• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated, Though I Shouldn't Be...

In summary, the person is having two open houses and had a show on Friday. They are having a party on Saturday and are unsure if they can make it. They are also having a catalog party on next week.
Symara
Gold Member
It looks like today may be a day for complaints...

So I had 2 open houses, they bombed, but I did have enough order for it to be at least a show. It was all right after the ice storm, so no one wanted to get out. (on my directors suggestion I just applied for the consultant extension)

So I had a friend booked for this Sat, another friend that couldn't make it to the open house went ahead and booked a show to help me out for Fri.

My show on friday is going alright, she had 200 in outside orders already, but only her mom, sister, and grandma are going to be there since there is a huge 50th b-day party sat for a girl at work everyone is going too. But her sister already said she'd book a party for March, so I'm not too worried, figure it will probably be around a 400 dollar show.

My show Sat, which my director did the host coaching call while I was on there listening, and my friend said she had it all under control. However, her personal life is a wreck, her brother might have a brain tumor, but no one is talking to her in the family about, so she's thinking the worst. Everyone has turned down her invites, she never gave me any to send, which I told her I would if she got them to me. I work with her at the same company and talk to her almost everyday. I know she's under a lot of stress, but now I don't know what to do. I know I have a $50 order I can put towards her party if she could just come up with the other $100. How long should I wait until I officially cancel it though?

At least my 4th party is a catalog party and going well, we just had to extend it to next week to make sure I got everyone's orders. It will probably be around 400.

So, party 1 (2 open houses) 320, party 2 400, party 3 hopefully 150, and Party 4 400.

1270 if all goes well.

I'm just not sure what to do about the sat party for sure though.

Great perserverance! How did you do with bookings?

not sure what you mean... I haven't had the shows just yet.

So far you look like you are doing very well. Don't give in to the pessimistic thoughts in your head. You seem to have a goal a few good shows and orders. Not all shows are $1000 shows off the bat it takes time to learn how to get there (I haven't totally gotten there yet).

yeah, i'm not expecting a $1000 show. I think I'm just frustrated about the Sat show. I am putting the $50 order to her, and might have another $50 order to give her before the week is out. I just hope she can come up with the rest to make it a show and she can get her 60% item.

I realize your hostess is an aquaintence and you want to help her, but don't get in the habit of making hostesses shows qualify for them. We have such a great hostess program and the company pays for everything. Don't work yourself to death trying to get them stuff they aren't willing to work for themselves. You have two $50 orders that you are putting toward her show, but you could find another $50 order and turn in your own catalog show and get the 60% off item yourself. Since you're new that could be a great thing for you to help spice up your kit. I understand you want to help a friend but I would hate for her to tell others that she got a bunch of stuff and you did all the work - then other hostesses may expect the same thing.

You seem to be off to a great start even if it seems a little rocky right now. Things will get better and you are starting off on the right foot by having a goal. Good luck and let us know how things go.

I know she wouldn't expect it later, she's just getting lucky right now.

If she doesn't find the other money I'm just probably going to see if I can get some orders and do it myself or something.

We'll see what happens by Sat I guess.

1. What is "Frustrated, Though I Shouldn't Be..."?

"Frustrated, Though I Shouldn't Be..." is a cookbook written by the founder of Pampered Chef, Doris Christopher. It contains over 200 recipes and helpful tips for busy home cooks.

2. What makes "Frustrated, Though I Shouldn't Be..." different from other cookbooks?

This cookbook focuses on quick and easy recipes that can be made with minimal prep time and ingredients. It also includes tips for meal planning and organization to make cooking less stressful.

3. Is "Frustrated, Though I Shouldn't Be..." suitable for beginner cooks?

Yes, this cookbook is suitable for cooks of all levels. It includes easy-to-follow recipes and helpful tips for beginners, as well as more advanced recipes for experienced cooks.

4. Are the ingredients for the recipes in "Frustrated, Though I Shouldn't Be..." easy to find?

Yes, the recipes in this cookbook use common ingredients that can be found in most grocery stores. Some recipes may require specialty ingredients, but they are easily accessible online or in specialty stores.

5. Does "Frustrated, Though I Shouldn't Be..." include any dietary restrictions or modifications?

Yes, this cookbook includes recipes that cater to various dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian. It also offers tips for modifying recipes to fit different dietary needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • melissaboyd