• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Higher Paid Direct Sales Companies....

Shonda1107 said:
As I see this, I guess it boils down to what is more important for each person. Even if it turns out that MK (or any other DS company) pays more in commission than PC, can you see yourself loving your business be it selling make-up, perfume, jewelry, candles, etc.? Passion connected to your business is what sells and commissions are only paid on actual sales. 50% of no sales is still far less than 20% of a great party!

And, if making money is your number one pursuit (and nothing's wrong with that) then I would spend serious time looking into this. Yet, if you want to make great money, have a wonderful time, truly embrace your product, and feel confident in the credibility and reputation of your company, more than commission needs to be considered.

I have been an independent rep for over 6 companies in the course of my lifetime and two I've signed on multiple times.:eek: My Pampered Chef business is truly the most "kindred" business I have ever worked (within and out of DS) and that was important to me - to feel a measure of purpose fulfilled.

WELL SAID!!!

rennea said:
My cat is 28lbs, and scared of nothing or nobody:eek:

Teehee...my cat just does the looking at you and shoving something slowly off the counter to get us to chase him. He is like a toddler having a temper tantrum because nobody will give him the total attention he wants. The problem with the cat is that he only wants attention for a few minutes...or wants a different kind of attention than I am giving him...then he goes and whines and drools on my husband who is relaxing on the computer. We have burned Salt City candles before, but only when we are within about a 5 foot radius. I would hate to have to keep relighting it every time I came back in a room - that's why I am interested in trying out Scentsy. Also, hubby gets migraines, so I have to be very careful what types of candles as well as the scents we have. So far, Salt City are great - he'll even burn the peach one in his computer room. I have never tried PL because I have never been invited to one. That is something I would have to go to a party to test out before buying.

didn't mean to step on any toes...
ChefBeckyD said:
I take very seriously the job of teaching my son to be a decent human being - actually even more than that - my desire is for him to be a strong man of God who is a leader and not a follower, and who is kind and loving and respectful (He has told thee oh man what is good and what the Lord desires - to do justice, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God - Micah 6:8)......with that being said, he is two, and very strong-willed. I (we actually including my husband) have chosen to be a stay at home mom so I can have the greatest impact on him as far as discipline, learning, etc......however, those leadership qualities that I want to instill in him right now come out as being very strong-willed. It has nothing to do with me not "Taking the time to teach" him to be respectful etc.....I work with him on a constant basis! Some children just learn the lessons easier, and are more easy going than others. Last week, he figured out how to climb the glass shelves (removable) on the entertainment center, and although we talked about it, and he was disciplined EVERY TIME - he still tried climbing 8 times before he finally gave up! HE also has a fascination with candles - loves them, and is always begging for one of his own to carry around to smell! For that reason, I choose not to burn candles very often, and when I do, I purchase them on sale! To my way of thinking, even though I am working hard to teach him to be respectful, a two year old can be forgetful, and it would only take ONE TIME for him to hurt himself or cause a fire in the house....I would rather err on the side of caution on this one!

I know there are stronged willed children out there. My son can be quite strong willed when it comes to turning the tv off. No matter how many times I spank him or sit him in time out he still has a very strong will to turn the tv off. Having said that I didn't mean to imply that any child who likes to touch things and not respect others things is not being taught NOT to. In my experience, my friends who have this problem are NOT teaching thier children becuase it is easier for them not to. They work full time, most of them are pharmacists so they work on thier feet for 12 hour shifts 3 to 4 times a week, and they would just rather let thier children rum amock, no spankings, no talking to's they just let them destroy everything (and don't buy candles) because it is easier for them to deal with after working a long shift. That is thier excuse for not buying the candles or having any party's for me. I was a pharmacist, and quit when my son was born because my husband and I thought it was best for him to have a full time parent at home (not saying daycare is bad, I put him in daycare at least once a week while I run some errands and have appts. and he gets to play with other kids his age). When I said that MY FRIENDS aren't buying candles because THEY aren't taking the time to teach thier kids that is exactly what I meant...MY FRIENDS AREN'T TAKING THE TIME TO TEACH THIER KIDS. I was in no way implying that every kid that has a strong will isn't being taught to be respectful. When you let your child go to someone else's house and jump up and down on the couch and pull things off of the tables and throw thier cereal snack (I'm talking about a 3 year old here) all over the place and just laugh and don't even tell your child that it is wrong AND then you don't have the nerve to help pick up thier mess THAT IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. That is a child that isn't being taught to be respectul and unfortunately (and I love my friends) that is how most of them let thier children behave.

Pamperedbaking said:
I know there are stronged willed children out there. My son can be quite strong willed when it comes to turning the tv off. No matter how many times I spank him or sit him in time out he still has a very strong will to turn the tv off. Having said that I didn't mean to imply that any child who likes to touch things and not respect others things is not being taught NOT to. In my experience, my friends who have this problem are NOT teaching thier children becuase it is easier for them not to. They work full time, most of them are pharmacists so they work on thier feet for 12 hour shifts 3 to 4 times a week, and they would just rather let thier children rum amock, no spankings, no talking to's they just let them destroy everything (and don't buy candles) because it is easier for them to deal with after working a long shift. That is thier excuse for not buying the candles or having any party's for me. I was a pharmacist, and quit when my son was born because my husband and I thought it was best for him to have a full time parent at home (not saying daycare is bad, I put him in daycare at least once a week while I run some errands and have appts. and he gets to play with other kids his age). When I said that MY FRIENDS aren't buying candles because THEY aren't taking the time to teach thier kids that is exactly what I meant...MY FRIENDS AREN'T TAKING THE TIME TO TEACH THIER KIDS. I was in no way implying that every kid that has a strong will isn't being taught to be respectful. When you let your child go to someone else's house and jump up and down on the couch and pull things off of the tables and throw thier cereal snack (I'm talking about a 3 year old here) all over the place and just laugh and don't even tell your child that it is wrong AND then you don't have the nerve to help pick up thier mess THAT IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. That is a child that isn't being taught to be respectul and unfortunately (and I love my friends) that is how most of them let thier children behave.

I knew exactly what you were talking about. Believe me--you CAN TELL when someone isn't teaching their kids how to behave or respect others. Kids will be kids & they'll try to get away with what they can (that's how they learn what's acceptable or not), but it's what the parents DO about it that makes the difference!

nikkijo said:
I know with lia sophia you start out making 30% commission, when you promote to manager you make 40%. They don't have to pay any hostess benefits at all either. On their downline they make 10% when downline promotes then they make 5% off of their sales. I'm not thinking of swtiching either but my sil sells this.

I went to a Lia Sophia party last year with a friend and we each bought a ring. Mine was just plain silver, no stones in it, just a wavy style band and it was $50. It turns my finger black every time I wear it.

My friend's ring had stones in it. A stone fell out of it within the first week of wearing it (and she's not abusing it, trust me). It got sent back and was returned with the stone in place. A few months later another stone fell out and she just stopped wearing it. Hers cost more than mine.

I really want to support the friend who is selling the jewelry but I can't and it's really a shame. I'm not trying to bash the company, just conveying my experience with it.

This thread is from 2006.....

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders