• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help!! Need to Book Out My August How?

yet their posts and emails look like they don't have a clue, it might be time for them to get some help of their own.
milkangel
I want to book out my august being i have not done wuch the last 4 months and my hubby told me to leave my july where it is so i did and now i have 1 catalog to where i had 2 cooking and they both canceld or changed the date. last time i am listening to him. i want to book my month out with host excited for the cookwere and i do have one booth yet this month. so those that have good luck how do you do that?

I got two catalog shows (one may turn into a cooking show) for August simply by emailing two of my past hosts that had used their host benefits to buy the cookware and telling them about the August host special. I knew how much they loved their Executive cookware and thought they might like to add some pieces. They were very glad that I told them and quickly agreed to do shows for August.

to all of you that sell every month and have good ones can you say the economy is not affecting your sales or bookings ? my hubby thinks it affects the sales and bookings because people are tyring to save money but i do not think so. what can i do to boost sales and bookings?

Last edited:
I say what I always say when people ask me why I switched from Costume Jewelry to PC:"In this economy, people will not spend $50 or $100 for something to hang around their neck. But they will spend that amount to feed their family."Tell them that the berry spinner will let them use the berries in their back yard. The stoneware will let them make pizzaria style pizza at a fraction of the cost. The gagets will make it easier to get dinner on the table and the recipes are all 29 minutes or less!

I don't mean to be rude but all of your posts are hard to read due to the spelling and grammar errors that you have in them. I don't know if you realize but you can use spell check before posting.

Also if you are emailing friends, family and past customers or hosts to try and get sales and / or bookings and your emails are like you posts on here it makes you look very unprofessional.

PCMomto4 said:
I don't mean to be rude but all of your posts are hard to read due to the spelling and grammar errors that you have in them. I don't know if you realize but you can use spell check before posting.

Also if you are emailing friends, family and past customers or hosts to try and get sales and / or bookings and your emails are like you posts on here it makes you look very unprofessional.
Not meaning to be rude to you, but my emails were obviously professional enough to book two shows for August, with very minimal effort on my part. I must have done something right.

PCMomto4 said:

I think you meant to type "your". Again, not meaning to be rude.

taterbug said:
Not meaning to be rude to you, but my emails were obviously professional enough to book two shows for August, with very minimal effort on my part. I must have done something right.

I'm pretty sure she was referring to milkangel.

Di_Can_Cook said:
I say what I always say when people ask me why I switched from Costume Jewelry to PC:

"In this economy, people will not spend $50 or $100 for something to hang around their neck. But they will spend that amount to feed their family."
Amen! I have a dear friend that is a jewelry consultant and when she tried talking me into selling under her, I said the exact same thing to her.

babywings76 said:
I'm pretty sure she was referring to milkangel.
I still think it was pretty rude and uncalled for.

She said she wasn't trying to be rude. I took it as constructive criticism, where others might think it was uncalled for. I don't know...Sometimes it takes an honest and blunt person to step forward and say what needs to be said. If someone is struggling and comes on every week for months on end asking for help and ideas, gets oodles and oodles of ideas and keeps coming back with the same questions and says how much they are doing but is still struggling in every way...maybe this is the one piece of advice that is different that could be the help she needs. It could be what is hurting her success. You never know.

I was referring to milkangel, and its not like it was a one time thing, look at all the posts that she has started basically asking the same question. All that have a ton of errors, not just one or two. Maybe she isn't aware of the number of mistakes she is making. I will be the first to say that I suck when it comes to spelling, but thats why their is spell check. When you type and don't use proper spelling and capitalization, it not only makes it very hard to read but also makes you look very uneducated (putting it nicely).

Maybe it just hit me wrong when I read it. If she had posted a flyer, email, etc. and said something like "I am planning to send this out to my past hosts; please give me your opinion", then I could see giving the advice.
And, it would have probably helped if she had specifically addressed the one to whom she was speaking. When I first read it, I took it to mean that she was speaking to all who had posted, not one person in particular.

to tell you the truth i struggle with spelling and honestly i hear that all the time and i dont send that meany e-mails out. I really do not know what is killing my success in this biz. Something is and to let you all know we are going through some rough times in our marrage right now and it has ben going on for years. I have lost something when i had our kids and even more after the second one so i need to find my self again and to know where i am at every thing. i thought that was rude to say when clearly i have touble at spelling. I will not say that to any one because i know what the person is going through.

I thought the comment about the spelling was rude also...even though you said not to be rude. It could have been phrased much better. Anyway, I can see why she asked the same thing more than once in her posts. I have been in that place of desperation wanting advice NOW :)
Now as for you milkangel, you seem bummed out and that is a biz killer. You need to realize you deserve success and you can achieve it with this business. You deserve the "you" time you get when you go do a show. That is how I look at the business. I also believe I am helping my hosts get free product they can't afford. Plus the guests at the show are learning how to make fast, cheap, delicious food at home instead of spending money at fast food places. The best way to get bookings is to get a positive attitude and pass it on to customers. Let them know what you can do for them. That is what has made my business triple in this economy. So get excited and get on the phone. :)

thank you gilchrist pchef
that is the advise i need from people and i have tryed to do more but sometimes my time is very limited so i need to do my best and more.

Lots of us have difficult times. We can still hit spell check and take advantage of all of the tips available here without recreating the wheel.

The truth hurts. Negativity will always win if we don't take the high road and rise above it.

Jack Canfield spoke about CNN...which was always on at our home... as Constantly Negative News...

This August has the best host and guest special in eons...everyone should want an August show...

PCMomto4 said:
I will be the first to say that I suck when it comes to spelling, but thats why their is spell check. When you type and don't use proper spelling and capitalization, it not only makes it very hard to read but also makes you look very uneducated (putting it nicely).

IMO people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

PCMomto4...just because you use spell check doesn't necessarily make you look any more educated or put together because of the tool... take a look at your reply...you may use spell check but you should be saying "that's" and not "thats" (apostrophe since its a contraction for 'there is'), "there" instead of "their" (because yours means ownership 'their house'). So IMO, grab a paddle and start rowing b/c you are in the same boat my dear...to others you may seem just as uneducated.

This is a blog site for crying out loud, not 7th grade spelling and grammar. It's a place for support, information sharing and the sharing of a mutual interest. For someone struggling already or needing help, what a way to knock them down even more (and saying your not meaning to be rude...seriously? There is no other way to take such a comment and if you want to belittle someones education level or spelling ability...no need to do it publically. That's called humiliation & uncalled for.)

If you think that may be her downside to her biz...find a tactful way to say it and/or PM her with some friendly two cents of yours, and most importantly advice and guidance. If you're the queen of how to use spell check..why not say "hey...I noticed your responses and I thought I'd point out to you that there is a spellcheck option. It appears as though you and I share a similiar weakness in the area of spelling. I find this tool to be very helpful and I thought it may help you too! Please do not be offended. I simply wanted to let you know the tool was there (if you didn't know) and lend a helping hand." Instead of saying in not so many words "You suck at this and I don't like reading what you type." :grumpy:

Excuse me for being on my soap box but since you seem to be able to dish it, I certainly hope you can take the blunt criticism right back at you. The threads yesterday on the recent caddiness surely has hit the spot. I may be one of the newbies here but there was no way I was going to bed without saying something. I never let the underpriveledged, shy, or nerdy kids get picked on in school by those that thought they were so perfect and I won't keep my mouth shut on here either.

Finally, I hope you learn to mentor your recruits better than you criticize on here. I will take my own advice and end with a positive training piece of advice... there is a huge difference between tactful and hurtful. It's not always what we say, but HOW we say it. I wish you the best of luck.

ok, Milkangel.... If you are still reading these posts since they have gotten pretty off topic.... here is my advice on shows.

First and foremost, make the decision that you WANT the shows and that when given the tools to get them - you will USE them. I have to come to terms with this a lot. I have all the tools, but how hard do I really want to work?

Second, I would suggest calling friends and family first. That is if you haven't used those 'family favors' lately. Explain that you are 're-launching' your buisness and you would love for them to be a part of this exciting time in your business. Do you have any new products laying around? Anything you could give as a prize? Do the 24 bookings in 24 hours challenge. Everyone who books for July or August get their name in a drawing for a free gift. For that matter, if you booked 24 shows, do you think your commission check would allow you to buy a stone for someone who particpated and won the drawing?

Let your family and friends know what you are doing. Set a show goal - I want 5 shows in August (whatever) and your friends will jump on board to help. I have an insane goal right now to do 40 shows before August 31st. I have 20 booked now! My friends and family are spreading the word and asking folks they know too! It is great!

Plan your own recipe tasting out of the new seasons best. We should get change over packets with that in there at the end of the month. So, plan a tasting in August. This is a great booking tool for Septemeber. Is your director or any other consultant's close? If so, see if they would want to do this with you. That way, you wouldn't have as much wrapped up in food and you would have some moral support there. I usually do my tasting with a couple friends - one sells jewelry and the other sells Candles. Then we each have the others customer base to shop with us. If you decide to do the tasting, look around on here (or PM me) for tips on how to make it successful.

I hope this was helpful, milkangel. Good luck. Remember, though, it all starts with your attitude....... If you think you can succeed or you think you can't succeed - YOU ARE RIGHT!
:)

oh, if for some reason you are not going to get a change over packet - don't know when you were active last- the recipes should be on consultant's corner by then.... for your tasting :)

Melissa,
I completely agree with your post and appreciate what you wrote. This has bothered me all night and when I woke up this morning, it was still on my mind.

This is crazy but I too have been thinking about this all night; I really couldn't sleep.
I did think of another idea for bookings though....
When I first started I took a dessert to my bank with catalogs. I did the same at my doctor's office and my dentist. I got a catalog show out of the dentist's office and the bank.

I normally would just ignore such posting however, like you, I would have been aggravated all night long. In fact I was but at least I knew I had some self-peace with what I said. It surely hit my 'hot button' and I just could not choose to ignore. I love this site and what it has to offer (overall). I personally appreciate everyone's feedback, even if its constructive criticism, but the key is 'constructive'. There is no need for malicious comments...we all work very hard to build ourselves up, or look for others to help us in that area...not to have others knock us back down. We each are our own biggest enemies, we don't need help in that area. I will help anyone the best that I can and just hope that others continue to do the same.

1. How do I book out my August calendar?

To book out your August calendar, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Pampered Chef account.
2. Click on the "My Business" tab.
3. Under "My Calendar", click on the month of August.
4. Click on the date you want to book out.
5. In the pop-up window, click on the "Book Out" button.
6. Select the reason for booking out and click "Save".
Your August calendar will now be marked as booked out for that date.

2. Can I book out multiple dates on my August calendar?

Yes, you can book out multiple dates on your August calendar. Simply follow the same steps as booking out a single date, but select all the dates you want to book out before clicking the "Book Out" button.

3. How can I view my booked out dates for August?

To view your booked out dates for August, follow these steps:
4. Your booked out dates will be marked with a red "B" on the calendar.
5. You can also click on a specific date to view the reason for booking out.

4. Can I cancel a booked out date in August?

Yes, you can cancel a booked out date in August by following these steps:
4. Click on the date you want to cancel.
5. In the pop-up window, click on the "Cancel" button.
6. Confirm the cancellation and the date will no longer be booked out.

5. What should I do if I need to book out my entire August calendar?

If you need to book out your entire August calendar, you can do so by following these steps:
4. Click on the first date of August and hold down the "Shift" key on your keyboard.
5. Scroll down to the last date of August and click on it while still holding down the "Shift" key.
6. In the pop-up window, click on the "Book Out" button.
7. Select the reason for booking out and click "Save".
Your entire August calendar will now be marked as booked out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
MORFIA
  • AJPratt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • crisbm103
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies