• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Barbie Cake in Large Batter Bowl

In summary, the instructions say to bake two batter bowl cakes (one for the Barbie and one for the bottom half of the dress), and to frost the sides and top of the Barbie cake with a frosting that includes powdered sugar, butter, shortening, vanilla, and 3 tablespoons of milk. The frosting can also be tinted with food coloring if desired. Directions also say to trim off the rounded bottoms of the cakes, slice off the 2 inches from the bottom of one cake, and to assemble the cake using the bottom cake as the skirt for the Barbie doll.
momoftwins
My twins bday is September 10th and I want to make my daughter a barbie cake using the batter bowl. Does anyone have the instructions, etc on how to do this?? Any pictures to share??? Thanks in advance.

This was on the Use and Care cards. Here you go!!

Doll Cake
Ingredients:
Cake

2 packages (18.25 ounces each) yellow cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)

Frosting

1 package (2 pounds) powdered sugar (about 7 cups), divided
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1 tablespoon clear vanilla extract
6-7 tablespoons milk, divided
Food coloring (optional)

Decorations

7-inch doll pick cake decoration or 11-inch fashion doll
Ribbon, lace, tulle and straight pins

Directions:
1. For cake, preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour Classic Batter Bowl. Prepare 1 cake mix according to package directions. Pour into batter bowl. Bake 1 hour, 10 minutes to 1 hour, 15 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove to Stackable Cooling Rack. Cool 15 minutes. Run knife around outside of cake and gently turn out onto cooling rack, large end down. Repeat with remaining cake mix to make a second cake. Cool 3 hours.

2. For frosting, combine half of the powdered sugar with butter, shortening, vanilla and 3 tablespoons of the milk in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer until smooth. Add remaining powdered sugar. Beat until light and fluffy, adding more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, as needed for good spreading consistency. Tint some of the frosting with food coloring, if desired.

3. To assemble cake, using Serrated Bread Knife, trim off rounded bottoms of cakes to level. Slice off 2 inches from bottom (large end) of one cake and arrange on serving platter to serve as bottom of doll's skirt. (Wrap and freeze unused top portion of first cake for later use.)

4. Frost sides and top of cake on platter using Small Spreader; top with second cake. Frost second cake. Wrap top of doll with ribbon or lace; secure in back with pins. Insert doll into cake. To serve, remove doll and cut cake into slices with serrated bread knife.

Yield: 16 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 640, Total Fat 30 g, Saturated Fat 10 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Carbohydrate 90 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 420 mg, Fiber 0 g

© 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.

One tip (that I've shared before)...

Don't put Barbi in the cake before baking...her hair really doesn't like it! (no...I've never done it, but yes I know someone who has)

nikked said:
One tip (that I've shared before)...

Don't put Barbi in the cake before baking...her hair really doesn't like it! (no...I've never done it, but yes I know someone who has)

That would be ONE HOT MOMMA!!!

....sorry, couldn't resist :)

Thanks guys! She really wants a princess cake so not sure if this will make her happy or not! Guess we will see!

This is the one I made for my daughter.

Attachments

• DSCN0501.jpg
    DSCN0501.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 689
  • DSCN0503.jpg
    DSCN0503.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 721
You need a separate cake base because the barbie is too tall for the batter bowl. I just made a sheet cake.

Or two batter bowl cakes, cut one in half and use the bottom half. (Freeze the top half for munchies later)

Yes, the directions actually do call for you to bake two batter bowl cakes for the Barbie cake

Or, you can always use a pick. It's a doll from the waist up, but something like a plastic toothpick from the waist down. That's what I plan to use when I make a bride cake for an upcoming shower.

What is a Barbie Cake in Large Batter Bowl?

A Barbie Cake in Large Batter Bowl is a fun and creative way to make a cake using a Pampered Chef Large Batter Bowl. It involves baking a cake in the shape of a dress, with a Barbie doll placed in the center to resemble a princess or ballerina.

What ingredients do I need to make a Barbie Cake in Large Batter Bowl?

The basic ingredients for a Barbie Cake in Large Batter Bowl include cake mix, eggs, oil, and water. You can also add food coloring for a colorful cake and use frosting and decorations for the finishing touches. The specific measurements and other optional ingredients will depend on the recipe you choose to follow.

Can I use any type of Barbie doll for the cake?

Yes, you can use any type of Barbie doll for the cake as long as it has a removable bottom half. This will allow you to easily insert the doll into the cake without damaging it. You can also use other types of dolls or figurines if you prefer.

Do I need any special equipment to make a Barbie Cake in Large Batter Bowl?

No, you do not need any special equipment to make a Barbie Cake in Large Batter Bowl. However, you will need a Pampered Chef Large Batter Bowl, which is specifically designed for this type of cake. You can also use a regular large mixing bowl, but the cake may not turn out as perfect as it would with the Large Batter Bowl.

Do you have any tips for making a Barbie Cake in Large Batter Bowl?

Yes, here are some tips to help you make the perfect Barbie Cake in Large Batter Bowl:

• Make sure to thoroughly grease the inside of the bowl before adding the cake batter to prevent it from sticking.
  • Allow the cake to cool completely before decorating to avoid a melted frosting mess.
  • Use a serrated knife to cut a small hole in the center of the cake for the Barbie doll to fit in.
  • Be creative with the decorations and use different colors and textures to make the cake even more special.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kimdeb
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kimdeb
  • Tig
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • ShelbyMichalek