• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Master the Art of Cooking with Stainless Cookware | Expert Tips for Beginners

In summary, when using stainless steel pans, it is important to properly preheat the pan, use a small amount of oil or cooking spray, avoid overcrowding, and be patient when flipping or stirring the food to prevent sticking. Metal utensils can be used on stainless steel cookware, but sharp or serrated utensils should be used with caution to avoid scratching the surface. To clean stainless steel cookware, warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge or cloth can be used, with a mixture of baking soda and water for tougher stains. Stainless steel cookware is oven-safe, but make sure to check the maximum temperature it can withstand. To maintain the shine of stainless steel cookware, it is important to dry it thoroughly
KayPT
I saw some tips on here in the past about cooking with stainless cookware, but searched and could not find it. Is there anyone who can help me? I have someone who bought the 10" stainless but needs help with using it correctly. Thank you!

Use lots of fat (oils, butters) and don't move the food until it releases itself!

preheat the pan for a minute or so, it helps prevent sticking.

- Heat pan for a minute or two on low-medium heat before adding food.
- Do not use above a medium heat setting on the stove. Most times you only need a low heat setting. By cooking at a lower heat, food is less likely to stick. Cooking on high stove setting will cause damage and discoloration.
- Do not add salt to the food until the liquid comes to a boil or salt food after it has been cooked. The salt will create pit marks and discoloration in the stainless steel.
- To clean stuck on food or help get rid of discoloration, clean with the Bar Keepers Friend.

My new 12'' Stainless Skillet is my favorite product right now!! I love it:) I was always a big fan of the Executive line, but since the Chicken Piccata Pasta was made in the Stainless Skillet, I tried it with my Directors', loved it, and got one in November when they were on host special!

Heat it with Olive Oil, butter, or whatever fat the recipe calls for and then add your meat and get a good sear. The resulting fond is what you want! When you deglaze with some kind of liquid, the fond will release and make a delicious cooking sauce! Yum:)

1. How do I prevent food from sticking to stainless steel pans?

To prevent food from sticking to stainless steel pans, make sure to properly preheat the pan before adding any food. Also, use a small amount of oil or cooking spray to create a non-stick surface. Avoid overcrowding the pan and be patient when flipping or stirring the food to prevent it from sticking.

2. Can I use metal utensils on stainless steel cookware?

Yes, stainless steel cookware is durable and can withstand the use of metal utensils. However, be cautious when using sharp or serrated metal utensils as they may scratch the surface of the cookware.

3. How do I clean stainless steel cookware?

To clean stainless steel cookware, use warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. For tougher stains, you can use a mixture of baking soda and water to scrub the surface. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners as they can damage the cookware.

4. Can I use stainless steel cookware in the oven?

Yes, stainless steel cookware is oven-safe. However, make sure to check the manufacturer's instructions for the maximum temperature the cookware can withstand. Also, use oven mitts or pot holders when handling hot cookware.

5. How do I maintain the shine of stainless steel cookware?

To maintain the shine of stainless steel cookware, make sure to dry it thoroughly after washing to prevent water spots. You can also use a stainless steel cleaner or a mixture of vinegar and water to remove any stains or discoloration. Regularly polishing the cookware can also help maintain its shine.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mellissacooks4you
  • wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • pcmomof2or3
  • Products and Tips
Replies