• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Home During the Day and Need Advice

In summary, the expert recommends making calls between 10 am and 2 pm, depending on if the person is at work or not. They also recommend asking if the person is interruptible before calling.
pamperedpals
Gold Member
I'm going to be home tomorrow with my boys and I thought I would do some customer care calls.

I need advice on when would be a good time to call people? Mind you, I'm typically at work M-F, 7:00 am - 5:00 pm and don't make calls until the evening. So I'm not used to calling during the day. Don't even do it on the weekends. :)

I was thinking of calling when the little ones were down at naptime.:indif: When do you make calls during the day?

Any help would be appreciated. You would think I would know how to make calls. :)

I wouldn't call too early in case people aren't back to school yet - I personally loathe anyone who calls me before 9 am - esp. in the summer (I don't mind during the school year) and I swear I have the same solicitors who call at 8 am every morning - drives me crazy! I would shoot for 10 am - 2 pm - if kids are in school - most SAHM are usually home during this time (at least that's what I've found) - depends on how well you know your customers. A call at any time is better than no call!

If I make calls during the day, I usually make them from 11-4.

I would say anytime after 10. It all depends on what they're doing and if they have little ones but if you call closer to 10 you might catch a few more at home. I know I rarely leave the house before 11:30 unless I have an appointment or meeting.

pamperedpals said:
I was thinking of calling when the little ones were down at naptime.:indif:

Just my own $.02, I HATE when I get calls during nap time. That is the only time that I have to get things done without two little ones clawing at me and constantly calling me. I much prefer calls when they are awake so that I can have "me time" while they are sleeping.

That being said, I don't think that you will find any "perfect" time to call. The best thing to do is come up with the best time for you and then ask if it's a good time for them when they answer.

HTH!

There is never a perfect time. I make calls from 9-9 every day! Whenever I can fit them in is when they get done! :) I always ask if I've caught them at an okay time and if I get a yes, we forge ahead!

I personally don't even bother answering the phone when I know I can't talk. Just because the phone rings, doesn't mean it needs answering! So if you catch someone at a bad time, don't feel like you are bothering them! They were the ones who picked up the phone in the first place!

DebbieJ said:
There is never a perfect time. I make calls from 9-9 every day! Whenever I can fit them in is when they get done! :) I always ask if I've caught them at an okay time and if I get a yes, we forge ahead!

I personally don't even bother answering the phone when I know I can't talk. Just because the phone rings, doesn't mean it needs answering! So if you catch someone at a bad time, don't feel like you are bothering them! They were the ones who picked up the phone in the first place!
Great advice! I too make sure that I ask if it's a good time and get a time to call back if it's not.

I personally have trouble not answering the phone but with caller id I can at least tell myself "this call isn't an emergency so I'll call them back when it's a better time" or "finally this person is getting back to me I have to take this one." - That being said, I rarely don't answer. lol

One of the gems I collected at NC was that the best time to make calls is when it works for you. Nap times are different in different households. Meal times are different. My general rule of thumb is between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. (I usually try to get them done before 8 p.m., though, so I don't interrupt someone's favorite tv show.)When they answer I tell them who I am and ask, "Are you interruptible?" If so, I go on. If not, I ask for a convenient time to call back.

How much answering goes on during the day? I have considered it but I have sort of assumed that MOST people are not in the same boat as me- at home all day long? Am I wrong about this? I will absolutely start making daytime calls if you tell me that any kind of significant portion of people answer the phone. It would be buckets easier than trying to orchestrate evening calling.

Alison

I ask everyone for daytime numbers at my shows. I tell them I am out working at night (doing shows) and I make customer care calls during the day.

No one has hesitated. Most give me cell numbers.

Alison, ask people when is the best time to be contacted, and have them star the phone number at which they can be reached during that time. Some people prefer to get calls during the day, but at work. If it's OK with them, call them there!

Related to Home During the Day and Need Advice

1. How can I balance working from home and taking care of my children during the day?

One helpful tip is to create a schedule or routine for your day that includes dedicated work time and designated breaks for spending time with your children. It may also be helpful to involve them in simple tasks or activities while you work, such as coloring or playing with toys nearby.

2. What are some easy and healthy lunch options for someone who works from home?

Some easy and healthy lunch options for those who work from home include salads, sandwiches, and grain bowls. These can be made with a variety of ingredients and can be customized to fit your dietary preferences or restrictions.

3. How can I stay motivated and productive while working from home?

It can be helpful to set specific goals for each day and create a comfortable and organized work space. Taking breaks to stretch, move around, and get some fresh air can also help with productivity. Additionally, try to limit distractions, such as social media or household tasks, during designated work time.

4. What are some tips for staying organized while working from home?

Some tips for staying organized while working from home include creating a to-do list or using a planner to keep track of tasks and deadlines. It can also be helpful to designate specific areas for work and personal items, and to declutter your workspace regularly.

5. How can I handle the boundary between work and personal life when working from home?

Sometimes it can be challenging to separate work and personal life when working from home. It can be helpful to set specific work hours and stick to them, as well as creating a designated workspace to mentally separate work and personal tasks. It is also important to take breaks and disconnect from work during non-work hours to maintain a healthy balance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jules711
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • aried
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • Deb Bixler