• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Victoria Day: To Call or Not to Call?

In summary, Victoria Day is a Canadian holiday that celebrates the birthday of Queen Victoria, who was the monarch of the United Kingdom and Canada from 1837 to 1901. It is typically celebrated on the Monday before May 25th, or on May 24th if May 25th falls on a Sunday. Victoria Day is a national holiday in Canada and is observed by all provinces and territories. There is a debate about whether to call it "Victoria Day" or "May Long Weekend," with some people believing the former is more appropriate while others prefer the latter for its inclusivity. Traditional ways to celebrate Victoria Day include attending parades, watching fireworks, having a picnic or BBQ, and planting a garden, as well as displaying
RossDeb2
Gold Member
What's everyone's feeling about making calls this evening since it is Victoria Day? My gut says its not appropriate but I know most people are home since it is the end of the long weekend. The draw slips are from last Thursday and I won't be able to make calls tomorrow night. Should I follow my gut or am I just coming up with 'phone excuses'? What do you all think?:confused:

I'm not sure what Victoria Day is - what is it celebrating? If it's similar to our Memorial Day, then I think it would be okay. I am probably going to make a few calls on Memorial Day.

I would say it is okay to call. Just make sure you are well-mannered and not pushy. I am sure you will get a good response.I would say it is okay to call. Just make sure you are well-mannered and not pushy. I am sure you will get a good response.Thanks for the advise :)

Related to Victoria Day: To Call or Not to Call?

1. What is the significance of Victoria Day?

Victoria Day is a Canadian holiday that celebrates the birthday of Queen Victoria, who was the monarch of the United Kingdom and Canada from 1837 to 1901.

2. When is Victoria Day celebrated?

Victoria Day is typically celebrated on the Monday before May 25th, or on May 24th if May 25th falls on a Sunday.

3. Is Victoria Day a national holiday in Canada?

Yes, Victoria Day is a national holiday in Canada and is observed by all provinces and territories.

4. Why is there a debate about whether to call it "Victoria Day" or "May Long Weekend"?

Some people believe that "Victoria Day" is a more appropriate name since it is a holiday to honor Queen Victoria. However, others prefer to call it "May Long Weekend" as it is a more inclusive name that does not solely focus on the monarchy.

5. Are there any traditional ways to celebrate Victoria Day?

Yes, some traditional ways to celebrate Victoria Day include attending parades, watching fireworks, having a picnic or BBQ, and planting a garden. It is also common to see Canadian flags and Queen Victoria's portrait displayed during this holiday.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefHLM
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • esavvymom