• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Raise Funds for My Husband's Insulin Pump | Join Our PC Fundraiser!

In summary, Trish's husband's doctor wants him to get an insulin pump for his diabetes and the cost is about $5,000 up front, with about $480 for supplies & medicine each month. Trish would like to do a PC fundraiser for her husband and has contacted HO about it but is unsure if she can be the chairperson. She would like any other suggestions.
Trish1953
Silver Member
I've emailed HO with this question but wondered if anyone knew if this would work or had suggestions for it. My husband's doctor wants him to get an insulin pump for his diabetes. The cost is about $5,000 up front, with about $480 for supplies & medicine each month. I'm sure insurance will pick up some of this cost but there will still be a huge bill to pay. I would like to do a PC fundraiser for him. As a consultant, can I be the chairperson for something like this? Would all I have to do is establish a bank account for the money to go into or would I have to have a non-profit status? Any other suggestions welcome.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Fundraisers are for organizations only, not individuals. That being said, if there is an account at a bank, trust fund, etc. that they check could be written to, HO may approve it depending on if they agree with the "cause". I would suggest that you have someone else be the chairperson of the fundraiser and you be the consultant so it doesn't come across as greedy or a conflict of interests.

All you have to do is set up a bank account for the Joe Schmo Foundation (use your husband's name) and have that as the organization for the fundraiser.

I did a fundraiser for a little girl with cancer. We named it "Katie's Kare" (after her) and there were no problems with it. There was a special bank account established for the funds (they held many fundraisers for this little girl). Double check with the bank about special bank accounts they have for stuff like this...there are tons of different types account that you can open that will help you and well.

Good luck and I think will work wonderfully for you!

Hi Trish,Thank you for reaching out to HO and for considering a PC fundraiser for your husband's insulin pump. I'm sorry to hear about the financial burden this may cause for your family, but I admire your determination to find a solution.As a consultant, you can definitely be the chairperson for a fundraiser like this. You do not need to have a non-profit status, but it's always a good idea to check with your local laws and regulations just to be sure. In terms of establishing a bank account, it would be best to contact your bank and inquire about setting up a separate account for the fundraiser. This will help keep the funds organized and transparent.In terms of other suggestions, you could also consider reaching out to your team and fellow consultants to see if they would be willing to participate in the fundraiser. You could also reach out to your customers and community to spread the word and gather more support. Additionally, you could also consider doing a virtual cooking class as a fundraiser, where a portion of the proceeds can go towards your husband's insulin pump.I hope this helps and I wish you and your husband all the best. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns.Best,

What is the purpose of the fundraiser?

The purpose of the fundraiser is to help raise funds for my husband's insulin pump. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I am hosting a fundraiser where a portion of the sales will go towards purchasing the insulin pump for my husband.

How can I participate in the fundraiser?

You can participate in the fundraiser by placing an order through the Pampered Chef fundraiser event. You can also share the event with friends and family to help spread the word and increase sales.

What products are available for purchase?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen products, including cookware, bakeware, kitchen tools, and food items. You can browse the catalog online or attend a virtual party to see the products in action.

How much of the sales will go towards the insulin pump?

A portion of the sales, typically 15-20%, will go towards the insulin pump. This percentage may vary depending on the products purchased and the total amount of sales generated.

When will the fundraiser end?

The fundraiser will end on a specified date, typically 2-3 weeks after the event starts. This allows enough time for orders to be placed and processed. The exact end date will be communicated through the fundraiser event page and any other relevant channels.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithdot
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jessneeley
  • PampMomof3
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
Replies