• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Hostess Gifts Be Changed Retroactively for Repeat Hosts?

In summary, Jennifer's recruiter told her that the host/guest specials are available for 30 days after a show. However, she is not sure if she understood correctly and would like someone to clarify. The only way she can get the August host special is to have a booking from her June show.
pamperedmom24
I have a host from June who ordered the rectangular server as the hostess gift. Now she says she wants the knives and wants to know if she holds a show in July can I make the hostess gift from June count. My recruiter mentioned something about the host/guest specials being available for 30 days after a show but I'm not sure I understood her correctly. I haven't spoken with her in about 6 months so was hoping someone here could help.

Thanks

Jennifer

The only way she can get the knies at 60% is if the show is dated for June.

I think your recruiter was trying to indicate that you have until the end of the next calendar month to submit a show with the host and guest specials (for example, you'd have until the end of July to submit a show with a June date).

In order for your host to get the steak knives as a host special, the show date would have to be June.

Wait - She had her show in June - but wants the AUGUST host special???
Sorry - that is not possible! Yes, the host special is completely tied to the date of the show. Yes, she can get the June host special in July - but only as part of the show when you close it.
For instance - she had a show June 25 - but closes the show July 2nd.....she would still get the June Host Special.
There isn't a clause where you can "trade in" your monthly host special for one you like better. The only 2 ways she can get the August Host Special are to :

1. Host a Cooking or Catalog Show in August

OR

2. Have a booking from her June show (That was recorded with her show when it closed) that hosts a show in August - she, as the past host, can then also get the August Host Special.

I'm sorry that your director doesn't communicate with you - that makes it so difficult with all of these questions when you are starting out.
Hope this helps - and if you have more ??'s regarding this or anything else - feel free to ask!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

oops! Steak Knives! I guess I am so past June already, and focused on August - I wasn't even thinking about the steak knives being part of the June Host Bonus!

Sorry!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yes, it is July so she can still hold a June catalog show to get them but that is about it...

And - here is an interesting little item I just discovered.....you can only use 10 "figures" in your posts! I had 12 " :eek: " in my previous post - and I got a message telling me I had to correct it to only 10 before I could post!

Okay, she can do a catalog show and date it in June - that is legal. If she wants to do a cooking show, she must date it in the month (preferrably on the day) it is held. Make sense? Get her going on collecting orders!!! Did she book off herself? If she did, she can get two June host specials - a set of 8 steak knives!

Thanks everyone, very helpful information. If she really wants the knives from June she'll have that catalog show. Works better for me anyway her cooking show was a disaster!!! Only 2 guests showed up after switching dates on me twice, then didn't know how to work microwave or oven. Had her pre-heat the oven for me while I did my demo, went to put it in the oven and it was cold!!! She ended up holding the show open for a month to collect as many orders as possible, gave one of her guests a free seasoning because she was mad that it was taking so long to get her products, and now this...yes a catalog show is the only way to go!

Jennifer

As I understand it, though, it won't count towards the sell-a-thon.

That is true. July Sell-a-thon sales are only from July shows.

1. Can I still receive the host special if I have already hosted a party?

Unfortunately, the host specials are only available for parties that are held during the specified time frame. They cannot be applied retroactively to previous parties.

2. Do I need to reach a certain sales amount to qualify for the host special?

Yes, in order to be eligible for the host special, your party must reach a minimum sales amount. This amount varies depending on the current host special and will be outlined in your party information packet.

3. Can I combine the host special with other discounts or promotions?

The host special cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotions. However, you can still earn free and discounted products through our regular host rewards program.

4. What happens if my party is cancelled or rescheduled?

If your party is cancelled or rescheduled, the host special will no longer be available. However, you may still have the opportunity to earn free and discounted products through our regular host rewards program.

5. Can I choose the host special I want for my party?

The host special is predetermined by Pampered Chef and is subject to change. However, we always strive to offer exciting and valuable host specials for our party hosts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered.chris
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Chefgailb