1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Help W/pp3!!!

1. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

Please tell me it will grow on me, because right now I HATE EVERYTHING about it. Should I just keep playing around with it till I like it? TIA...:( :eek: :(

Feb 19, 2007
  2. chefkristin

chefkristin Senior Member Gold Member

I am not liking it much either. Your not alone!

Feb 19, 2007
  3. amy07

amy07 Senior Member

I don't have anything to compare it to since that's all I received in my kit.......but I have found it easy to maneuver in........once I got it installed, which was a nightmare! But that was due to the new vista. But I would think for those of you used to using another program it must be difficult to change over. Just keep positive........

Feb 19, 2007
  4. chefkristin

I better get used to it if that what the new people are getting in their kits. How can I explain something I am not familiar with :eek:

Feb 19, 2007
  5. Ginger428

thats exactly why I installed it....so when I start getting ALL those RECRUITS!!!:rolleyes: ...LOL I'll be able to help them!:cool:

Feb 19, 2007
  6. poohritz

poohritz Member Gold Member

i like it

what can I say but I haven't used anything else either. I have found it easy to understand, maybe because I am working on a computer all day that it came easy. i have submitted 2 shows and 2 supply orders already and like how it shows you what issues there are before you can submit. I looked around the old one and found it not as straight forward. one tip I can give you is go through the training on it. that helped me.

Feb 19, 2007
  7. Ginger428

OK...GREAT Thx!!!

Feb 19, 2007
  8. Cara

Cara

I decided to install it and start using it since I have a few new recruits starting and wanted to be familiar with it. I have since submitted 3 shows using it and after playing around a bit and figuring out where to put the bookings and how to print receipts I actually am liking it better. My best advice is to keep using it because I'm sure it's just a matter of time before everyone will have to use it exclusively.

Feb 19, 2007
  9. Ginger428

OK...thanks, will do.....;)

Feb 19, 2007
  10. chefjen80

chefjen80 Novice Member

I have been using it for a few weeks now and at 1st I did not like it much but after I have navigated through the program and tried to find different things I am starting to like it a lot better. I had a really hard time figuring out how to do something as simple as the quantity. I asked support and they said to just enter item number then tab then quantity and it does not show up right away but it does enter it in.
    We will get there!!

Feb 19, 2007
  11. Ginger428

okie dokie....lol....i'll keep playing with it!;)

Feb 19, 2007
  12. SillyChef

SillyChef Veteran Member

I love PP3 vs. PP. I thought that is what a "professional" consultants workspace should look like. I had the PP installed before. But PP3 seems so much easier to deal with... Plus, it lets you multi-task. :D

Feb 19, 2007
  13. pamperedharriet

pamperedharriet Legacy Member

I am using P3 and have no issues. Just take your time, review the starter guide and you will not have a problem. It is refreshing and more user friendly than PP in my opinion.

14. pamperedharriet

What don't you like about it Kristin?

15. Ginger428

Was just playing around with it again, STILL dont like it, but I'll get there...;)

Feb 19, 2007
  16. pamperedharriet

It's like everything else that is new. You just have to take your time, go step by step it will work out in the end.

17. RachelNguyen

RachelNguyen Guest

I am very concerned that after 6 months you no longer have access to detailed show information. That worries me if a customer has lost their receipt and needs warrantee information. I used to be able to print one out for them, but now, no more.

Feb 19, 2007
  18. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I think PC is getting away from requiring receipts because they have all the info they need electronically from the show.

Feb 19, 2007
  19. pamperedharriet

Rachel: You can still retrieve the show after 6 months and get the receipts.
    You just can't change anything at all after the 6 months. What you do is click on the show and then you can click summary and see all about the show--who ordered what,etc or you can click on print receipts and click on who you need a receipt for.:) No need to worry, it is there.

20. pamperedtiffani

pamperedtiffani Member

What I missed the most were some of the receipts that you can't generate in pp3 yet. I went back to regular PP.

For example... an easy glance at a payment overview of a show.
    In PP3 you have to click on each customer to see their total AND how they paid for it.

Just a thought

21. letscook04

letscook04 Senior Member Gold Member

What receipts? I just submitted a show and printed out receipts. I love PP3!!

Good bye old one!! LOL

Feb 19, 2007
  22. pamperedharriet

There is a payment overview on P3 but it does not break it down by customer. It will give you the total unpaid, total paid by cash, check, etc.

23. soccermama

soccermama Advanced Member

I decided to just go with P3... no one else in my cluster seems to be wanting to try it, but I know that I have a new TEAM member joining me soon and I'll want to know how to help her. I've found that I LOVE P3... the big difference I've found is that once you enter the show info, you can't change the show type, but that's not a big deal to me, I guess.....

I like the overviews, the way items are entered.... I just like the whole program!!!! (and I've been using the old PP for many years.... I was a consultant before and did this for about 3 years... so I've had probably 4 years or more on PP) P3 will be a great upgrade and I can hardly wait to help others in my cluster learn the new program!!!!

Feb 19, 2007
  24. soccermama

Almost forgot.... a COOL thing that I LOVED....... I submitted a supply order on P3 the other day and I got an email confirmation that it was received! I haven't submitted a show with it yet, but I sure hope that it does the same thing! Too cool :)

Oh.... and when I open up a show that was submitted, in the Summary screen it shows me right there the day and time it was received by HO!!!!!

Feb 19, 2007
  25. letscook04

letscook04 Senior Member Gold Member

Yes, even if you submit a show you receive an email! It's great!!

Feb 20, 2007
  26. chefkristin

I don't know really-LOL! I am just not a big change lover. I am going to play around with it until I feel comfortable. I actually got an update on it today. Anyone else?

Feb 20, 2007
  27. chefkristin

Can you submit a supply order in P3 and still do your show from PP?

Feb 20, 2007
  28. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Nope- once you submit something with P3, you're committed.

Some of us should have been committed a long time ago.... :)

Feb 20, 2007
  29. chefkristin

I thought we were waiting for all the bugs to get out.

Feb 20, 2007
  30. chefkristin

Oh I am a little slow. Commited! Yeah-right! LOL!!!!

Feb 20, 2007
  31. Ginger428

Well played around with it this morning & STILL HATE IT!!!:( 1 of the features I really like from PP is where you are able to look up ALL items sold, get a reciept from any show,top 100 sales, etc....The new 1 has such limited choices. Oh Well...I'll go back in awhile & try again.....:( :( :(

Feb 20, 2007
  32. jenniferknapp

jenniferknapp Legacy Member Gold Member

I think that they will add more reports as we move along... just like they added the expense report!

33. soccermama

LOL I should have been committed LONG ago ;)

If you're a Director, you still need PP because there are some reports that aren't available in P3 (YET).... since I haven't promoted (YET) I'm switching over because the sooner I change over, the easier it will be for me to help my new TEAM members with the program. My director is an hour away, so I need to be as able to help my local TEAM as possible.

Give the program a chance... The Pampered Chef team at Home Office would not release something that is not going to help us in our business! Have faith in them, they know what they're doing ;)

Feb 20, 2007
  34. Ginger428

I'm not knocking anybody Or anything....just stating that so far I HATE IT & I'm trying to get used to it for the same reasons...to help the People I am about to recruit. BUT so far I STILL HATE IT!!!! IMHO....:( :( :(

Feb 20, 2007
  35. pamperedharriet

You even get an e-mail telling you that it has been shipped!:)

36. pamperedharriet

Ginger:

Some of those are there like being able to print old receipts,etc. Little by little they are bringing some of our favorite features over. Some one said to drop them a note and tell them what you are looking for and they will look into it if they haven't already.

I for one am happy with it and look forward to the additions of more reports.

Have you taken the starter guide tour yet, Ginger? It helps tell you where things are,etc.

37. pamperedharriet

I got an update yesterday.

38. Ginger428

Thank you so much for your time & effort with me Harriet. I know in the long run I will have to change over, I'll just take my time & maybe send some emails to HO & in time I'll like it just as well...Thanks again for all your help....:D ;) :cool:

Feb 20, 2007
  39. pamperedharriet

No problem, Ginger. We are all in this together. It is a much different format than what we are used to but believe me the more you use it the more you will like it. Eventually everything we want will be there. It is more important that they add the reports properly and in a timely fashion than rush them on.

Wait till you close a show and get ready to submit it from P3--it walks you through the whole process and lets you know where there are errors or something you might have missed--that is an awesome feature!

40. Ginger428

OK...GREAT...Thx!!:D

Feb 20, 2007
Have something to add?