• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Please!!!!!

Mar 30, 2006
Help! I have to make some Barbie Doll Cakes for a cake walk tomorrow and I have no idea how to wrap these up to carry to the cake walk. It has to be something that I can give away with the cake. Please help :eek: !

Thanks,
Brittiny

AlowayFamily

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2006
Could you place seran wrap under it and bring it around to wrap like you would a gift basket? Then you can tie it with ribbon and it will make a nice presentation. If the wrap is sticking to the cake, insert some toothpicks and that might help hold it away from the cake.

GeorgiaPeach

Veteran Member
Silver Member
Jan 22, 2005
Wilton has nice cardboard bases for cakes. You can get them from WalMart, Michael's, etc. I have used them in the past. They look better than a paper plate and can be thrown away. I have also gone to dollar stores in the past and bought a couple clear glass plates to keep on hand. I use them when I take cookies, cakes, food, etc to someone's house. If they don't get returned it's no big deal.

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
Or you could use the cardboard from a frozen pizza and then wrap the plastic wrap under the base up to the top and since the cardboard will be larger than the cake it might not stick as much?

bbauman07

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2005
AlowayFamily said:
Could you place seran wrap under it and bring it around to wrap like you would a gift basket? Then you can tie it with ribbon and it will make a nice presentation. If the wrap is sticking to the cake, insert some toothpicks and that might help hold it away from the cake.

You can oil the plastic wrap also to keep it from sticking.