• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hi All!I Verified With Ho That We Are Not Allowed to Mention

In summary, there is a policy in place that prohibits mentioning Pampered Chef on Facebook, even if the account is set to private. This is to protect the company's name and avoid any potential issues. It is recommended to remove any previous mentions of Pampered Chef on Facebook to avoid any problems. It is also important to note that this policy falls under the online advertising rules and is unlike other online situations. However, there have been successful connections and opportunities through Facebook private messages. It is advised to keep updated on any changes from company sources and to follow the rules to avoid any issues.
ChefLisa
Hi all!

I verified with HO that we are not allowed to mention Pampered Chef anywhere on Facebook, even if we are set to private. I did not think that was allowed, but I wanted to make sure. I am mentioning this here so anyone who has mentioned it can go and take it off. I even had to check to make sure I did not mention it anywhere! Luckily I think I am okay.

I am not writing this to start a debate on whether or not this is a good policy. I know Pampered Chef just wants to protect the company's name and I am good with that. I just want to make sure none of my friends end up with any surprise messages. In case anyone does get any messages, my account is set to only be viewed by my friends and I did not provide any names to HO. They did not ask for any names.

I understand that this falls under their online advertising policies so that's why they have to say it, but I still think this is unlike any other online situation. Because it's private, it's essentially like doing this corresponding through email. I know we have to abide by the rules which is why I rarely actually say the words "Pampered chef" on there. I was finally going to break down and do the 25 things list and it's very hard not to mention PC, so who knows what I'll do now.

To be honest, unless there's someone from the HO becoming "friends" with anyone, there;s no way for them to see it on our page anyway. Oh well, this is the one time I feel the online stuff is different.

I have reconnected with many people from h.s. JUST today one is now a recruit lead because of reconnecting through FB and specifically the PM's through there about the oppty.

We'll see if anything happens. IF there are further updates from CS, I'd love to hear them since I havent renewed trhere,

I did not even post anything about this on CS. As a matter of fact I rarely go on there anymore. Maybe once a week for a few minutes. I am much happier on here! Happy people who want to be successful!:D

I agree with you Becky. Although I just had to change my "status" from, "I am excited to go do Meg's Pampered Chef party tonight" to "I am excited to go do Meg's party tonight!" It really is kinda lame because almost all my friends on there KNOW I do PC.

I know PC has there rules in place for a reason, but frankly I am getting tired of reading about all the Pampered Chef "police" running around reporting everyone. I think they should be working their business and let HO worry about the rule breakers IMHO.

(That is not directed or meant to offend anyone here).

And thank you Lisa for clearing that up...I knew about the other places but was not sure about FB.

Dare I mention there is a National Director who listed her occupation as being a Consultant with The Pampered Chef. I'm not correcting her cause I've corrected her on other things on other websites. She's gonna hate me. Sandra, I'll let you handle it! Now, to go check MY profile!

Now, were they talking about our profiles or what we type? As for what we type, I don't think they can legally dictate it. I understand we are not to say we are Pampered Chef Consultants in our profile.

i am so confused! how come we can't say we are going to a pampered chef party but my sister can say i'm going to pc party?? (she is not a consultant) i am trying to abide by the rules it is just confusing where FB is concerned at least...i have reconnected with so many old friends i want to let everyone know what i'm doing...i guess i will call them and share that :)

pckrissy said:
i am so confused! how come we can't say we are going to a pampered chef party but my sister can say i'm going to pc party?? (she is not a consultant) i am trying to abide by the rules it is just confusing where FB is concerned at least...i have reconnected with so many old friends i want to let everyone know what i'm doing...i guess i will call them and share that :)

I guess they view it as online advertising which is against the rules.

I would think that one of those private messages through FB would be "legal" because it's not seen by others and is like an email. FYI, you can send a mass message to all your FB friends, but I've never done it.

I adhere to the HO policy, but I think sooner or later they need to wrestle with this alligator and come up with something less out-dated. The blanket approach is short-sighted given that social networking via the internet is rapidly becoming the norm.

I've mentioned before that I live in a retirement community (it's far from what you might think!:sun:). A lot of my neighbors have facebook accounts because that's how their children and grandchildren communicate with friends and family. It's just the way it is. (I finally gave in and went to one of my neighbors to get a lesson on how to use FB for myself. :eek:)

Honestly, there has to be a way to maintain ethical principles of fair competition (which seems to be HO's biggest concern...love them for that), while not limiting our private FB communications. :confused:

I agree Kristin and I'd be willing to bet that HO is already on it.

One of my team members made a great point today. I was reviewing the internet policies with her, explaining that HO wants to keep this a relationship-based business with a focus on face-to-face interaction. She commented that for a lot of people, facebook is face-to-face.

(just wanted to share that 'cause I thought it expressed the 'cultural' difference pretty well)

I'd send that comment onto HO. They need to hear it a lot!

legacypc46 said:
One of my team members made a great point today. I was reviewing the internet policies with her, explaining that HO wants to keep this a relationship-based business with a focus on face-to-face interaction. She commented that for a lot of people, facebook is face-to-face.
(just wanted to share that 'cause I thought it expressed the 'cultural' difference pretty well)

This is really sad to me.
I think when you take out the actual verbal communication it allows too many people to not have personal responsibility for their actions and comments.

I'm in the minority on this I know, but I really appreciate the current stand that HO has for online activities. As for what is "private" and such, let's face the fact that anything online is not private. In the past we have had scenarios where past PC consultants where eluding to new businesses that had many members upset on these boards because many saw it for what it was, a way to ellicit PMs to encourage recruiting and such. Is it really any different on other social networking sites? IMO, your "friends" already know what you do. And if not, then maybe a good ole fashioned phone call is needed to reconnect.

Ok, I'm ready for my lynching....

I agree with you Amy!Back when they polled us to see if we wanted online ordering on our websites I voted No. (lynching coming my way!). Now, in hindsight, I LOVE the online ordering because I get at least $300 a month from it.What I was afraid of though (andy why I voted NO) was some of my consultants relying on that for business instead of contacting customers and talking to them. This did happen... I had some that never contacted their customers and just *expected* them to go to their websites and order if they wanted/needed anything. When that didn't happen and these customers found consultants who would service them, they didn't understand why.I really think one thing that sets us apart is our contact with customers. I do have a lot of my customers as *friends* on FB and have gotten biz from that. I think in times like these, we really need to contact people any way we can. The other day, Deb forwarded an e-mail that talked about Phone Fear and basically it said that our customers DO want to hear from us. And in making customer care calls this week, everyone that I actually talked to was THRILLED to hear from me (I was surprised!). I think it can swing in extremes... people will still crave human contact no matter what... isn't it one of our basic needs? So calling and talking to them to me, still remains the #1 way to service our customers. But if that doesn't work or we can't get to them, other ways (e-mail, FB, text, take your choice) can be effective as well.

Debi said:
Dare I mention there is a National Director who listed her occupation as being a Consultant with The Pampered Chef. I'm not correcting her cause I've corrected her on other things on other websites. She's gonna hate me. Sandra, I'll let you handle it! Now, to go check MY profile!

they are actually allowed--I believe--

pckrissy said:

if you send them a private message--you are fine!!

Amy you make good points. DH and I talk a lot about how people don't interact anymore - they are on the cell phones talking to friends and don't even notice when they bump into you. We thought it was generational.

I agree that the majority of our business must be face to face or phone but definitely personal. My comment about Kris's team member's "facebook is face-to-face" comment is that for a lot of young people that IS how they keep up with friends like we and our mothers talked on the phone for hours. Same thing to them. It's not BUISNESS, it's networking with friends.

Related to Hi All!I Verified With Ho That We Are Not Allowed to Mention

1. Can we mention the name of our company or products in our posts on social media?

No, according to our company policies, we are not allowed to mention the name of our company or products on social media. This is to maintain a level playing field for all consultants and to prevent any potential legal issues.

2. What if a customer asks for the name of our company or products on social media?

If a customer asks for the name of our company or products on social media, you can politely redirect them to our personal website or contact them privately to provide the information. However, please refrain from mentioning it publicly on any social media platform.

3. Are we allowed to use the company's logo or images on our personal social media accounts?

Yes, you are allowed to use the company's logo or images on your personal social media accounts as long as it is not used in a way that implies endorsement or affiliation with the company. Please also make sure to follow our brand guidelines for proper usage of our logo and images.

4. Can we mention the name of our company or products in blog posts or other written content?

No, our company policies also apply to written content such as blog posts. Please refrain from mentioning the name of our company or products in any written content to avoid any potential issues.

5. What happens if we accidentally mention the name of our company or products on social media?

If we accidentally mention the name of our company or products on social media, please delete the post or comment as soon as possible. If it has already been seen by others, you can apologize and explain the company policies to avoid any further issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefLisa
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
ChefLisa
  • pamperedlinda
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • Tanya Becker