• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hi All,I'm so Frustrated With a Recent Host of Mine....just

In summary, the conversation was about a consultant who had a frustrating experience with a recent host. The host had received outside orders but neglected to collect payment for them. The consultant had to chase down the payments and ended up submitting the orders with the show. Other consultants gave advice on how to handle similar situations, with some suggesting that the host should be responsible for collecting payments and others recommending that the consultant should not submit the orders without payment. The consultant also mentioned the dilemma of wanting to keep the host as a future booking but not wanting to lose the host's free product value. The consultant learned the importance of being clear about payment expectations for outside orders in the future.
AJ-1
Hi All,

I'm so frustrated with a recent host of mine....just thought I'd share.

I had a show on June 10th. I followed through with host coaching leading up to the date and encouraged "J" to get any outside orders for people who couldn't attend. I even spent one phone call giving her specific instructions on what info she'd need to obtain, including getting the persons method of payment.

She was so excited the night of her show and had 5 outside orders....including a few people from work interested in seeing a catalogue. I thought this was great. However, she neglected to get the payment for all of those orders.

I've been chasing 3 people for payment since June 10 and last night finally submitted the show. I decided to have the 3 orders shipped to my home because I'm afraid if I allow them to go to the host, I'll never get my payment and the product will be gone.

Has anyone else been in this type of situation? I'm really disappointed for the other guests because they are all waiting on their orders....but, I don't think it should be left to me to chase these others around for money.

I'd appreciate any thoughts/feedback on how to deal with this going forward. I pride myself on host coaching...and have a check list that I have with me at each phone call so that I don't forget to mention something. Obviously something went wrong.

Thanks!

AJ

Re: Frustrated....I don't chase the payments. I make the host do that. The guests write checks to her after the show and she gives me one large payment over teh phone.

Re: Frustrated....Yes, make the host get the payments. Tell her you can't accept the orders without the payments. By submitting the orders with the show, you're giving the host credit for orders that really aren't orders yet. She'll be getting host benefits on guest sales that are potentially going to be returned if you can't get money from these people. Telling the host you won't add those orders to her total without payment will give her incentive to get payment.

Re: Frustrated....I have had that problem in the past, once in awhile or if I receive a bad credit card and can't resove fast, I call the guest and let them know that there are payment issues with orders and can't submit show unitl taken care. And I let the host know that I called everyone and let them know also.

Re: Frustrated....
wadesgirl said:
I don't chase the payments. I make the host do that. The guests write checks to her after the show and she gives me one large payment over teh phone.

^^This. Host pays me for all outside orders.

Re: Frustrated....All the times I have had the host get the payments I have lost contact info for ex, I had a show that was 1000+ and the host wrote 1 big check to me on thew order form she had all her friends name but her address on every order, and that made me upset, I questioned her about it and she said that if there is a problem I could call her, 3 days after her show was delivered she called and I did not call her back and so on from this time on I say to everyone "Your order can not be filled until payment is received" that puts you in charge of your business and most of my hosts except that 1 have cooperated.

I think you did the right thing by having the items come to you, Maybe I would call them back and say When your payment is received then you can receive your products. Hope it works out for you

Re: Frustrated....Thanks Everyone!!! I really appreciate the feedback.I've never had this happen before. Another thing that bothers me is that my host "J" got 3 cheques for me because some people added to their order after the show. I had to drive to her house to pick them up. When I got there I mentioned there were still 3 outstanding payments. I think what I should have said was I'd have to delete those orders from her show which would have caused her free product value to come down....but I didn't want to loose her as a host. She plans on booking for the fall when the new catalogue comes out. Such a dilemma.I think I learned the hard way on this one. I'll have to be crystal clear on the payments for outside orders going forward. I had someone from my work order a splatter screen...so I threw all of those other orders under her name. I didn't want to be paying the special shipping for each one. Especially if I don't get a payment from them.

1. What are some common frustrations you may encounter as a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, some common frustrations you may encounter include cancelled parties, low attendance at parties, and difficulty reaching sales targets.

2. How can I address issues with a recent host who has been unresponsive or uncooperative?

If you are experiencing issues with a recent host who has been unresponsive or uncooperative, it is important to communicate openly and honestly with them. Try setting up a phone or in-person meeting to discuss any concerns and find a solution together.

3. What can I do if a host cancels their party at the last minute?

If a host cancels their party at the last minute, it can be frustrating and impact your sales. However, it is important to understand that things come up and plans can change. Reach out to the host to see if they would be interested in rescheduling the party or hosting a virtual party instead. Additionally, you can offer to help them find a replacement host to keep their party on track.

4. How can I encourage guests to attend a party and make purchases?

To encourage guests to attend a party and make purchases, it is important to create a fun and welcoming atmosphere. Offer incentives and prizes for attendees, and provide plenty of product demonstrations and tips to showcase the value of your products. Encourage your host to invite their friends and family and offer special deals for first-time customers.

5. What can I do to ensure a successful party and increase sales?

To ensure a successful party and increase sales, it is important to plan and prepare ahead of time. Work closely with your host to set a date, promote the party, and plan the menu. Offer special deals and promotions to entice guests to make purchases. Additionally, make sure to follow up with attendees after the party to thank them for their support and offer any additional assistance or product recommendations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • wmrmgr
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • AshleyAllison