• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Pink Lemonade Cake Recipe for HWC Show

Invert cakes immediately, but leave pan over the cake for 10 minutes. Cool. Garnish (Flour Sugar Shaker filled with powdered sugar, tuck some mint leaves at the bottom, make strawberry fans with your Egg Slicer Plus and put those between the mint leaves!) as desired.Pink Lemonade Dessert Squares
pampchef.angel
I have a host who wants a pink lemonade cake at her HWC show next week. We won't be actually making the cake at the show, so those aspects of the recipe aren't important...I just can't find a good recipe. Any suggestions?

If you have the calendar, it's the recipe for the month of May. I don't have a calendar here at home, so, unless someone else posts, I won't be able to provide it until I go into the office tomorrow.

Staring at it right now...

Heavenly Lemon Angel Cake

5 drops red food coloring
1 pkg (16 oz) angel food cake mix
3 lemons
2 cups powdered sugar
2 cups thawed forzen fat-free whipped topping
1 pkg (10 oz) forzen raspberries in syrup, thawed

1 Preheat oven to 350°F. For cake, add food coloring to amount of water specified in pacakge. Prepare cake according to package directions. Pour batter into Rectangular Baker. Bake on center rack 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown, caracked and center is slightly sunken (Do not underbake). Remove baker from oven; invert onto Stackable Cooling Rack. Without removing baker, let stand until completely cooled (about 1 1/2 hours).
2. Poke holes in cake about 1 1/2 in. deep and 1/2 in apart with large fork. Zest lemons using Zester/Scorer to measure 1 tbsp zest. Juice lemons using Juicer to measure 1/3 cup juice. In Small Batter Bowl, combine sugar, juice, and zest; whisk until smooth. Pour glaze over cake, spreading evenly. Let stand 30 minutes or until glaze is set.
3 Attach open star tip to Easy Accent® Decorator; fill with whipped topping. Garnish each serving with whipped topping, top with raspberries.

Yield: 15 servings

US Nutrients per serving: Calories 220, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carobohydrate 52 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 300 mg, Fiber 1 g

This isn't the Pink Lemonade one but it's fabulous. I got it from another consultant.

STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE MICROWAVE CAKE

1 strawberry cake mix
1 tsp. strawberry extract
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 (3 oz. box) cheesecake pudding mix
16 oz. sour cream
1/2 cup oil
3 eggs
Garnish: whipped topping and fresh Strawberry fans.
Five Simple steps to success:
1. Spray your pan lightly and dust with flour (works best with Baker’s Joy).
2. Whisk eggs and pudding mix together in Classic Batter Bowl.
3. Add remaining ingredients, blending well with Mix N’ Scraper.
4. Drop batter into Fluted pan and microwave on high 12-14 minutes. (Watch your cake after 10 minutes if you microwave runs hot.) Works best if your have a turntable in your microwave.
5. Invert cakes immediately, but leave pan over the cake for 10 minutes. Cool. Garnish (Flour Sugar Shaker filled with powdered sugar, tuck some mint leaves at the bottom, make strawberry fans with your Egg Slicer Plus and put those between the mint leaves!) as desired.

Pink Lemonade Dessert Squares

Crust

1 1/4 cups finely crushed mini-twist pretzels (about 2 1/2 cups pretzels)

1 Tbls water

1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted

1/4 cup sugar

Filling

1 (8 oz) pkg reduced-fat cream cheese, softened

1 (8 oz) container light frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided

3/4 cup thawed, frozen pink lemonade concentrate

1 (3.3 oz) pkg white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling

1 lemon Quartered lemon slices (optional)

5-6 drops red food coloring (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F. For crust, finely crush pretzels in resealable plastic food storage bag with Meat Tenderizer. Place butter in Small Micro-Cooker; microwave on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until melted. Add water to melted butter.

In Small Batter Bowl, combine crushed pretzels and sugar; mix well and press over bottom of Medium Bar Pan. Bake 12 minutes. Remove from oven to Stackable

Cooling Rack; cool completely. For filling, place cream cheese in Classic Batter Bowl; microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until softened. Whisk cream cheese until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Gradually add lemonade concentrate, mixing well after each addition, until well blended. Zest entire lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer; finely snip zest using Kitchen Shears. Add lemon zest and food coloring, if desired, to cream cheese mixture.

Attach open star tip to Easy Accent Decorator; fill with 1 cup of the whipped topping and set aside for garnish. Add pudding mix to cream cheese mixture; whisk until well incorporated (mixture will be thick).

Fold in remaining whipped topping using Classic Scraper. Using Large Spreader, spread filling evenly over crust. Pipe 15 rosettes over dessert. If desired, garnish each rosette with one lemon slice. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Cut into squares using Utility Knife; serve using Mini Serving Spatula.

Makes 15 servings

quiverfull7 said:
This isn't the Pink Lemonade one but it's fabulous. I got it from another consultant.

STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE MICROWAVE CAKE

1 strawberry cake mix
1 tsp. strawberry extract
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 (3 oz. box) cheesecake pudding mix
16 oz. sour cream
1/2 cup oil
3 eggs
Garnish: whipped topping and fresh Strawberry fans.
Five Simple steps to success:
1. Spray your pan lightly and dust with flour (works best with Baker’s Joy).
2. Whisk eggs and pudding mix together in Classic Batter Bowl.
3. Add remaining ingredients, blending well with Mix N’ Scraper.
4. Drop batter into Fluted pan and microwave on high 12-14 minutes. (Watch your cake after 10 minutes if you microwave runs hot.) Works best if your have a turntable in your microwave.
5. Invert cakes immediately, but leave pan over the cake for 10 minutes. Cool. Garnish (Flour Sugar Shaker filled with powdered sugar, tuck some mint leaves at the bottom, make strawberry fans with your Egg Slicer Plus and put those between the mint leaves!) as desired.
Bet this would be great in DCB and you wouldn't have to turn it out.

For those of you that have made the pink lemonade squares - what do you think? I like them, but I was not crazy about the pretzel crust. I was thinking of trying it with a graham cracker crust ... what do you think? I also made a different pink lemonade bar recipe that is more like shortbread that I think I like better. I am making these before my show on Sat & taking them with me. :)

You guys are MOST awesome...thanks for all the suggestions!

cookingwithdot said:
For those of you that have made the pink lemonade squares - what do you think? I like them, but I was not crazy about the pretzel crust. I was thinking of trying it with a graham cracker crust ... what do you think? I also made a different pink lemonade bar recipe that is more like shortbread that I think I like better. I am making these before my show on Sat & taking them with me. :)

Do you think you could share the different pink lemonade bar recipe that you use? I love shortbread...

nancycookspc said:
Pink Lemonade Dessert Squares

Crust

1 1/4 cups finely crushed mini-twist pretzels (about 2 1/2 cups pretzels)

1 Tbls water

1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted

1/4 cup sugar

Filling

1 (8 oz) pkg reduced-fat cream cheese, softened

1 (8 oz) container light frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided

3/4 cup thawed, frozen pink lemonade concentrate

1 (3.3 oz) pkg white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling

1 lemon Quartered lemon slices (optional)

5-6 drops red food coloring (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F. For crust, finely crush pretzels in resealable plastic food storage bag with Meat Tenderizer. Place butter in Small Micro-Cooker; microwave on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until melted. Add water to melted butter.

In Small Batter Bowl, combine crushed pretzels and sugar; mix well and press over bottom of Medium Bar Pan. Bake 12 minutes. Remove from oven to Stackable

Cooling Rack; cool completely. For filling, place cream cheese in Classic Batter Bowl; microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until softened. Whisk cream cheese until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Gradually add lemonade concentrate, mixing well after each addition, until well blended. Zest entire lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer; finely snip zest using Kitchen Shears. Add lemon zest and food coloring, if desired, to cream cheese mixture.

Attach open star tip to Easy Accent Decorator; fill with 1 cup of the whipped topping and set aside for garnish. Add pudding mix to cream cheese mixture; whisk until well incorporated (mixture will be thick).

Fold in remaining whipped topping using Classic Scraper. Using Large Spreader, spread filling evenly over crust. Pipe 15 rosettes over dessert. If desired, garnish each rosette with one lemon slice. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Cut into squares using Utility Knife; serve using Mini Serving Spatula.

Makes 15 servings

This recipe sounds great! And I bet it's pretty to serve. The only problem is that my medium bar pan broke! I have the large and the small ones and I don't think I can get a replacement in time.

Here is the other pink recipe:pink Lemonade ThinsBars
1 ½ cups butter, softened
2/3 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 drops red food color, if desired
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flourPink Lemonade Glaze
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
5 to 6 teaspoons lemon juice
1 drop red food color1. Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease bottom only of 15x10x1-inch pan with shortening. In large bowl, beat butter, 2/3 cup powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons lemon peel, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 2 drops food color with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour until well blended. Press in pan, using floured fingers (flour fingers several times to prevent sticking).
2. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
3. In medium bowl, mix all glaze ingredients until smooth and spreadable. Pour glaze over warm bars; spread evenly (glaze will be very thin). Cool completely, about 1 hour. Bars are very tender; remove from pan using very flat-edged metal pancake turner. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 8 rows.

What ingredients do I need to make the Pink Lemonade Cake?

To make the Pink Lemonade Cake, you will need:- 1 box of white cake mix- 1 box of instant lemon pudding mix - 1/2 cup of vegetable oil - 1/2 cup of water - 3 eggs - 1/4 cup of frozen pink lemonade concentrate - 1 cup of powdered sugar - 2 tablespoons of milk - 1 drop of pink food coloring (optional)

Can I use a different type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a different type of cake mix if you prefer. However, the flavor and texture may differ slightly from the original recipe using white cake mix.

How do I make the Pink Lemonade Frosting?

To make the Pink Lemonade Frosting, simply mix together 1 cup of powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons of milk, and 1/4 cup of frozen pink lemonade concentrate. You can also add a drop of pink food coloring for a brighter color. Adjust the consistency by adding more powdered sugar for a thicker frosting or more milk for a thinner frosting.

Can I make this cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this cake ahead of time. It can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Make sure to bring it to room temperature before serving.

What Pampered Chef products can I use to make this recipe?

For this recipe, you can use the Pampered Chef Cake Pan Set to bake the cake layers. The Pampered Chef Ultimate Mandoline can be used to zest lemons for the frosting. You can also use the Pampered Chef Small Batter Bowl to mix the cake batter and the Pampered Chef Whipped Cream Maker to make whipped cream for serving with the cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefstover2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
baychef
  • chefshawna
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DeeDee616
  • Mama2bowbaby