• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Hosting Mystery Guest Cooking Show

In summary, the TS consultant was selling bar mix...say...there is nothing like a cake cooked in the Pampered Chef Stoneware...TS consultant selling pretzels...say, with our white SA pieces, anything can look classy served in them...Their dip bowl sets are currently unavailable so time to sell SA pieces to hold the dips too!
Denarella
G.A. Ladies and Gents....I know we've beaten this subject to no end but I need some assistance.

I have a very young woman hosting a show on Sunday the 11th at 1 p.m. She had never been to one before my Mystery Guest par-tay. I've sent NUMEROUS emails and I've called several times to discuss the game plan. I haven't heard from her except to get an E-Vite from her inviting me to the party I'm doing.

I gave her one last shot today, politely asking her what ideas she had for her show and how the T.S. consultant and I were to proceed.

Can someone PUHLEASE give me some direction? Has anyone ever done this with T.S.? This will be my FIRST cooking show and I'm freaked out enough.

Thank you kindly in advance,
Dena:yuck:

I haven't done one, but I would look through their catalog and pick out items in their product line that you KNOW can be used with our stuff...Sell stoneware for all the cake mixes, etc. If you talk first, sell like you normally would.
If you talk second, listen carefully to what she all mentions then show them whisk and tools and pans and stoneware to cook everything in.They key is to turn their minds from TS to PC items, not to reinforce TS sales, so mention and immediately redirect and focus on a PC item and don't mention the TS item over and over.I hope that makes sense...

It certain does. As much as I hate to say this, I wish I could just dump this show.:grumpy:

An example:TS consultant mentioned Vidalia Onion Dressing in her demo which we know is used for salads...So, either don't mention the dressing or just mention it once and focus on salad choppers, the mandoline, the salad spinner, salad tongs and SA to serve it in...TS consultant was selling bar mix...say...there is nothing like a cake cooked in the Pampered Chef Stoneware...TS consultant selling pretzels...say, with our white SA pieces, anything can look classy served in them...Their dip bowl sets are currently unavailable so time to sell SA pieces to hold the dips too!

janetupnorth said:
An example:

TS consultant mentioned Vidalia Onion Dressing in her demo which we know is used for salads...

So, either don't mention the dressing or just mention it once and focus on salad choppers, the mandoline, the salad spinner, salad tongs and SA to serve it in...

TS consultant was selling bar mix...say...there is nothing like a cake cooked in the Pampered Chef Stoneware...

TS consultant selling pretzels...say, with our white SA pieces, anything can look classy served in them...

Their dip bowl sets are currently unavailable so time to sell SA pieces to hold the dips too!

I cant wait to acquire the common sense that most of you have on here. Im still waiting to hear want she wants prepared.

Janet, thank you. They are wonderful ideas!:balloon: :) ;)

Denarella said:
I cant wait to acquire the common sense that most of you have on here. Im still waiting to hear want she wants prepared.

Janet, thank you. They are wonderful ideas!:balloon: :) ;)

Just hope you can go 2nd - be sure to volunteer the other lady to go first...and hope checkout is AFTER both not after each one. Otherwise, they'll spend their money with her and not have it left for you.

The longer someone thinks about buying something, the more chance it may have to go off their list. So if you are 2nd then hopefully they'll drop TS items for PC items.

I love TS's easy soup mixes that can double as a sauce (just had one the other night) - I always use PC"s cookware and a silicone whisk is a must as well! Our non-stick make clean up easier than preparing the soup (some need to simmer for 30-45 minutes). My TS consultant always buys my bamboo stuff (like the sm serving pieces). Also you have to measure water, mayo, sour cream, etc so go heavy on measuring cups.

I too would go heavy on the serving pieces - SA sm bowls perfect for soup, and I think they have a "spoon-able" brownie dessert, also have ice cream topping (like caramel sauce).

Bottom line, TS can make dinner easy, but PC can make it even faster and tastier!

janetupnorth said:
Just hope you can go 2nd - be sure to volunteer the other lady to go first...and hope checkout is AFTER both not after each one. Otherwise, they'll spend their money with her and not have it left for you.

The longer someone thinks about buying something, the more chance it may have to go off their list. So if you are 2nd then hopefully they'll drop TS items for PC items.

The worst part is the girl that's doing it sounds as if she's as young as she is....sighhhhh:rolleyes:

Denarella said:
The worst part is the girl that's doing it sounds as if she's as young as she is....sighhhhh:rolleyes:

hey you, don't stress her age too much, i hosted my first PC show when i was 24 and it was over $1100. the younger girls usually spend more especially on credit cards, you know what i mean??

ginamkiely said:
hey you, don't stress her age too much, i hosted my first PC show when i was 24 and it was over $1100. the younger girls usually spend more especially on credit cards, you know what i mean??

But the lady I hate the MOST in my office because she a back stabbing witch to everyone she getting her hands on? This is her son's girlfriend. I know, I know. I sound sooooo petty. But after the lack of responses from her I'm so excited for this to be over. I'm really trying. I'm just hoping I walk out of this with a smile in the end.:yuck:

janetupnorth said:

I would actually do the opposite. Demonstrate how to make the TS products with the PC tools, and there's your demo right there! You demo the TS recipes with our products, and sell both at once. She talks about the recipes/food while they eat. Done!

cathyskitchen said:
I would actually do the opposite. Demonstrate how to make the TS products with the PC tools, and there's your demo right there! You demo the TS recipes with our products, and sell both at once. She talks about the recipes/food while they eat. Done!

If the TS girl gets back to me.....did you ever just have that bad feeling in the pit of your stomach? lol....:yuck:

cathyskitchen said:

That isn't bad either, I'd just be a little worried about doing her work for her...selling her stuff while you work...

...just remember, either way, RELAX, HAVE FUN, ENJOY, and you will do just fine.

Let us know how it goes! :)

cathyskitchen said:

I agree - work together to sell your stuff. Show them that the TS products taste really good and how well the PC products are for preparing and cooking them.

I agree with Janat. Don't mention the TS products. Just show ours and use general words like "dressing" instead of "Vidalia Salad Dressing" or "brownies" rather than the exact name of the TS brownie mix.

JAE said:
I agree with Janat. Don't mention the TS products. Just show ours and use general words like "dressing" instead of "Vidalia Salad Dressing" or "brownies" rather than the exact name of the TS brownie mix.

I think working together to create a fun show atmosphere makes everyone more comfortable and willing to buy from each of you. Why not help each other? I helped my TS consultant by telling everyone how delicious her stuff was and how much I loved the convenience, and then she told everyone how much she loved PC products and how great they were to make her recipes. I had a great show (the TS consultant got the PC host benefits, and I got the TS host benefits, and we both got everything we wanted). Don't fight it - just work it!

I'm normally all for the "fun" but from the sounds of it, this person cannot be gotten hold of, etc., so it would be hard to work together for a show. Then if Dena shows up with her "A game" and talks about TS too much, TS will be in everyone's mind not PC, that is my point. You can work together and make it fun without "selling" the TS stuff for her. You can mention the things and turn it to PC without being degrading or without glorifying it too much either.

Dena will just have to go with her gut that night and hope it works out well! :) Hopefully she'll feel out the atmosphere when she gets there and will know what to do...

I've received an email from the hostess's friend who's the TS consultant. She gave me her game plan which was really cryptic. I just have a bad feeling like I'm kind of getting scammed here but I'm okay with it and Im going to do the best I can with nothing. I need the experience and if this is a bunch of young girls who are naive, then I'm putting the optomistic spin on it and taking advantage of the situation. An audience to practice on and maybe make alittle money. She said 7-12 girls will be there (i'm going to take that as 5 or 6). We will see, folks.;)

Could end up being a good recruiting event also. You never know!

sfdavis918 said:
Could end up being a good recruiting event also. You never know!

True Sarah, you never know. Hey. I invited over 50 to my open house/mystery show and ended up with 17 people actually at my house and this was, by far, the youngest girl there AND one of the 3 that had never actually been to a PC show. I'd settle for another one of those.

cathyskitchen said:

Cathy - I was looking something else up today and came across this in our consultant agreement:

I will demonstrate or sell only Company products at Cooking Shows. I will not demonstrate or sell any other products, including any products made personally by me, as part of my Pampered Chef business, at any Cooking Show; or at a Company-sponsored event or meeting.

Based on this, I think we have to be careful at joint shows to only demonstrate our stuff. You can verbally talk about how to use the tools to make it, but shouldn't be demonstrating the making of their company products.

I know this can start a big debate on using a name brand store item in a demo, etc., etc. ...just use your best judgement...I think they would view that differently because it is sold at a grocery store not at the same home party.

Related to Help Needed: Hosting Mystery Guest Cooking Show

1. What is a mystery guest cooking show?

A mystery guest cooking show is an exciting event where a surprise guest chef comes to your home to demonstrate Pampered Chef products and teach you and your guests new recipes and cooking techniques. The identity of the guest chef is kept a secret until the day of the event, adding an element of surprise and fun to the experience.

2. How do I host a mystery guest cooking show?

To host a mystery guest cooking show, you can reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant and express your interest. They will then work with you to choose a date, invite your guests, and plan the menu for the event. You can also choose to host the show online if an in-person event is not possible.

3. Is there a cost to host a mystery guest cooking show?

No, there is no cost to host a mystery guest cooking show. As a host, you will receive free products and discounts based on the sales from your event. Your Pampered Chef consultant will handle all the details, so you can sit back, relax, and enjoy the show with your guests.

4. Can I choose the recipes for the mystery guest cooking show?

The recipes for the mystery guest cooking show are chosen by the guest chef and your Pampered Chef consultant. They will take into consideration any dietary restrictions or preferences you or your guests may have. However, if there is a specific recipe you would like to see, you can discuss it with your consultant beforehand.

5. Can I invite friends who are not familiar with Pampered Chef?

Absolutely! The mystery guest cooking show is a great opportunity to introduce your friends to Pampered Chef and its products. Your consultant will provide all the information and resources they need to learn about the brand and its products. Plus, your guests will have the chance to try out the products and see how they can make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • melodyprine
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • babywings76