• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Carry to Your Gigs? My Pampered Chef Loadout Story

In summary, Angela says that the most important thing is to take a sample if possible, and to take only what is needed for the recipe. She also says that she tries to limit herself to what she brings to shows.
Carissidy
When I first started PC, I took everything with me bc all I had was my kit. Well, as all of you know your "kit" grows and now I was just wondering what people actually bring with them to shows? Right now my load is getting pretty heavy...:eek:

Angela,
I have the same problem - I take wwwaaaayyyy too much stuff. My AD put it to me this way - if someone is at one of your shows and wants to become a consultant, would they want to schlep around all of the stuff that you brought with you? I limit myself now. I have the rolling case and my TTA. If it will fit in there, I will take it! I try now to take everything that comes in the new kit, because those are such awesome products. They, I will tailor anything else that I take according to my recipe and the host/guest specials. I also ALWAYS take cookbooks and spices, because they are great add ons.

I am having a hard time weeding through because I think that if I am going to be the customer and am looking to purchase it, I would rather hold it and see it instead of just ordering out of a catalog? UUgghh!:cry:

Well, always know...you could take everything that you own except for 1 piece - and that would be the exact piece that someone would want to see! You just can't take it all!! Just take a sample. If I am not using stoneware, I take the small bar pan - it is tiny, but still shows the stoneware! The small bowls and caddy are perfect to show the SA - you get the idea. Do you use crates or the new bag?

I use the new bag...

I have a bad habit of bringing too much stuff as well! I tried to pair it down somewhat at my last show and felt like I had "forgotten" a whole bunch of stuff! I'm going to have to figure outhow to strike a balance between too much and too little! ;)

No offense but you certainly didnt help me kacey.... your going to have to come up with better than that... Just Kidding ;)

I agree with whoever said our job would look overwhelming to a perspective recruit when we carry a lot. A year ago I started carrying only what I needed plus pieces from each of the collections.
SA- bowl
saute pan- to pass around with ice cube demo
Piece of stoneware- try always to do a demo that uses stoneware anyway.Tool-turn about- items I'll be using in demo set aside, then the TTA sits on a table for "handling"Mandoline Always!!!! I demo cutting a potato or tomato. I starting selling more when I did thisI carry all inside the medium bag (we earned a couple of years ago),TTA bag on shoulder, take crate to put dirty dishes in, and my laptop bag.

I carry everything that's in the new consultant kit except I replaced the small bowls & caddy with the appetizer plates and caddy, TTA with extra small tools and the SS saute pan. I also take the specials for the month and next month's host special. -- the hardest thing is my desire to bring all the new products each season!:eek: :p

But if the recipe calls for a different stone I replace the large bar pan with that, and do the same with other heavier products.

I carry them in the new consultant tote and if needed the tote from the show-to-go system. I even put my paperwork in one of those 2 bags instead of a separate tote. So now at most I have 4 things to carry in (the 2 totes, TTA tote and my laptop). - oh and a table if I need it.

I used to carry a dish pan but now I bring a large plastic garbage bag and line my tote with it for the dirty dishes. That works great and saves me bringing another item!

I take only what I need for my recipe plus I take my large SS for my dirties.

If I'm not already using them as part of my demo I also take: the current host & guest special - usually I'm using it, next month's special (sometimes) something from stoneware, cookware, SA, and my TTA filled with the popular gadgets. Since we are in the first month of the new catalog I tend to take some of the new pieces as well.

I just wish someone would come and pack my stuff for me!! That is my least favorite part of PC!

When I was at NC one of the ladies said that what she does is she tells people

"If there is a product that you would like to see and I didn't bring it with me tonight, book a show and tell me what that product is and I will bring it to your show."

I thought that that was a great approach to bookings.

Thanks guys...I definitely think I am bringing too much but like you said it is so hard to decide what to leave behind!!

Off topic a little, but...
BethCooks4U said:
I carry everything that's in the new consultant kit except I replaced the small bowls & caddy with the appetizer plates and caddy, TTA with extra small tools and the SS saute pan. I also take the specials for the month and next month's host special. -- the hardest thing is my desire to bring all the new products each season!:eek: :p

But if the recipe calls for a different stone I replace the large bar pan with that, and do the same with other heavier products.

I carry them in the new consultant tote and if needed the tote from the show-to-go system. I even put my paperwork in one of those 2 bags instead of a separate tote. So now at most I have 4 things to carry in (the 2 totes, TTA tote and my laptop). - oh and a table if I need it.

I used to carry a dish pan but now I bring a large plastic garbage bag and line my tote with it for the dirty dishes. That works great and saves me bringing another item!

Does anyone clean the dishes at the hosts house? Well, rinse? Also, I do not have a laptop yet...is this required? What are we using the laptop for exactly...to enter orders? I really need to invest in a laptop very soon!

Depends on the host, bc my husband comes with me, sometimes he washes them while i enter the orders in my laptop. the laptop not required just easier for me. I love my laptop! less work when i get home! ;)

Carissidy said:
Depends on the host, bc my husband comes with me, sometimes he washes them while i enter the orders in my laptop. the laptop not required just easier for me. I love my laptop! less work when i get home! ;)

My husband is as supportive as I could ever hope for...but how do I get him to come to my shows and wash my dishes?? :D

LOL! Good question... he just volunteered! We have two young girls... 3 and 20 months so having an excuse to get out is probably his reason! ;)

Carissidy said:

My daughter will be coming along with me to many of my shows...she's 9! I may have her rinse the dishes?

What a blessing to have your husband come along with you:) !

He is good to me but I think he just loves the products... they're like toys to him, he loves to cook! :D

Carissidy said:
He is good to me but I think he just loves the products... they're like toys to him, he loves to cook! :D

Funny...I really become a consultant becuase of my hubby! I attebded my very first show ever in April for a friend and absolutely feel in LOVE with everything (you see, I didn't have ANY PC products at all)! So, I booked a show for myself. Hubby wasn't all that interested, but during the show...after seeing the catalog and listening attentively to the host (now my upline), and eating the receipe(jerk chicken salad)...he wanted just about everything in the catalog.

You should have seen him as we turned each page..."Oh, we need that and oh, we really want that!" So, that pushed me even further to wanting to sign up. I had already wanted to sign up from the very moment I attended my friends show, but hubby wasn't so sure. We(well, I was trying much harder) were both trying to figure out how I would work this into my already busy schedule!

Anway, I signed up and I'm soooooo very EXCITED!! i can't wait until my Grand Opening :)

I've "hired" my 14 year old daughter to go with me. She washes my dishes while I take orders and then when I'm done I pack up. In exchange she gets $5.00/show.

Related to What Do You Carry to Your Gigs? My Pampered Chef Loadout Story

1. What are the essential items that you always bring to your Pampered Chef gigs?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I always make sure to bring the following items to my gigs: my consultant bag, order forms, catalogs, business cards, host packets, and a pen. These are the basic necessities that I need to run a successful party or event.

2. Do you always bring cooking and baking tools to your Pampered Chef gigs?

It depends on the type of gig I am doing. If it's a cooking or baking demonstration, then yes, I will bring my essential tools such as knives, cutting board, and mixing bowls. However, if it's a catalog party or vendor event, I will only bring a small selection of tools to showcase to potential customers.

3. How do you transport all of your Pampered Chef items to your gigs?

I have a specially designed Pampered Chef consultant bag that is made to hold all of my catalogs, order forms, and other materials. It also has compartments for my cooking and baking tools. This bag makes it easy to transport and organize all of my items for each gig.

4. Is there anything else you bring to your gigs besides your Pampered Chef items?

Aside from my Pampered Chef items, I also bring a small tablecloth or display cloth to use for my demo table or display area. I also bring a small basket or tray to showcase smaller items like kitchen gadgets or seasoning mixes. Additionally, I always bring a positive attitude and a willingness to connect with potential customers.

5. Can you customize your loadout for different types of Pampered Chef gigs?

Absolutely! Each gig may require a different approach, so I always make sure to adapt my loadout accordingly. For example, for a bridal shower, I may bring wedding-themed kitchen tools and gift ideas. For a holiday-themed event, I will bring seasonal products and recipes. It's important to be flexible and cater to the specific needs of each gig.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janae72
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefevamo
  • Lilamyw3