• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can a Warped Stockpot Be Replaced After 8 Years?

In summary, The host's mother has a stockpot that she has had for 8 years, but it is warped. The host is asking if she can get it replaced because it has a lifetime guarantee. The host is having the consultant check with her tonight to see if she still has the receipt and if she knows which line the stockpot is from. If she doesn't have the receipt, she can ask to see the stockpot. If she knows about when she purchased it and who the host was, HO can look it up. The host is getting 60% off if she hosts a show in September.
astavnes
I have a host who is hosting a September show. She just emailed me today and said that her mother has a stockpot that she has had for 8 years, but it is warped and would like to know if she can get it replaced??? I am assuming it has a lifetime guarantee, but I don't know if the stockpot was under a lifetime guarantee 8 years ago. Can someone help with this one??? What do I do? I really want to help her with the return, so that she will be impressed enough to do business with me at her daughter's show. :confused:

From 8 yrs ago - there is a good chance that it is part of the Generation II cookware, which had a 2 yr warranty. What I have done in the past with a few people is offer them a 10% discount on a new pan with a lifetime warranty.

Does she have her receipt? it would probably say on there..... then you could call home office.

I am having the host...check with her tonight to see if she still has the receipt and if she knows what line the stockpot is from...hopefully I will be able to help her.

I help facilitate exchanges whenever I can, however, if I wasn't the consultant, I make sure the person has their receipt. I tell them the truth. I can't help them if they don't have the receipt.

If she doesn't have the receipt but knows about when she purchased it and who the host was, HO can look it up. As much as we tell people to, they don't keep receipts. Also, it helps to ask to see the item. I just met with a host and she needs a new collar for the food chopper. I just glanced at it and could tell from the date that it was about 7 years old so not under warranty.

Thanks you all.

There are some good points brought up.

If the stockpot has black plastic handles, but no rivets on the inside of the pot, it's Generation II, which only had a 2-year warranty. I'd do what Becky suggested and offer 10% off a replacement. You can even offer her a deal if she hosts and replaces it with host credit. Yes, it'll cost you some money out of your pocket, but you'll have a customer for life and you'll get points for Pan-o-Rama. ;)

She'll get 60% off if she hosts a show in September. That hosting could just be a $150 personal order.

beepampered said:
She'll get 60% off if she hosts a show in September. That hosting could just be a $150 personal order.

I didn't know that:eek: Last year my aunt placed almost a $200 order for Christmas gifts!! Do you enter it as a personal order or a show??

I would enter it as a show!! Get her as much stuff as possible, and she'll want to do it again, right?

Paula

I'd enter it as a show as well. Then, she'd have a 10% discount card all year!

Can she be the host & only guest on her own show???

1. How can I track my order?

You can track your order by logging into your account on our website and clicking on the "Order History" tab. From there, you will be able to see the status of your order and any tracking information available.

2. Can I return a product if I am not satisfied?

Yes, we have a satisfaction guarantee and we want you to be completely happy with your purchase. If for any reason you are not satisfied, you can return the product within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.

3. What do I do if my product arrives damaged?

If your product arrives damaged, please contact our customer service team immediately. We will work with you to resolve the issue and send a replacement product if necessary.

4. How do I redeem a promotion code?

To redeem a promotion code, simply enter the code in the designated box during checkout. The discount will be applied to your order if it meets the requirements of the promotion.

5. Can I change or cancel my order after it has been placed?

If you need to make any changes or cancel your order, please contact our customer service team as soon as possible. We will do our best to accommodate your request, but please note that orders are processed and shipped quickly so we cannot guarantee any changes can be made.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• merego
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • minirottie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • melindagilbert