• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is $295 Too Much for a Table at a Christian Business Expo?

In summary, the regional radio station is having a business expo for Christian businesses and schools. It is being held on a tuesday night from 6pm-9pm. The event is being charged 295 for a card table and there are flyers around town advertising the event. I think that the price of 295 is too expensive, and I would not be interested in doing the event. If you were to attend the event with your PC catalog tote bag stuffed with flyers and mini-catalogs, you may be able to get people to attend. However, to make your money back, you would have to
chefmoseley
Gold Member
A regional radio station that is affiliated with a local church is having a business expo for christian businesses and schools in the area on a tuesday night from 6pm-9pm. They are charging 295 for a card table. the event has been announced on the radio as well there are flyers around our town about the event. I fell that 295 is very expensive. Am I wrong? I would love to do this event but feel that it is too pricey? What do you think?

chefmoseley said:
A regional radio station that is affiliated with a local church is having a business expo for christian businesses and schools in the area on a tuesday night from 6pm-9pm. They are charging 295 for a card table. the event has been announced on the radio as well there are flyers around our town about the event. I fell that 295 is very expensive. Am I wrong? I would love to do this event but feel that it is too pricey? What do you think?

You'd have to make $295 in commission to at least break even. To me, it's just silly to pay that price.

What kind of people is the business expo targeted towards? (people looking for a job, buyers, sellers.....?)
How well will it be attended? or how well has it been attended in the past?
$100 an hour is pretty steep for me. I probably wouldn't do it.

I might consider going to it with my PC catalog tote bag stuffed with flyers and mini-catalogs ready to hand out (people may think you are supposed to be there and ask you for info) :)

WOW! :eek:

on the ad they are inviting people to come an support local Christian businesses. This is the first time they have done one of these events however anytime they do an event (fair, Christmas lights, expo for summer camps in the area) the attendance is really high like 500 +. I like the idea of attending with my catalog tote but don't want to take off of work just to walk around...Maybe I'll send hubby using the bag for diapers for the kids since it's his night off...

WoWzers! That is expensive. Bridal shows/fairs cost that price!

I would pass on it---unless you can offer to make a donation to the church instead of paying for the table.....

Tables at events like that are usually between $25-40. (around here anyway)

Well... I just paind $250 for a 2 day home show but it was for a total of 15 hours. I would NOT pay almost $300 for 3 hours. It is ludicrous to me

etteluap70PC said:
Well... I just paind $250 for a 2 day home show but it was for a total of 15 hours. I would NOT pay almost $300 for 3 hours. It is ludicrous to me
I agree- I did one that I split the weekend with another consultant and it was $95.00 for me for 14 hours!

Slight Hijack: I had made a call the other night about a bridal fair that is for 3 hours on a weeknight. The guy called me back this morning and told me the prices start at $450 and go up to $600!!!:eek: Then he went on to tell me that in his experience Pampered Chef people are not generally looking for the higher end clientelle, and are unwilling to invest that much money in their business. I was tempted to say, You are right, we don't want to spend that much money for 3 hours... but I held back. Although when I hung up I called him what I really thought of him... I would get bleeped if I typed it, though. Hijack over...

I agree with everyone else, to make your money back you would have to book several shows and sell tons of individual orders. And 500+ people may not get you there.... I would personally would pass on this one.

I am doing a booth at a craft fair tomorrow for $55 for 5 hours. I was second guessing spending that much, 295 would be out of the question

You know, I don't expect any commission at all when I do these things, i am totally just in it for the contacts ect. I do a draw of course. I am paying $488 for one that I am in the first weekend of May, but from past experience, i know I will probably get tons of booking from it and maybe recruit! I might not get tons of people booking at the show itself, but i wouldn't be surprised if I get 100 booking leads or more from this.
I wouldn't pay that much money for a booth at a fair that isn't an established thing that has been around for a while, but I have paid anywhere from $10 to 500 for booths and in 6 years I think there was only 3 that I can remember that i was EXTREMELY disapointed in, but those were near the beginning of my biz, didn't have much experience with what to do or how.
One thing i will never do again is a "Welcome Wagon" event!
Those are soo expensive, and the last 2 I did were horrible. They claimed to be expecting 400- or 500 ppl, and I bet there MIGHT have been a total of 50 people all day, what a joke.

Anyway, just my 2 cents, I think as long as you are making sure you are getting lots of contacts and following up with them, Its usually worth it, but I also always ask what kind of advertising is being done for it, and a whole bunch of other questions before I do these things.

That's around $1280 in commissionable sales to break even with the booth fee. If you think you can get the orders and/or the shows to break even then I would do it. It's really what you think you can get.

Just remember if you are planning on making the fee back in shows booked, that there are other expenses involved in cooking shows (gas to get there, time, etc. and that is if you do not take care of postage to send invites or ingredients, as some people do for an added incentive), before you will break even on the fees. So you would need more than just $1280 in commissionable sales to make it worthwhile.

I personally think that is too much for 3 hours and a card table. I pay $70 for an 8 hour event and do REALLY well at it. It's a 10x10 spot so I have tons of space (not that it feels like it b/c I fill it quickly) and it's less than $10/hour! I would pay MUCH less for a hallway table spot. Of course, if it's established as one of the posters said and you know that you'll get your money back, then that's something only you can decide. It is a write-off at least. You'd just have to be sure that you REALLY concentrated on getting bookings (b/c just 3 could more than pay for it) and have wedding registry stuff up and recruiting info, etc. But really concentrate on bookings vs orders.

I booked a corporate fair for Wednesday and Thursday, May 7th and 8th, from 11-2 and it cost me $220. The corporation however has 2500+ employees which about half are female and it's just before mothers day. So I think I should be good, especially pushing gift certificates for that specific reason. Also still having a couple openings towards the end of the month hopefully can fill them in w/the HWC products :) My brother in law, who owns his own business has set up at the same company for another corporate fair and he told me they are spenders there so I should do good.

But with only 500 expected attendees I would not even bother. Even if half stopped at your table, how many of that half would book a show or order? I personally would not do it, but then I am not you. Just my honest opinion :)

Call the organizer and tell them what we have said here. $295 is too expensive. If they won't budge, thank them profusely and ask if you could do a fundraiser for them sometime - demonstrating a great recipe and helping them accomplish their financial goals as well.

I do a weekly farmer's market booth for $5/hour for a 10x10 space. I can't go this weekend b/c I am on double kid duty at home, but it definitely helps my business to be there.

500 people is not a large number.

I usually look for tables less than $50. $15 is my preferred rate. Often I do just was well selling to other vendors.

With these types of things if I sell enough to cover my table fee and have 1 booking I am lucky. Even if 10 check YES on the door prize slip (which is a free show), I will be lucky if even 1 actually turns into a show.

I would offer them a fundraiser show with you having your table for free, that way they could continue it after that night .

Related to Is $295 Too Much for a Table at a Christian Business Expo?

What is considered "too much" when using Pampered Chef products?

The definition of "too much" can vary depending on the specific product and its intended use. However, we recommend following the instructions and measurements provided with each product for best results.

Can I use Pampered Chef products for commercial purposes?

Our products are intended for home use and may not be suitable for commercial purposes. Please check with your local health and safety regulations before using our products for commercial use.

Are there any safety concerns when using Pampered Chef products?

At Pampered Chef, safety is our top priority. We rigorously test all of our products to ensure they meet safety standards. However, it is important to always follow the usage and safety instructions provided with each product to prevent accidents or injuries.

How do I know if a Pampered Chef product is dishwasher safe?

Most of our products are dishwasher safe, but it is always best to check the product manual or packaging for specific instructions. Some products may need to be hand washed to maintain their quality and prolong their lifespan.

Can Pampered Chef products be used in the microwave?

We do not recommend using our products in the microwave unless specifically stated on the product packaging or manual. Some products may not be suitable for microwave use and can cause damage or injury if used incorrectly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • AlowayFamily
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
reneenshelcook4u
  • Laurenncraigory