• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Melting Ice in Cookware Question?

In summary, the cookware/ice demo is used to demonstrate the heat conductivity of the cookware. By placing an ice cube in the pan and passing it around, it shows how quickly the ice cube melts and how cold the pan remains. This is a technique used by consultant Jennifer Soto in her demo on the new DVD. It is recommended to do this demo about halfway through the overall presentation to show both the quick distribution and retention of heat in the cookware.
OhmyDLM
Silver Member
Ok, I know this is somewhere on here but I'm not having luck seeing it in my searches... can someone explain the cookware/ice demo? (melting the ice cube in the cookware as you pass it around) I had a consultant ask me about it and I wanted to give her the most correct answer I could. Thanks!

It's to help show how well the cookware conducts heat or in the case of the ice cube, cold. I also put an ice cube in a prep bowl to show that by the time the ice cube in the pan is melted the ice cube in the prep bowl hasn't even started to melt. The whole pan will feel cold as the ice cube starts melting.

Jennifer Soto has it as part of her demo on the new DVD.

But if you need it in words, here is what I've been doing for the past year or so.

Have one or two people feel the 8" saute pan (or whatever pan you want to use) to verify it is not already cold. Set the pan on the table and put one ice cube in it. Do your cookware talk and keep going with your demo. After two minutes or so, show the guests how much of the ice is melted. Pour out the water and pass the pan around so they can feel how cold it is.

I try to do this toward about 1/2 through my demo so at the end I can have them feel how cold the pan still is (of course, I always check the pan first - sometimes the house is so warm that the pan gets back to room temperature very quickly) to show how it not only distributes the heat quickly, but also retains the heat as well.

Thank you very much for that clarification, it's exactly what I was looking for!

<3 Darcy

Hi there! The cookware/ice demo is a fun and interactive way to showcase the amazing heat retention and even heat distribution of our cookware. Simply place an ice cube in one of our pots or pans and heat it up over a stove or hot plate. As the ice cube melts, you can pass the cookware around to demonstrate how the entire surface of the pan is evenly heated and how the handle stays cool to the touch. This demo also highlights the durability and non-stick properties of our cookware. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

1. How do I melt ice in my cookware without damaging it?

To melt ice in your cookware without damaging it, first make sure that your cookware is made of materials that are safe for melting ice, such as stainless steel or aluminum. Then, fill the cookware with hot water and place it on the stove over medium heat. As the water heats up, it will slowly melt the ice without causing any damage to the cookware.

2. Can I use my cookware to melt ice on a gas stove?

Yes, you can use your cookware to melt ice on a gas stove. However, it is important to use caution and not place the cookware directly on the flame. Instead, use a diffuser or a trivet to evenly distribute the heat and prevent damage to the cookware.

3. Is it safe to melt ice in non-stick cookware?

In general, it is not recommended to melt ice in non-stick cookware as the high heat can damage the non-stick coating. If you must use non-stick cookware for melting ice, make sure to use low to medium heat and monitor the process closely.

4. How long does it take to melt ice in cookware?

The time it takes to melt ice in cookware depends on the amount of ice and the type of cookware being used. Typically, it can take anywhere from 5-20 minutes on medium heat.

5. Can I use my cookware to melt ice for cooking purposes?

While it is technically possible to melt ice in cookware for cooking purposes, it is not recommended. The melted ice may contain impurities and debris that can affect the taste and quality of your food. It is best to use fresh, filtered water for cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KayPT
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
reneenshelcook4u
Replies
Views
Holly1756
  • stephanieboyd
  • Products and Tips
Replies