• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Is SS Cookware like Salad Master?

In summary, the surgical quality stainless steel pan does not contain titanium, which makes the product waterless and non-stick. The cast, polished-stainless Cool V long handles stay cool on the stovetop, ergonomically designed for comfortable grip and easy lifting.
kisrae
Gold Member
I was at a show last night and was asked if the SS cookware was surgical Steel like Salad master. I didn't know the answer and told the person who asked that I'd get back to her.

Does anyone know? I did give her all the info I had on the SS but couldn't answer her question.
Thanks all.

I have wondered this same thing. I had a salad master show at my house. I was convinced I had to have it. Until, I got My PC SS. I have researched the two and here's the main difference: Our SS does not contain Titanium, which does not make our products waterless, or completely non-stick. Why would you want waterless?

Quote found:
"Titanium pans are truly non-stick, which means that you will need less oil or water to cook your food. This is great news for the health-conscious among us, because it eliminates the "invisible" calories added to foods by cooking fats. A single tablespoon of butter in the pan adds 100 calories to a meal - and many dishes require even more."
Even water, while better for the waistline and for the arteries than cooking fat, can drain vital nutrients from your food and dilute its natural flavor. Being able to cook without worrying about your food sticking to the pan can help you be healthier while preserving more flavor. "

Other companies say their 18/10 is surgical quality

Calphalon 10" Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Omelette Pan

Tri-Ply Stainless combines the beauty of stainless steel with the superior performance of aluminum. Interior and exterior layers of surgical-quality 18/10 stainless steel surround an inner core of highly-conductive, heavy-gauge aluminum. The aluminum core is not only on the bottom of the pan, but continues up the sides of the pan to spread heat evenly and respond to temperature changes quickly. The softly brushed, stainless interior provides clear visual clues when cooking and naturally masks signs of wear. And the mirror-polished exterior provides the brilliant look stainless lovers admire. The ergonomic Cool V handle design provides superior balance and feel, and vents heat away from long handles, keeping them touchably cool on the stove-top.

Features

Engineered to deliver professional-quality performance
Unique 3-ply construction combines heavy-gauge aluminum core and stainless steel to provide quick, even heating and brilliant good looks
Satin-finish interior maintains its good looks through years of use
100% dishwasher safe
Cast, polished-stainless Cool V long handles stay cool on the stovetop, ergonomically designed for comfortable grip and easy lifting
Heavy duty, stainless steel rivets permanently secure handles to lids and vessels for a lifetime of use

What is 18/10 stainless steel?

· The 18/10 refers to the proportion of chromium to nickel in the stainless steel alloy. To be classified as stainless steel, an iron base alloy must contain at least 10.5 % of chromium. The presence of chromium enables the steel to form an invisible layer of oxide that protects it against corrosion.
· If this layer is damaged, a new one forms immediately due to the oxygen content of the air. Increasing the chromium content to 18% has further increased this protection. The addition of nickel to the alloy increased its corrosion resistance while adding a bright polished appearance, hardness, and exceptional resistance to all temperatures. As the nickel level is increased, the quality of the stainless steel is increased. The “top of the line” boast 10% nickel content, the highest quality available in stainless steel.
· In addition a try ply encapsulated bottom ensures superb heat conductivity for rapid, even cooking. A sandwich layer of aluminum between two layers of 18/10 stainless is best.
· Stainless steel alone is not an effective conductor of heat. Aluminum on the other hand, readily absorbs heat. By absorbing heat faster than the neighboring stainless steel, it can provide even heat distribution before heat is transferred to the food, for faster more thorough cooking without “cold spots” or scorching “hot spots”. In a try-ply based, the aluminum is completely enclosed in stainless steel creating a finished base.

I sent off a question to HO to answer this question:

What makes a stainless steel pan of surgical quality?

I bought the surgical SS about 6 months before I signed with PC in 2005. So hubby said don't even think about buying cookware!! Through pan-o-rama, I finally got the Executive Cookware & LOVE IT! I only have the Saute' Pan in PC SS but I can say that I like the PC design much better, & as far as quality I can't tell that big of a difference. My surgical has never been anywhere near non-stick & there is a definite trick to learning to cook "waterless." While my surgical set contained more pieces than the PC set, the difference in price was pretty wide. I did get the roaster, electric skillet, & pressure cooker with mine in addition to the cookware set but it was $1500. As far as product value, PC wins hands down!

As for the titanium content, I think that has more to do with the strength of the metal than the non-stick properties. I know the titanium in our Exec line ensures that the pan won't warp.

Wow Julie, thanks for all the info. Just what I needed.

Tara's right. The titanium is more to do with the strength of the pan. I forgot to add that. That's why products containing titanium tend to be more pricy, titanium is expensive.

HO answer to SS questionHi Julie,

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef Test Kitchens with your
product question.

There are a number of selling points for our Stainless. The main
difference in our Stainless is the construction of the Pan and it's Tri-Ply
clad construction for even heat distribution. We've done LOTS of
testing comparing a variety of Stainless pans and have found the optimal
ratio of stainless to aluminum for best results.

In terms of the actual stainless we are unable to disclose details
about it's makeup because it is proprietary information, however the
Pampered Chef stands behind all its products and we insure the best quality
material is used for best results. Below I've listed some addition
selling-point that can help you educate the field about our Stainless.

Stainless Cookware Features
1. Tri-ply construction: A heat-conducting aluminum core is sandwiched
between two sheets of stainless steel. Our ratio of stainless to
aluminum is exclusive to The Pampered Chef®. This provides superior heat
distribution for a tri-ply construction.
2. 18/10* stainless steel interior with satin finish. The satin
interior finish provides easy release and cleanup; dishwasher safe.
3. 18/0* stainless steel exterior. Can use on all stovetops, including
induction** cooktops
* 18 = the amount of chromium in stainless steel; 0 = the amount of
nickel. The absence of nickel makes the stainless steel magnetic, a
necessity for induction cooking.
** Induction cooktops, which use magnetic energy, are increasingly
popular. Not all stainless cookware can be used with induction cooktops.
4. Measure marks on saucepans and skillets. Measure and cook in the
same pan; ideal when reducing sauces.
5. Extra-long, hollow cast stainless handles with "Y" design and
hanging loop. Stay cooler during stovetop cooking; convenient hanging storage
6. Pans are oven- and broiler-safe up to 500º F (260º C)* Added
versatility makes Stainless Cookware an excellent investment.
* Lids are heat resistant to 400º F (200º C).
7. Flared rims - Dripless pouring means less mess in the kitchen.
8. Tempered-glass lids - Cook faster by keeping heat and moisture in
while still keeping an eye on your meal. Lids also fit Executive Cookware
vessels.

If there are additional questions please let us know, we'd be happy to
help!

Sincerely, The Pampered Chef Test Kitchens
[email protected] voicemail: 630.261.4059

Hi there!I am a Pampered Chef consultant and I would be happy to help answer your question. While I cannot speak for Salad Master, I can tell you that our stainless steel cookware is made from high-quality surgical grade steel. This means that it is durable, long-lasting, and safe for cooking. Our cookware also has a multi-layer base for even heat distribution and is dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you for reaching out!

Related to Help Needed: Is SS Cookware like Salad Master?

1. Is SS Cookware the same as Salad Master?

No, SS Cookware and Salad Master are different brands and have different features and materials. SS Cookware is made of stainless steel while Salad Master is made of surgical-grade stainless steel and has a unique cooking system.

2. Can I use SS Cookware on an induction stovetop?

Yes, SS Cookware is compatible with induction stovetops as long as the bottom of the cookware is made of magnetic stainless steel.

3. Is SS Cookware dishwasher safe?

Yes, most SS Cookware is safe to use in the dishwasher. However, it is always recommended to check the manufacturer's instructions for specific care and cleaning recommendations.

4. Can I use metal utensils with SS Cookware?

Yes, SS Cookware is durable and can withstand the use of metal utensils. However, using wooden or silicone utensils can help prolong the life of the cookware.

5. Does SS Cookware come with a warranty?

Yes, most SS Cookware brands offer a warranty for their products. The length and coverage of the warranty may vary, so it is best to check with the specific brand for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • Cindycooks
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Cindycooks
Replies