• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are These the Official May Specials for the 2007 Help Whip Cancer Campaign?

L
luvs2cook
Good morning. For those of you who went to Leadership Conference, are the May guest specials the following?

Pink mini measure $6.50 (Easy Read Mini Measure cup with pink handle?)
Pink nylon knife - $5.50 (??)
Pink flexible scraper - $7 (like a skinny scraper?)

And Host special
Pink Small Simple Additions bowls or Caddy $13 or large Rectangular Platter - $18.40

I need to get a May HWC order form created and just wanted to make sure that those are the specials.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
what I was told, it was the measure-all cup that is only 1 cup

I don't know anything else except what was told here

That sounds about right. There are pics in the Feb. newsletter that IS online already.

The Flexible Scraper is not exactly like the skinny scraper. It's hard to describe - but cool! The Nylon Knife is just that - a pink knife that's made out of nylon, like the precursors to the Chef's Tools. Seasoned consultants will remember the Nylon Knife and Fork Set. It's the knife out of that set, but pink.

chefann said:
That sounds about right. There are pics in the Feb. newsletter that IS online already.

The Flexible Scraper is not exactly like the skinny scraper. It's hard to describe - but cool! The Nylon Knife is just that - a pink knife that's made out of nylon, like the precursors to the Chef's Tools. Seasoned consultants will remember the Nylon Knife and Fork Set. It's the knife out of that set, but pink.

What newsletter?

I can't find pictures in the February CN.

If that is what you are talking about - what page?

Thanks

~

Did anyone write down the prices of the HWC products when they announced them at leadership?

Thanks

I got this on another post:

pink mini measure-all cup $6.50
pink nylon knife $5.50
pink flexible scraper 47.00

May Host Special :

Pair of pink SA small bowls with the small bowl caddy $13
White rectangular platter with handles $18.40

Ann - Thank you!!!!

pamperedharriet said:

pink nylon knife $5.50

May Host Special :

Don't think so... The flexible scraper cannot be worth $47!:eek: :eek:

pamperedharriet said:

pink nylon knife $5.50

May Host Special :

I meant $7.00 guess I hit the wrong key by mistake, thanks, Beth for correcting me.

haha, I think she pressed 4 without the shift key! ($) 7.00

I'm guessing her finger slipped off the shift key and it's $7.00.

See, I was right.

That's what happened!

Thank you for the prices Harriet!

You're welcome, Gillian!

Thanks everyone...did they announce a May guest special or is it the HWC stuff?? This is my first HWC month, thanks in advance!

???
pamperedharriet said:

pink nylon knife $5.50

May Host Special :

THE SCRAPER IS $ 47.00???

LIZ

Measure All Cup Mini 1 Cup Pink...
whiteyteresa said:
what I was told, it was the measure-all cup that is only 1 cup

I don't know anything else except what was told here

MEASURE ALL CUP MINI 1 CUP PINK...I heard the same thing :)

liz

No need to delete- we all wondered for a second... I just knew PC wouldn't try to sell a scraper for $47!!

lisacb77 said:
Thanks everyone...did they announce a May guest special or is it the HWC stuff?? This is my first HWC month, thanks in advance!

Yes, Lisa, the May specials are always the HWC stuff. It's a great month!:)

The Host specials for May (I know this is slightly off topic) are:
Small Bowl Caddy with 2 pink bowls (light pink, have the awareness ribbon on the bottom of the inside)
OR
White Rectangular Platter with Handles (for hosts who don't want pink stuff)

Thanks Lacy. So no guest special with purchase that month, just the HWC sales?

Thanks!

I offered a special last year (my first year) if they spent $50 or more, I would give them one of the HWC products.

I will probably offer the measure all cup for FREE if they spend $50 or more this year. I would still make a little off of that special. I think it is important to offer the guest something for FREE and helping a great cause.

~

lisacb77 said:
Thanks Lacy. So no guest special with purchase that month, just the HWC sales?

Thanks!
That is correct. We didn't always have "free with purchase" specials, and when we did have them occasionally, people hated them! Now they're used to them. But May has no freebie - tell them to stock up on the Pink stuff for "emergency" gifts.

I will probably offer one of the HWC items as a freebie myself. That will help me get my sales up and my counts of HWC items up so I can go to the Breakfast of Caring at Conference. (Off topic- with my January sales, I FINALLY earned Career Club lunch!)

Ann- a tip for breakfast of caring is that at the end of the month if you are close (or not) buy as many HWC products as you can afford. I sell them at my shows for the few months after HWC because people still want to help, and the $1 from each product was already donated so it is on the up and up!!

chefann said:
That is correct. We didn't always have "free with purchase" specials, and when we did have them occasionally, people hated them! Now they're used to them. But May has no freebie - tell them to stock up on the Pink stuff for "emergency" gifts.

I will probably offer one of the HWC items as a freebie myself. That will help me get my sales up and my counts of HWC items up so I can go to the Breakfast of Caring at Conference. (Off topic- with my January sales, I FINALLY earned Career Club lunch!)
I ordered a ton of HWC Ribbon pins and offered one FREE to anybody that ordered two HWC items. They loved it and zI got more donations for ACS. Laurel

What is bfast of caring? I may not be able to go to conference this year but curious.

WHat do you need to qualify for this breakfast.

Gillian- I already plan to order a bunch of the mini measure alls as host gifts.

to others: Breakfast of Caring is a special breakfast at Conference. When it first started, it was for HWC only, but a few years ago, they expanded it to include RUFTH. You need to have $150 in donations for either program to be invited. And having $100 for one and $50 for the other doesn't count! I didn't make it last year, but I heard that it was REALLY BIG, so they may adjust the donation minimum. That breakfast is the reason I'm bummed that the donation report from PP doesn't exist yet in P3. You can look up your RUFTH donations for the season (9/1-6/30 for BOC), then look up the number of heart trivets you sold and multiply that number by $2. HWC is easier - look up the number sold of each HWC item, and then add the donation percentage for any HWC fundraisers you did.

I have one of the mini measure all cups from the last time they had that in the HWC campaign a few years back and use it to measure my dog's food.

Thanks Ann! I'm at almost $72 in RUFTH. I may have to rethink skipping conference then!

I am so glad they came out with themini cup again. I did a really dumb thing...stuck a knife through the bottom of mine : S

I can't wait to sell the crap out of those nylon knives! My SIL brought over a dessert for super bowl in a nonstick baking pan and it was sliced to crap on the bottom from cutting on the surface. I am going to ask her if I can bring it to my May shows and show people what this knife will help avoid!!

Hey, Gillian--what a great idea! You can show what happens when you use the wrong tools! Very cool. Hope your SIL lets you borrow it for shows and doesn't get offended. Maybe you'll have to give her the nylon knife or buy her one as a thank-you.

Woo hoo! I'm $8 away from Breakfast and I still have months to go!

I have $104 in round up and I've sold 19 trivets. :D

We haven't even hit HWC yet!

or give her a stone as a thank you for loaning it

Oh I forgot about the trivets, that's $2 right? I haven't sold many but I will go check now.

The other thing to remember when you're adding up your RUFTH donations is that if you round up your supply orders, those don't get added to the donations report. So you'll have to go into those individually and add them, too.

I never thought of rounding up my supply orders! So do you mark that as a biz expense or charitable deductions on your taxes? My head is spinning!

I was at about $82 before today. I had a customer round up like 7 bucks! I just may have to think about conf after all :)

Lisa,
Even if you don't earn BoC, you really should go to Conference. You'll get some great ideas and the energy is fantastic. It's like 3 straight days of being on here, but better! And it'll give you a chance to really get to know some of the other folks in your cluster.

YES! Go to conference - you can split costs with other consultants...rooming, meals, cab/bus to airports. [I take the EL into the city and hike a few blocks to my hotel - less than $5 from the airport!], then PC buses you around from 2 main hotel locations to Chicago's awesome conference center - very slick, very very well done.

Thanks Ann...just trying to figure out how to work it all in this year. I usually visit my best bud up north in May, but our alumni club has a fundraiser that month and my cousin is getting married...then it's off to Hawaii in June for parents' 30 yr wedding vow renewal. So I may have to visit her in July. I hope I can fit it all in!

DebbieJ said:
Woo hoo! I'm $8 away from Breakfast and I still have months to go!

I have $104 in round up and I've sold 19 trivets. :D

We haven't even hit HWC yet!

That's great Debbie!:)

Hey did you all notice this???There is no Breakfast of Caring this year. The dollar amounts to be recognized are the same but it seems there is no seperate Breakfast of Caring any more.
"We want everyone to recognize Consultants who go above and beyond to raise funds for our Help Whip Cancer and Round-Up from the Heart giving campaigns.
That's why, this year, in place of the Breakfast of Caring, we're recognizing these consutltants in a way that's visible to everyone!
Consultants who submit a total of $150 or more in contributions to the Help WHip Cancer campaign, our Round-Up from the Heart campaign, and/or are food bank coordinators will receive a special lanyard signifying their contributions. Wear it proudly at Conference!"
Then:
"TOP CONTRIBUTORS
Consultants who have raised at least $150 for a single charitable program will be honored with reserved preferential seating at the General Session Breakfast on day 2 of Conference. Please join us in celebrating their commitment to our charitable programs.
In addition, all contributors also will recieve recognition during a National Conference General Session."

So there it is. $150 one or both programs will get you in the "IN" group.
So far for 5 years I have been recognized for both. This year will not be an exception. I have to much at stake: too many friends who have gotten and lost, gotten and survied and could get breast cancer. And it never hurts to feed people who need it. That's my thinking. And besides, we get what we give. And even if it's only the good feeling, that's enough for me.

Last edited:

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef.Wanda
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperChefCarol
  • jennytodd
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
naekelsey