1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Helping hand and 1st shows for the new recruit

1. Malinda Klein

Malinda Klein Advanced Member Gold Member

I heard of this way to help get bookings at a new recruits first show, but can't remember if i'm remember this correctly and wanted everyone's opinion.

The way it worked was the new consultant trace's a silhouette of her hand on an 8x11 sheet of paper. On each finger she puts down the available show date.

Her recruiter says at the end of the demo: Didn't "Jane" do a wonderful job tonight! Everyone needs a helping hand and i'd like to pass out Jane's hand to each of you tonight. If you'd like to help her start her business strong, please put your name on a finger indicating you'll have one of her first cooking shows. If you'd like to do a catalog show, put your name in between two fingers, and if you'd like to be a consultant like Jane, put your name in her palm and the two of you will learn together."

Is anyone familiar with this? Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm hosting a grand opening August 6th for my 2nd recruit and thought I'd try this.

Jul 19, 2009
  2. chefHLM

chefHLM Member

I've never heard of it before, but it sounds like a great idea! Please let us know it how works out!

Jul 19, 2009
  3. mscharf

mscharf Advanced Member

I have used this without being soo complicated!! Just draw the hand and ask each friend at the end of the show "Who is going to give Jane a helping hand in starting her business."
    Have them write their name on a finger and the hostess can then make the contact to set date, etc. Some might be interested in helping, but don't know date at that moment so they wont' write their name down. I would rather get the YES and then work with them to set a date!!

Jul 20, 2009
Have something to add?