• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Gift Ideas: What to Put in Your Bag

I don't really have anything else to say. No, I don't think it is too much. Our host program IS wonderful, but I always give my host something extra. It not only shows that I appreciate that they are having the show, but the other guests see this appreciation as well and know that they will get something extra at their show as well.
Tig
What do you put in your host gift baggie??

I do not do a baggie per se. But I always give the host a current Seasons Best and have all the guests sign it and then just a little something I find on the outlet or if I have an extra of something.

I only did a host gift for my very first show. She got a SB, a mini whipper and a citrus peeler (and soap for being a charter host).
I think our host program is good enough. I know it's way better than other direct sales company's. I have done specials though. Like to help get bookings in April I was offering the collapsible bowl for just one dollar (and I was making up the other $9).
And this month I am giving all hosts a HWC pin.

giftslots of people promote the SBRC.

I have made up small packages (mini whipper, citrus peeler, nylon scraper), but I stopped doing that - although I am not sure why - my hosts LOVED it.

I give the host a raw chicken!!!
I do :) It is in the Deep Covered baker and I present it as a gift at the beginning of the show. then I cook it up while I do my Regular demo.
Considering I have been selling 3-4 at each show that is one heck of a present! For both of us :D

pampermejolene said:
I only did a host gift for my very first show. She got a SB, a mini whipper and a citrus peeler (and soap for being a charter host).
I think our host program is good enough. I know it's way better than other direct sales company's. I have done specials though. Like to help get bookings in April I was offering the collapsible bowl for just one dollar (and I was making up the other $9).
And this month I am giving all hosts a HWC pin.
Total hijack but I FORGOT ABOUT THE HWC PINS! I had two shows this weekend and didn't bring them with me. Last year I offered a free pin to anyone who bought two or more HWC products. UGH!

I give the SB at the beginning of my show to my host and talk about how it makes a great gift. I know it's only a $1 but I usually get several people who add on. $1 adds up after a while, right?

Wow, its double that price here for a SB cookbook, $2. Even tho the exchange rate has been sitting on par with the US. That bites! Maybe I should do some shopping in the US catalogue lol.

minersmix said:
I do not do a baggie per se. But I always give the host a current Seasons Best and have all the guests sign it and then just a little something I find on the outlet or if I have an extra of something.

I do the same with the SB and it goes over very well! I do not give an extra gift.

Yes, our host program IS wonderful, but I always give my host something extra. It not only shows that I appreciate that they are having the show, but the other guests see this appreciation as well and know that they will get something extra at their show as well.
I do give a SB with a twix-it clip attached to the corner and I also have them "autograph" it like a year book for the host. Sometimes I give my host something extra like a package of thank you notes, or a small candle....something that I've found for a really great deal of course (like a $1 or less) and they are always excited for the extra goodie!!

I give all my hosts an i-Slice. It helps me highlight a product that usually no one every notices in the catalog.

When the dip mix was available, I put a label w/directions on each packet. I placed one packet & one small bamboo spoon in a small SA bowl. I placed them in clear cellophane bag & tied w/ribbon. I purchased them when a host had a big discount plus got commission back on them. I only spent about $6 per host which I don't think is too much. I did cut back when sales dropped (gas & oil prices are killing us around here). Then I gave whatever little PC thing I had around. The last host got a prep bowl w/M&Ms, SB & kit credit coupon in gift bag. She loved it! I think that is what I'm going to start giving. I think that it is important to give a nice host gift. It shows appreciation & helps build a relationship.

I give the SBRC to each hostess and raffle one off at each show, though I usually raffle off a past one until they are gone from my "stash". If the hostess booked her date from my "freebie" dates (like a booking tree w/o the tree) they get that gift also, and if they have high sales and the 60% off bonus is cheap I will pay for that also. In April I had a $1400 show and so she got the "freebie", sbrc and salad spinner from me.
I agree that PC gives great benefits, but whenever I host from another company, they always give me something extra too...so...I think it helps the hostess feel appreciated!

pampered.chris said:
I think it helps the hostess feel appreciated!

I agree! It is a nice little gesture.

Koolotus said:
I give the host a raw chicken!!!
I do :) It is in the Deep Covered baker and I present it as a gift at the beginning of the show. then I cook it up while I do my Regular demo.
Considering I have been selling 3-4 at each show that is one heck of a present! For both of us :D

Is the chicken for the host to enjoy later or do the guest at the show dig in?

I actually place an order every few months for prep bowls - that covers 6 shows - I then fill them with hershey kisses or maybe theme chocolates (like pink for May) and wrap it up in a plastic bag - cute ribbon and my business card - its the first product I talk about as I thank Suzy Hostess for having me in her home - If a friend of mine has a show I add them to her discounted merchandise and It doesn't cost me much in the long run between her discount and my commission - the kisses I get at BJ's or Costco - the big bag fills about 12 - 15 prep bowls!!

I used to do a "gift bag" - I got little gift bags at the Dollar Tree (3 for $1) and stuffed them with a Citrus Peeler, Quickut Paring Knife and iSlice, and some tissue to fluff it. Then I'd also give a SB. I found that I was spending WAY too much money on the little gifts, and most people were thrilled with just the SB anyway, so about a year or so ago, I scaled back and just give the SB. If money is no object, go ahead and fill a bag full of stuff. But, if you're like most of us and doing this to make money, then do something small but thoughtful (like the SB) and be consistent. HTH!

Usually the host shares her gift with her guests. I present the chicken as a gift, but the real gift is the 130-260 extra in sales I probably just got her :)

PamperedDor said:
I actually place an order every few months for prep bowls - that covers 6 shows - I then fill them with hershey kisses or maybe theme chocolates (like pink for May) and wrap it up in a plastic bag - cute ribbon and my business card - its the first product I talk about as I thank Suzy Hostess for having me in her home - If a friend of mine has a show I add them to her discounted merchandise and It doesn't cost me much in the long run between her discount and my commission - the kisses I get at BJ's or Costco - the big bag fills about 12 - 15 prep bowls!!

I really like that idea! I guess each bowl winds up costing you just $3'ish.

Hmmm - Basically about 3 each - between that and good host coaching - you make up for it - And if the show is over 1000 - when I send the computer generated receipts and thank you letter to the host, I stick in a SB - keeps me fresh in their minds!!

I give an SBRC at the show, that I have everyone sign. I used to give bigger gifts, but was spending more than I needed to, and not seeing a return on that investment. Giving a smaller gift also makes the business more attractive to the guests, as they don't think that they'll spend all their money on host gifts. (You should always make your business easily duplicatable to appeal to prospective recruits.)

What are some popular host gift ideas?

Some popular host gift ideas include kitchen gadgets, cookware sets, baking mixes, serving platters, and gift cards to a cooking or kitchen supply store.

How much should I spend on a host gift?

The amount you spend on a host gift should depend on your budget and your relationship with the host. It is typically recommended to spend between $20-$50 on a host gift.

Can I personalize the host gift?

Yes, you can personalize the host gift by adding a handwritten note or customizing the gift with the host's name or initials. Pampered Chef also offers personalized options for some of our products.

Do you have any budget-friendly host gift ideas?

Yes, we have many budget-friendly host gift ideas, such as kitchen tools and gadgets under $20, or mini versions of our popular products. You can also consider making a homemade gift, such as a batch of cookies or jarred mix.

Can I purchase host gifts from Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can purchase host gifts from Pampered Chef through our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. We offer a variety of kitchen and cooking products that make great host gifts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ldynred7
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • Shelbi
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies