• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hey Ya'll....need a Bit of Advice. My Friend Who Recruited Me Was

I finally had enough and I tell her that I want her to leave and she does.Hosts should not let a show close until they have at least one booking.
barbchan
Hey ya'll....need a bit of advice. My friend who recruited me was telling me about a show she had this past weekend. I told her to come here and ask you all but I don't think she's made it here yet. She's pretty discouraged. The show yielded no bookings whatsoever, and no interest for bookings either. But the worst part was a woman who seemed to be just hecking her. She said that everything she talked about, the woman butted in with how she has that product and it doesn't work right. So, my friend tried to help her by showing her how things were supposed to work and the woman just seemed to get more and more rude. She called the host this morning and was told by the host that she was being condesending to the rude woman.

How do you handle hecklers at your shows? I know it's impossible with as many people as we run into, not to run into rude behavior.

And, have you ever heard of not letting a show close until you have at least one booking? If so, how exactly does that work?

EeshSounds like a bad one for your friend.
Rude people are infuriorating!
The only way I found to be a possible solution in this situation is to ask the host or someone to help you use a product the person is complaining about. To show how it actually works. You do this in a round about way without actually pointing out the fact that the person does not know how to use it.

Never closing a show without at least one booking:
I realized we have a leverage point with ALL of our hosts. That is the booking bonus for hosting another show. So, in my case: I NEVER CLOSE A SHOW WITHOUT at least one booking. And that is a rebooking of the current host. This way 1, 2 or 5 months down the road, when you need a show, you can call that past host and tell her she can get TWO of the monthly specials. You just it. When I open a show, I automatically go in, click add host order then book them right away. So...
I do not know if that is exactly what you were looking for but you can not twist someone's arm to make them book and you can't hold a show open forever.

Last edited:
HecklersI try to stay positive and say, "Oh I'm so sorry you're having problems with your PC items, maybe AFTER the show we can talk privately and see if I could come and show you some uses or recipes I could suggest for those products." Sometimes it doesn't help.

I had one lady who kept going on and on and it was only my 5th show ever and she's a neighbor and known to do things like that, and this was during the Intros not even the Real Show!!

She was complaining about the warrantee's on products and how Pampered Chef DOES NOT honor them, and I said, "we'll I've never in the 10 years I'd been a customer had a problem, and if I'm your consultant I'll help you take care of any problems you might have". She says, "Well the other lady I had wouldn't help me so your warrantees aren't worth the paper they are written on!"

My Grandma (God bless her) Jumped in and said "Well Audrey you answered the problem with your answer, just because the Other Consultant you used didn't help, doesn't mean the companies warrantee is bad, you just got the wrong person who didn't help.

So I just looked at the next person almost pleadingly to start their intro. and they did.

What a way to start. I'd just try to shrug it off and move on, you know what you did and if it was right or wrong.

HTH,

Lisa

You just have to laughSometimes you wonder why someone who doesn't like the products would even bother to come! Even crazier, I had a HOSTESS who did somewhat the same thing. I had just started my business and she told me the night I get to her show that there probably won't be many orders because she told all of her friends that she was helping her friend get her business started and she just really needed to do some shows but they didn't need to buy anything. If they just came so I could practice that would be great:rolleyes: .

I get into my show and she's up and down all the time showing people things or getting drinks and then when I start talking about stoneware she says how she just hates stoneware because it feels so icky. How anyone could use that she doesn't understand. Then she really loves her pyrex measuring cup so much as I'm demoing the batter bowl and measuring cups. Then as I'm in the middle of the demo she gets up and goes to her garage and digs out her stone that she never used and asks if anyone wants it because she'll never use it so why should they buy one tonight. After another trip to the garage she comes in with the cookie press and tells everyone how horrible it is and she's never been able to use it.

Needless to say the show wasn't much of a show. I couldn't believe we actually made it up to $200 in orders.

The craziest thing is a couple of days after her show she calls me and tells me she's been thinking about it and would really love to get the cookware at half-price:eek: . I told her she had some work to do then because she needed another $100 in sales to get a half-price item. Never did get there but I got a booking off the show and from there I got new recruit so in the long run it paid off.

You just wonder why some people even open their mouths at times. Her friend that booked did make a comment about "she's just like that" so they didn't all seem to take things she says to heart:D

Michele

don't knowI haven't had this situation exactly but humor (if you can keep a smile on your face) is the best answer. Maybe something like, "so why exactly did you come to this show - to give me a hard time?"

I had the mom of a host last week keep talking about Tupperware, some cookware sold in the 50s, etc. She has no PC stuff and just wanted to be included but it was getting old. Finally, I just said, "hey, you're not helping me sell my products. You're supposed to tell everyone how great Pampered chef not all those other companies." She didn't seemed miffed at all and still talked about Tupperware a bit but at least I had made my point to the other guests...BEE

My next host told me all i needed to do is show up and she would do the show for me. I just kinda laughed it off but im starting to think she is serious! I gave her her host packet and told her she should get as many outside orders as she could before the show and she told me she wasnt going to get outside orders because she just wanted people to come and eat! she has planed this HUGE menu and I told her I hoped she was going to have it prepared before the show because I am making the skillet cake and the chicken club wreath. Now she wants to change the ingredients to make it a mexican something or other. AND I think she wants to sign on she is very pushy and im not and we live in a town of 200 people although I get more biz from elseware I would still like the clse to home biz! Amy

I only get hecklers when the husband sticks around - and he is the one I pick on the entire show. All the women get a laugh out of it and it has worked to my benefit. If someone has a question about a product - they can't work it - I bring them up and let them show me how they use it. Usually - it is the can opener. Once I let them open a can - they get it and are happy.

I also had a host who had ALOT of Pampered Chef. Her friends would ask her - "do you have that" and she would say "yes - but I don't use it" Her show was a struggle to get to $300 and she couldn't figure out why.

I think hecklers are tough. I had a man who had drank to much at a party.
He came up and was spraying the oil on everything. Then he started telling me how you could buy everything cheaper else where. I simply took the spray can out of his hand and put it in my apron. Then I politely said well yes you can but you will see they won't last as long and that the item's in general are not of good quality. Then one of the guests piped right up and stated how she loved Pampered Chef and you could not possibly get the same use out of things. Sometimes it simply is a matter of smiling and being nice. Just say you haven't had that experience. You can not in anyway please everyone. REmember also it is not personal... people who act up do it all of the time. BTW the party I was at where I took the aeresol can of oil from the man the hostess came up and thanked me later. She was impressed. I didn't make a big deal. I just waited for the right moment and told the gentleman that I did not want to wash everything twice because of the oil and slipped it right out of his hand. He shortly left where I was and went elsewhere. ---I do understand though. I also have shows where I have no bookings. I'm sorry for the heckling experience.

Many great suggestions on how to handle hecklers! I make an extra effort to keep things VERY positive when heckling, negative comments about products, other consultants or whatever is mentioned. I had a guest tell me a few years back that she had the Gen II cookware set still in her attic because she only liked one pan. (I was warned that this may happen). I took the opportunity to tell them I am so sorry that she was disappointed in the product. I then went on to tell her that I am really sorry that she didn't return the items she was not happy with. I then ask her if she knew she could have gotten her money back up to one year after she purchased any PC product? I use it as an opportunity to tell about our fabulous guarentee and that PC as well as myself, do not want unhappy customers. It is a very nice way to diffuse them and also makes them look a little silly with absolutely no intimidation or put downs.
When someone mentions Tupperware...I jokingly say...Oh no, not the "T" word and laugh! All companies have products with positive points and I never put other companies or stores down. When someones makes a comment on how they can buy an item (for example a scraper) at the Dollar Store or Walmart for so much cheaper. I agree with them. Then I ask them if they can scramble eggs in a hot pan with the other scrapers or if their scraper comes with a guarentee? Let's face it, some people not only thrive on negative but try to get others to agree with them so they can look like they are right. Also, they somehow get enjoyment out of being mean in public. I never confront them or talk about them to the host. Ususally if someone is still heckling after this...others will quiet them down...just like Lisa's granmother!! She did a wonderful job and kindly put that very rude guest in her place. Unfortunately, it can make for an uncomfortable show, but as the Lemonaide Lady says...take that lemon and put a twist on it for some sweet lemonaide!! I have had guests buy items that hecklers have put down because of what they learned about the product.

Difuse them with humor....Prior to PC and Real Estate, I was an entertainer for many years, I traveled alot and sang 4-6 nights a week, and even though I believe in my God given talent, you still get those who are just looking for the attention. And I have always learned to use my backward wit to foil these folks. Shine the spotlight on them for a bit, they love it....:p and move on.

It isn't personal, it is just negative people or people who LONG for attention and yet go for the negative attention.

Alot of times, just a look and a smile on your face :rolleyes: does it....

I'm sorry that happened to you....they don't understand what it is like to be in your shoes. When you think about it, we are ALL performers.....when we do a show for someone that we really don't know and it is a crowd of strangers we can be whatever or whoever we want to and it doesn't matter. We are actors.....we can be funny, serious, goofy, but we have to make it fun and informational and fact finding for the attendees.....

My 1st show was at my house, my best friend was here, I booked and recruited from her show, every item I showed a product she asked questions about it, mind you I think she owns every PC product made...LOL...:p ...but she was "testing" me..she made in fun of my cooking (ouch :( )..it was just a few people, but friends and neighbors....at 1st I got :mad: ...then I put on the :rolleyes: and all in all, I knew my stuff....it was good, she threw me some curve balls, but I had game.....:cool: AND she told me she was impressed with the stuff I cooked up....hmph.:eek:

So whenever you get that person in the crowd, look at them with one raised eyebrow, tilt you head and give a little grin and continue....LOL...and yes use sarcasm for humor, always with a smile, a giggle and a ;) ...I've always thought, you came to see ME, I didn't come to see YOU....this is what I do, let me do what I do...if you don't LIKE what I do, GO HOME....:D

But DO NOT let that get you down.....I know it use to make me feel small and insecure with myself....but then I realized that it isn't ME...it is THEM.....

You did good....and yeah, you'll meet more like her....but you'll learn to joke with them and use that light hearted sarcastic humor that makes everyone laugh....

Oh, my 2nd show, I had one attendee get up and show ME how to use an item and I was laughing my head off....so I segwayd into "you should be a consultant...."....

I can't get over the host though, that was really not needed....giving away stones etc...what a fruitcake....you should've grabbed it and said you'd take it for payment in lieu of lost sales because of her giving stuff away....

Next time, tell them your sending the PC Posse after them....LOL

I did a Home show this weekend and had a booth at the end of a row where everyone needed to pass. (it was a great location)

Anyways, I had about 8-10 people at my table filling out prize drawing slips and I was talking about the specials and the new products WHEN, This guy walks by and says "your ice cream scoop sucks" Not only was it uncalled for it was just plain rude. So I simply said in my sweetest voice, did you put it in the dishwasher???? Of course he says yeah. Then I stated, that is what is wrong with it! He just kept walking away.

Even though people are entitled to thier own opinion, some people think it is thier god given right to express it whenever, wherever and however they want. Those are the kinds of people that others look at as the "bad apple".

pampered1224 said:
Never closing a show without at least one booking:
I realized we have a leverage point with ALL of our hosts. That is the booking bonus for hosting another show. So, in my case: I NEVER CLOSE A SHOW WITHOUT at least one booking. And that is a rebooking of the current host. This way 1, 2 or 5 months down the road, when you need a show, you can call that past host and tell her she can get TWO of the monthly specials. You just it. When I open a show, I automatically go in, click add host order then book them right away. So...
I do not know if that is exactly what you were looking for but you can not twist someone's arm to make them book and you can't hold a show open forever.

Explain better please what you mean by two hostess specials and what you mean by YOU JUST IT

Ice Cream DipperI put my dipper in the dishwasher all the time. It does nothing to the gel in the handle, but it does dull the color of the finish. I think the guy was just being rude!

KirstenAnne said:
Explain better please what you mean by two hostess specials and what you mean by YOU JUST IT

I think she means at the 2nd show, the host will be able to get the host special like a regular host, and a 2nd host special as the booking benefit. For example, if you did this with a January host and book an April show on her show for that same host, she could get the jumbo flipper 60% off as the host special and the bbq set 60% off as the booking benefit for the booking off of her January show.

I hope this makes sense!

What is the best way to get started with Pampered Chef?

The best way to get started with Pampered Chef is to attend a Pampered Chef party hosted by a friend or consultant. This will give you a chance to see the products in action and learn more about the company and its opportunities. You can also reach out to a consultant directly to learn more about joining their team.

What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the opportunity to earn income through commissions on sales, bonuses for reaching certain milestones, and discounts on products for personal use. You also have the flexibility to set your own schedule and work as much or as little as you want.

What is the training and support like for Pampered Chef consultants?

Pampered Chef provides extensive training and support for its consultants. This includes online training resources, in-person training events, and a network of experienced consultants who can offer guidance and support. You will also have a mentor who will be there to help you every step of the way.

Do I need to have a cooking or sales background to be successful as a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, you do not need to have a cooking or sales background to be successful as a Pampered Chef consultant. The company provides all the training and support you need to be successful. However, having a passion for cooking and sharing it with others can be beneficial.

What are the start-up costs for becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

The start-up costs for becoming a Pampered Chef consultant vary depending on the kit you choose to purchase. The minimum cost is $109 for the New Consultant Kit, which includes over $450 worth of products and business supplies. You can also choose to upgrade to a larger kit for more products and supplies. There are no additional fees or hidden costs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• barbchan
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • babywings76