• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Home Based Business Expo - What to Bring?

In summary, the author is doing a table at a Home Based Business Expo tomorrow and is somewhat at a loss of what to bring to display at the table. He recommends bringing everything that is in a starter kit, plus maybe a small bowl of candy-chocolates are good. He also suggests having guests fill out drawing slips to get information from people. If they are interested in joining, they could always offer a 'free' show or make their show their first when they sign.
chefmelody
I'm doing a table at a Home Based Business Expo tomorrow, and I'm somewhat at a loss of what to bring to display at the table. I know I'm bringing catalogs and lots of opportunity brochures/DVDs/etc, but should I bring products? Maybe everything you get in your starter kit? I don't knoooow! :eek:Also, what should I do for drawing slips? I want to get information from people, but they're not coming to win things or do a show, they're looking for job opportunities. What should I offer in a drawing?

Last edited:
Bring everything that is in a starter kit, so they know exactly what they are getting. Plus maybe a small bowl of candy-chocolates are good. :) Also, have them fill out the slips you would have guests fill out. It has the opportunity on it to check, plus tell them about the kit credit when they host a show. A two for one maybe. If they are interested in joining, you could always offer a 'free' show or make their show their first when they sign.

Yes, but how to entice them to fill out the slips? Usually people won't fill anything out unless there's some sort of incentive.

How about a free prosuct drawing combined with a Free Show drawing?

Free recipes, information, etc. A drawing, even for something $10 and under (don't tell them that part) is a great way to get people to give their info, no matter what. FREE is key at a fair, business expo, or job fair! ha ha Everyone loves free!

Ugh, that was a complete waste of time and $250. We maybe had 6 people come in the whole day. I only got 5 contact slips, two of which were from other vendors. I'm going to call all the ones I got, of course, and it was nice to network (I have a couple possible shows from other vendors), but really. I could have used that money in much better ways.

I'd ask for at least a partial refund of my registration fee.6 attendees? Something is seriously wrong!

CookingwithMary said:
I'd ask for at least a partial refund of my registration fee.

6 attendees? Something is seriously wrong!

I agree - I recently did a bridal fair where only 4 people showed up all day! And that was 2 couples! The organizer offered that we could do her next show for free, and we responded with, so we can waste another entire day, no thanks! But I would think there was some serious LACK of advertising, and they should give you something back... Whether it be a refund or a chance to do another of their fairs for free (hoping they learned from this one.)

My partner and I did a booth yesterday and all the vendors (a total of 5) were set up outside. Inside was a children's consignment sale that had been going on since Friday. We were there on the 50% markdown day so we were hoping it would go good. People going into the sale had to walk right past our table to get in but they would look the other way or walk with their heads down. We talked to maybe 3 people about PC the whole day, no bookings, no sales, no drawing slips filled out.......big waste of time. But we never know with these booths. This was the second time we've done a booth with other vendors at a consignment sale and both times were a flop. At least now we know not to do them when something else is going on. People were there with kids were there to buy clothes..........not PC (or any other products that were on display from other vendors).

So don't feel like the lone ranger. We've been there done that several times too.

What should I bring to the Home Based Business Expo?

The most important thing to bring is a positive attitude and an eagerness to network and learn from other business owners. It's also a good idea to bring plenty of business cards and promotional materials to hand out to potential customers.

Do I need to bring products to sell at the expo?

It's not necessary to bring products to sell, but it can be a great way to showcase your business and make sales on the spot. If you do decide to bring products, make sure you have enough inventory and a way to process payments.

What type of attire should I wear to the expo?

Business casual attire is appropriate for most home based business expos. You want to look professional and put-together, but also be comfortable since you will likely be on your feet for most of the day.

Should I prepare a presentation or demonstration for the expo?

If your business lends itself to a presentation or demonstration, it can be a great way to engage potential customers and showcase your products or services. However, it's not necessary and you can still have a successful expo without one.

Will there be food and drinks available at the expo?

Some expos may provide light refreshments, but it's always a good idea to bring snacks and a water bottle with you. This will ensure you have enough energy to network and attend workshops throughout the day.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Liquid Sky
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Aunticooks
  • Jessamary
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
raebates
  • leshelman