to Hosting a Demo/Purse Party: Tips for Success!

1. How can I host a successful demo/purse party?

To host a successful demo/purse party, it is important to plan ahead and promote your party to friends and family. You can also offer incentives for attendees, such as discounts or free products, to encourage them to attend. Additionally, make sure to have a variety of products on display and provide interactive demonstrations to keep guests engaged.

2. How long should a demo/purse party typically last?

A demo/purse party typically lasts around 2-3 hours. This gives enough time for guests to socialize, browse products, and participate in demonstrations. However, the length can vary depending on the number of attendees and the amount of products being showcased.

3. What type of products are typically featured at a demo/purse party?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen and cooking products, including cookware, bakeware, and kitchen tools. These are often the main focus of a demo/purse party. However, you can also include a variety of other products such as home decor, cleaning supplies, and personal care items to appeal to a wider audience.

4. What are some tips for maximizing sales at a demo/purse party?

To maximize sales at a demo/purse party, it is important to create a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere for your guests. Offer refreshments and encourage them to sample products. You can also offer special deals or discounts for those who make a purchase at the party. Lastly, make sure to follow up with attendees after the party to thank them and offer any additional support.

5. Can I host a demo/purse party online?

Yes, you can host a demo/purse party online through video conferencing platforms or social media. This can be a great option for those who are unable to attend an in-person party or for reaching a wider audience. Make sure to still plan and promote your party as you would for an in-person event, and provide clear instructions for how guests can purchase products online.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hlynn424
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Nightschild24
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies